It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes. Trump has called for harassment.

At rallies. He makes a lot of threatening statements.

*sigh*. I guess you don’t see them? Or don’t interpret them as threatening?

Ok. I’m done.

Enjoy your stars.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I don't interpret them as threatening... usually anyway.

I am confused at the apparent exasperation in your post. Are you aware that couched comments can be interpreted different ways by different people? They might be interpreted one way by you and quite another by the speaker. that's what i am hearing when it comes to Trump's statements: "He meant this when he said that." When Mad Maxine spoke at her rally, she was clear as a bell, no ambiguity. While Trump might have been out of line at his rallies, Maxine was bitter, spiteful, and purely hateful at hers.

That, sir, is the disconnect... you have to interpret his comments to make them anywhere as near as Waters' comments clearly were. That is the bias, and that bias is the reason you are not being heard. Facts, not opinions on the facts, are what matter.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

First of all, it’s Ma’am, not sir. 😉. No fault in not knowing that, of course.

Perhaps because I am a woman with particular experiences, I hear Trump very differently than a man would, assuming you are male. I hear him as threatening and an abuser. It is instinctual from long experience with abusive bullying tactics and male pussy-grabbers. Sorry for the graphic words, but Trump did say “grab them by the pussy” on tape.

I also hear him as a bald-faced liar. The Right seems to chuckle and say “nah, that’s just Trump.” Whatever. He is the very definition of a shadey con man to me. Trump University was a total con job. He ran businesses into the ground and he’s now trusted to run our economy? He only survived that because he was rich.

He is rude, bullying and talks like a freaking mobster. He is venal and amoral. He is held up as a Christian Man but he is not remotely that.

So yes, I am more likely to hear what Trump says through the lens of my experience. When I was in high school, I made a poster of all the things I was afraid of - bullying and Authoritarian Male Ruler were the two most prominent. It is hard-wired into a lot of us.

The fact that I’m not heard and dismissed doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m used to it, especially here at ATS.

It blows my mind that anyone can see him otherwise, frankly.

edit on 1-7-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just goes to show how u hinges the garden variety dim bulb trump supporter is. a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Just goes to show how u hinges the garden variety dim bulb trump supporter is. a reply to: xuenchen

dim bulb? What's a u hinges?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My apologies, Ma'am! And yes, I am male.

It really bothers me to read about your 'particular experiences'... my wife has had similar, if I am reading you right. Men can indeed be overly aggressive. It is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination, but it is unfortunately the way many seem to be hard-wired.

In the interest of debate, let me take the points you addressed.

I hear him as threatening and an abuser. It is instinctual from long experience with abusive bullying tactics and male pussy-grabbers. Sorry for the graphic words, but Trump did say “grab them by the *****” on tape.

Yes, he did, but let's look at the complete comment, shall we? "They let you grab them by the *****." Consent was implied. I realize that was rude, crude "locker room talk," but most men do it at some point in their lives. So do most women, from what my wife tells me. With men, it is usually more of a braggadocios ego-trip rather than a glimpse into his psyche. More telling to me, as a male, was his almost shy approach to a woman upon exiting the bus. He did not grab anything, and actually acted somewhat subdued.

That is normal, and indicative of someone who just got through bragging about stuff he deep down was actually uncomfortable about bragging about. It's just normally not reported. That incident caused me to swear off of CNN, and I have not watched them since... I won't watch them. Not because they aired dirt on Trump, but because they aired a private conversation that is normally considered "not safe for public consumption" in a disingenuous attempt to create a false public impression. I cannot forgive that so easily.

His three marriages concern me more than those comments... but as I have said may times, I didn't vote for a preacher.

Trump University was a total con job. He ran businesses into the ground and he’s now trusted to run our economy? He only survived that because he was rich.

There is not a school of higher learning existent that does not have similar dissatisfied students. Not everyone can succeed at the job they think they want. Many people at my school wanted to be an engineer... or thought they did. They hated math, though, and were more interested in other things. What they wanted was the nice cushy chair in a nice cubicle with a nice fat paycheck.

And guess what? They washed out, and most went on to complain about how the school was a sham and didn't do anything for them. I, on the other hand, got my degree and am collaborating free-lance. Others I know have got those nice cushy jobs with the nice fat paycheck. The problem wasn't with the school, but rather with the students that could not succeed in the school.

I would suggest that, while some businesses have failed, Trump's overall record in business has been stellar. he took an initial $1 million loan from his father and turned it into a multi billion dollar empire in one of the toughest locations in one of the toughest industries known. No one accomplishes that without taking full advantage of the legalities of the industry. Yes, some declared bankruptcy, but I can't blame Trump for taking advantage of laws made by those he beat in the election.

