It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No athiest in this foxhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The title is just something I was told in the army, but never really had to personally test... This thread is my first posts as a Christian... I don’t know if I just need to get it out or if someone else needs me to. I believe it’s what is wanted from me for God... It will be imperfect, as I am too.

Throughout my life, I’ve experienced revelations, discoveries, awakenings, etc, but nothing as important and Good as finding faith, through Jesus Christ. He continues to fill my soul.

Close to twenty years ago, when I moved away from home, I quit church, because I didn’t really believe.

A couple years ago, I started reading the New Testament because I wanted to debate (for or against it) better. On one plane trip, I read Matthew and Mark. That was all it took for me to be set on a new path.

It wasn’t righteous, as I had a lot to learn, but it was calming.

Just in the last couple weeks, I’m starting to “see” evil that is all around us... Not like hallucinations, but rather like in symbols, in entertainment, in politics, in supposedly non-political government, in lots of things that simply are not “in Jesus’ name.” To give just one specific, I finally started believing when people say they “sold their soul to the devil.” This realization brought my faith to a whole new level...

Lots of people say that we, currently, in America, are heading for a Civil War. I say... I pray not. Jesus has said something like, “all these wars must come to pass,” or something like that... Anyways, I now see that there is a very real struggle between good and evil. I’m not even talking about right and left. I am talking God and satan. I am in a figurative foxhole, and I am a Christian. (Had to tie the title in.)

I realize that I am nowhere, nowhere good enough to even wash Jesus’s feet, as I continue to sin. But i am truly sorry for my sins, and He has invited each of us to repent, love Him, and find salvation... That is what I want, but I’d be lying if I said I had it now. Personally, I am working towards it. I do know that Jesus says to (paraphrasing here) preach his word and bring others to him. I’ve never thought I would be one of “those.” But I also believe in and love Jesus enough now that saying something is my duty. That being said, I have a lot to learn, and a lot to unlearn. I am not calling anybody out. I am calling anybody to Him.

In the interest of disclosure, to this day, I haven’t even read to the end of Acts. That’s how powerful it was to me, but I am resisting being saved so much, and I wish I wasn’t, but in my soul, I know that I am now headed in the right direction. Jesus Christ is the Way. I vow to continue reading the Bible.

I truly want to become a servant, or at least a follower, to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross, and was resurrected, and who ascended into heaven... In his name, I invite any of you that will accept him as your Lord and Savior, through Whom all good things come, to do so, also.

From here on out, when I comment on ATS, I promise to try to hold myself to a Christian standard... Please, call me out on it, if I don’t.

Anyways, I could never say enough, and I know I haven’t, but I’m just about done for now, so I’ll end this with a prayer which I was taught a long time ago that Jesus taught others:

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hollowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done,
On earth, as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day, our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those, who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

This, I pray, in Jesus Christ’s name.
God bless you.

edit on 6/28/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Good to hear that the Bible is speaking to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It's all good and well when the bible starts to talk with you... but I do wish the dictionary would shut up!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Welcome to the faith . It may be that God needs you to say one kind word to someone at some point in time to accomplish His will through you . We are all living stones being hewed to fit rightly into the building of God . Be patient and embrace trials and tribulation ,knowing that it builds patience . God does not build junk ...just saying

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

but I do wish the dictionary would shut up!!!
Been there and done that . Then I got a Strong's . Then I really needed Gods help

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

People don't realize how understanding removes fear and doubt.

Things are bad and going to get much worse, we need to be strong and full of faith to be ready.

What happens to the body means nothing in the big picture the truth does set you free.

God, please direct us in our hearts and minds every moment in Jesus name Amen.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

God bless you and protect you. Now it is time to strengthen your faith and God's word will do this. Faith comes from hearing the word of God and each day you study God's word you will find your faith getting stronger and brother you are going to need it.

The dark forces of this world (spiritual and physical) seek out those who pray and worship to the one true God and they try to destroy their faith and to stop them from praying. Get prepared.... the more you pray and worship they turn up the heat making it more difficult. Do NOT fall for this trap.

Also expect testing from heaven.... to test your faith because it will come when you least expect it.

As the Apostle James states, ´But He gives us more grace. This is why it says: “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.… (James 4:7)

You know being a Christian puts a large target on your back. Expect verbal attacks and if you wear the cross in public prepare to defend yourself. You walk around Stuttgart, Germany wearing a cross (as a man) you better be ready to fight because you WILL be attacked. It will be torn off your body and thrown to the ground.

Are you ready to carry your own cross?