He is rude, bullying and talks like a freaking mobster. He is venal and amoral. He is held up as a Christian Man but he is not remotely that.

LOL... from my experience as a OTR truck driver, EVERYONE in New York City is rude, bullying, and talks like a freaking mobster. It's just the way they are. On the other hand, I have had some really great experiences meeting Yankees up there. I actually refer to the area as "a whole city full of Yankee rednecks."

As for being a Christian... again, I did not vote for a preacher. I voted for a President. I care not how nice he is; I care about what he does in the position.

Hopefully that will clear up some of your confusion about why I consider Trump the way I do.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: soundguy

dim bulb? What's a u hinges?

This is a U hinge.

I think he/she meant unhinged though. They have it reversed of course, since Mad Maxine is the one quite U(n)hinged

edit on 1-7-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mad Max isn't any more than a worn old whore that is still mad because she wasn't born white. She has low mental capacity but is just what the Plantation Democrats want. Somebody to tow the line. The Plantation Democrats biggest fear is blacks will start thinking for themselves. The massive support of the Latino community by the Plantation Democrats has them wondering why they have been left behind??

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The threats of harm, came from within her party. Republicans love her!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

The threats of harm, came from within her party. Republicans love her!

And that I agree with 100%

🔑🔓😎

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I am a woman, and I do not interpret anything the way that you do.
So, it's not a woman thing.
There is a big problem in this country with some women believing that all women must agree on certain things.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Oh, sure, just go and confuse the redneck...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I will admit, that sounds like it would give you an interesting perspective. Some day, I'd like to discuss that with you.

I'm planning to do a thread about some of the interesting discoveries I've made from analyzing my genetic heritage. Sometimes official family history diverges significantly from reality.

They must have been having a membership drive. That's about the same time frame I was asked to join... twice!

I never thought of that!

I advised the guy that invited me to "never ask me that question again." And my flushed face and gritting teach provided all the emphasis I needed.

We hung out a lot before this, but I only saw him once after that.

Regards,
-dex

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Proper punctuation, and spelling, would go a long ways towards making your posts more effective. Not very effective, mind you, just more effective.

Speaking of "u hinges", what ever that is... Do you have any idea just how ironic that post of yours is?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I'm planning to do a thread about some of the interesting discoveries I've made from analyzing my genetic heritage. Sometimes official family history diverges significantly from reality.

I look forward to it!

I perhaps took you the wrong way earlier. In my defense, as someone who actually saw actual racism taking place in my younger days, it tends to irk me when most people simply decide they are somehow the authority on what their new pet word really means. I actually see the rhetoric that runs rampant today as increasing the push toward actual racism, and I do not want to see that again!

As for the KKK, I didn't have to even frown. When I spouted off that line, it was the other guy who was scowling. Back then I was a young, cocky, devil-can-kiss-my-rear, wade-through-Hell-on-Sunday-to-fight-a-circle-saw redneck, and I don't think he expected that response.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
H. RES. 966

(1) the House of Representatives does censure and condemn Representative Maxine Waters for her intolerable response to the policies of the Trump Administration on June 23, 2018, for her quest for hostility and violence, and for her uncivilized remarks about President Trump, officials of his administration, and those who support his administration;

(2) Representative Maxine Waters forthwith present herself in the well of the House for the pronouncement of censure; and

(3) Representative Maxine Waters be censured with the public reading of this resolution by the Speaker.

Referred to House Ethics 06/26/2018

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
H.Res.962 - Condemning and censuring Maxine Waters, Representative of California's 43d Congressional District.

(1) the House of Representatives censures and condemns Maxine Waters for conduct that condones public violence and incites public discord, and is not befitting an elected Member of the House of Representatives; and

(2) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that Maxine Waters, Representative of California’s 43d Congressional District, should—

(A) issue a formal apology to the members of the Trump administration and all public officials for endangering their lives and sowing seeds of discord;

(B) issue a public statement that physical violence and harassment is not an appropriate reaction for members of the public to express disagreement with their elected officials; and

(C) immediately resign from office to allow an individual more befitting of the respect of the people of the United States to represent California’s 43d Congressional District.

Referred to House Ethics 06/25/2018

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Thanks *so* much for posting the links to the bills.

It makes for amazing reading. And I particularly like that they are both short and to the point.

Good work!!

Now, let's see what happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

'Bout

Damn

Time!

I see what they are doing... two bills to see which one gets passed. One including resignation, one not. The good part will be the vote: any Representative, regardless of party, that votes against both, apparently agrees with Mad Maxine. That'll make some good hay during the MIdterms.

Waters opened her mouth, and is getting exactly what she asked for.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join