Learn how to protect yourself and fight the dark side. If you need help simply send a PM,

Stay awake brother...

edit on 29-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well done, and welcome to the fresh start.
You will find that the environment on ATS is not as tough on Christians as it used to be.
Here was my version of the story;
How an atheist became a Christian

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: chr0naut

It's all good and well when the bible starts to talk with you... but I do wish the dictionary would shut up!!!

Yeah, I've a Concise Oxford Dictionary and a Rojet's Thesaurus in a verbal slanging match against the Harry Potter series.

I'm just waiting for them to get tired out and to go off to their respective shelves in a huff.

Then I might get some peace (but not War and...).

edit on 29/6/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There is more to being a Christian than reading the bible, it's a good start
Finding a good church, good luck with that, finding good Christian friends, good luck with that as well

Good teaching, me I am a big fan of "the meeting house" and Bruxy Cavey, have a listen, very solid teaching in my humble opinion. Changed my Christian walk for the better

Hold fast it only gets tougher from here

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You will never be alone. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Hey bro!
For you - He is love. You are righteous in Him. And to Him be the glory.

www.youtube.com...
People Get Ready The Lion of Judah, Misty Edwards

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
The title is just something I was told in the army, but never really had to personally test... This thread is my first posts as a Christian... I don’t know if I just need to get it out or if someone else needs me to. I believe it’s what is wanted from me for God... It will be imperfect, as I am too.

Throughout my life, I’ve experienced revelations, discoveries, awakenings, etc, but nothing as important and Good as finding faith, through Jesus Christ. He continues to fill my soul.

Close to twenty years ago, when I moved away from home, I quit church, because I didn’t really believe.

A couple years ago, I started reading the New Testament because I wanted to debate (for or against it) better. On one plane trip, I read Matthew and Mark. That was all it took for me to be set on a new path.

Just in the last couple weeks, I’m starting to “see” evil that is all around us... Not like hallucinations, but rather like in symbols, in entertainment, in politics, in supposedly non-political government, in lots of things that simply are not “in Jesus’ name.” To give just one specific, I finally started believing when people say they “sold their soul to the devil.” This realization brought my faith to a whole new level...

Lots of people say that we, currently, in America, are heading for a Civil War. I say... I pray not. Jesus has said something like, “all these wars must come to pass,” or something like that... Anyways, I now see that there is a very real struggle between good and evil. I’m not even talking about right and left. I am talking God and satan. I am in a figurative foxhole, and I am a Christian. (Had to tie the title in.)

I realize that I am nowhere, nowhere good enough to even wash Jesus’s feet, as I continue to sin. But i am truly sorry for my sins, and He has invited each of us to repent, love Him, and find salvation... That is what I want, but I’d be lying if I said I had it now. Personally, I am working towards it. I do know that Jesus says to (paraphrasing here) preach his word and bring others to him. I’ve never thought I would be one of “those.” But I also believe in and love Jesus enough now that saying something is my duty. That being said, I have a lot to learn, and a lot to unlearn. I am not calling anybody out. I am calling anybody to Him.

In the interest of disclosure, to this day, I haven’t even read to the end of Acts. That’s how powerful it was to me, but I am resisting being saved so much, and I wish I wasn’t, but in my soul, I know that I am now headed in the right direction. Jesus Christ is the Way. I vow to continue reading the Bible.

I truly want to become a servant, or at least a follower, to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross, and was resurrected, and who ascended into heaven... In his name, I invite any of you that will accept him as your Lord and Savior, through Whom all good things come, to do so, also.

From here on out, when I comment on ATS, I promise to try to hold myself to a Christian standard... Please, call me out on it, if I don’t.

Anyways, I could never say enough, and I know I haven’t, but I’m just about done for now, so I’ll end this with a prayer which I was taught a long time ago that Jesus taught others:

Hollowed be thy name.

God bless you.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Hollowed be thy name.

God bless you.

FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM
THE POWER AND THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER
AMEN

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do not enter a 501C church. The Holy Spirit is not there and most churches in USA are 501C.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

there may be no atheists in a foxhole but there is no god in a grave either. ask any corpse.
edit on 29-6-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You will never be alone. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Is he the man who keeps hassling me for rent? He never leaves me alone. And keeps telling me to do better, like paying on time and stuff.

He's really an asshole though... doesn't look after the place despite numerous complaints about the plumbing and infant mortality rate. All he does he hang around and every sunday says "Oi, you.. Rent time." and I have to spend an hour saying sorry for being late.

No wonder they nailed him to a tree.

top topics

join