It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Regardless of my opinion about her--which is less than flattering for her--death threats? Really? ...and just WTF does that accomplish?

It's a sure and certain way to prove that, hey, Trump supporters are all violent nuts just waiting for an excuse...'cause here's one of 'em now.

Stupid, people...really f'n stupid. Your being handed free gold, and some proceed to turn it into lead. Well done, people, well done.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
So you don't think Obama suffered from the same lack of civility? You think Trump is responsible?

This is the problem right here. People have become so entrenched in their political opinions that all reason and balance go out of the window. History shows us that when this happens, things have a nasty habit of spiralling downwards.

Eta:
Sorry that was a response to Aboveboard.

Obama had people be uncivil to him...saying “you lie!” In the middle of his speech, etc., is that what you are referring to???? Please expand your argument. Otherwise I’m getting a “whattaboutism “ “both sides” argument that fails to do anything except distract from the point at hand.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RazorV66

She's smarter than trump and you know that's true. Women especially black women...Work twice as hard to get half as far.

Go find her tweets full of misspellings

Will direct quotes of stupidity suffice considering she almost certainly has an intern or aides to compose her Tweets for her?
www.cnn.com...

Well, to her credit, Maxine Waters, congresswoman and resident bomb thrower of California, didn't bother to behind hide behind such euphemisms while asked why she was there. This is what Maxine Waters said -- quote -- "I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion."

170 million lost jobs!!! Holy Hell!

www.beliefnet.com...

“We do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac and particularly Fannie Mae under the outstanding leadership of Frank Raines”
Read more at www.beliefnet.com...

2008 disagreed vehemently with her...

newsone.com...

“It was just everywhere, and as I traveled across the country I saw entire towns that were cracked out. I mean, everybody was on crack.”

or her speeches where she doesn't have a clue about history or law or the constitution or how government works.

madworldnews.com...
www.conservativereview.com...
constitution.com...
www.washingtonexaminer.com...
www.theamericanmirror.com...

What do now, Silly?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The evidence of my ears, and eyes, refutes that statement of her being smarter than Trump. Bigly.

She's waaay the Hell and gone over the line, and is now reaping what she's sown. That some have sunk to her level to issue death threats, anonymously I'm sure, doesn't make that any less true.

Her martyrdom is showing. The whole exercise can be summed up in the following words: "Oh, poor me, bad people don't like me." ...and if she can't figure out why, she most assuredly isn't smarter than Trump.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

"There was one very serious death threat made against me on Monday from an individual in Texas which is why my planned speaking engagements in Texas and Alabama were cancelled (sic) this weekend," she continued. "This is just one in several very serious threats the United States Capitol Police are investigating in which individuals threatened to shoot, lynch, or cause me serious bodily harm."

www.cnn.com...

I don't really agree with what Waters suggested, I don't believe she ever suggested that liberals physically assault members of the trump administration or his supporters... she most certainly didn't suggest that shoot or lynch anyone! as far as "attacking" president trump...
conservatives were pretty danged vocal when it came to opposing obama and his policies...
were they "attacking" president obama? should they have gotten threats of being shot or lynched till they ceased "attacking " him?

we now have toddlers being ordered to appear in immigration courts alone to explain why they should get asylum. kids that are too young to realize that it's inappropriate to be climbing on the tables, who might not even be able to say much in their native tongue, who, may or may not have anyone representing them... in courtrooms before a judge. tell me, when the kid fails to articulate why they should be deported, will they at least find the kid's parent, or are they gonna just take the kid across the border and drop him off in the desert alone?
maybe those who came up with this crazy policy, those who continually lied about it just to sow confusion as to what was going on deserve a week or so of not having a peaceful meal out in public!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So what was the “death threat” exactly?

Dear Congressperson Waters,
After hearing your words last Saturday I feel I must now carry concealed for the protection of my self, my family and my neighbors because I live in a predominantly Republican area. This is unacceptable and to continue this sort of rhetoric that incites violence, I shall have to take it up with DNC leadership to have you removed.

Or something similar that is being exaggerated to fit an agenda...who knows?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No one, except her, I'm sure. Though, given the idiocy we all know is out there, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, either.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Mad Maxine declared war on half of America. What does she expect?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

but, the groups that were in charlottesville had already declared war on half of america..
I suppose if I hunted some I could find the actual words that were used....
but, it's just gotten too incredibly insane here on ats and I know that no matter what I say, how many links I post...
it's not gonna change anything.

so tell me, just how is verbally confronting members of the trump administration in public places declaring war on half of america? how is telling them they are not welcomed in your restaurant, or heckling them? ya know sticks and stones and all that... words will never hurt you! they most certainly won't cause you to have a stroke and wake up partially paralyzed like a tiki torch might cause!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Their intent may not be to "declare war". On that, we agree.

However, it only takes one or two morons who think otherwise. That, of course, applies to all sides in the continuing idiocy run amok that is politics in America today.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Come now, when you rant about these people not being welcome anywhere in any place in America, how do you think unstable people are going to take it? She will, however, not be responsible for anything that does happen. That will be on the people who act, however, I have zero sympathies for MAd MAxine.

edit on 29/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And that's the divisive nature of this country. Trump is Divisive and many Democrats and Republicans are divisive. All the new shows on Fox and Talk radio are Divisive. All the news shows on MSNBC are divisive.

For most of you, it will only brainwash you and cause you to not be open to new ideas but for hte few, they'll take it to extreme measures and commit violence.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're a pretty smart, level-headed person.

I don't see a happy ending here to any of this.

Do you?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't see how you could have any sympathy to spare seems like our ranter in chief requires more from his supporters than any human could possibly have!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

No! No! No!

Violent behavior is not the answer to any problem. An eye for an eye is the recipe for a world of blind people.

Maxine Waters was absolutely wrong in urging harassment. Anyone who uses such vile tactics is wrong. Using someone else's wrong-doing to justify one's own misbehavior is immature and childish. Apparently that is what our society has become---five year old children stomping their feet while proclaiming "She/he started it."

I want to live in a civil society. You are calling for an uncivil society. That is wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At this present moment, I see it as 50-50 chance that someone is going to do something excruciatingly stupid, and some people are going to get killed in large numbers--I leave it to others to define large numbers--one is too many as far as I'm concerned, though I do have to wonder about others.

If the rhetoric keeps escalating? Who knows. It'll be nothing good, on that we're agreed.

All because we can't agree to disagree, and talk again, later.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

“What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?” kinda talks about the loonies and how they react. Well, the story behind the REM song anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
And that's the divisive nature of this country. Trump is Divisive and many Democrats and Republicans are divisive. All the new shows on Fox and Talk radio are Divisive. All the news shows on MSNBC are divisive.

For most of you, it will only brainwash you and cause you to not be open to new ideas but for hte few, they'll take it to extreme measures and commit violence.

To further this equation, thus MSM is divisive. Hmmmm, wonder how this could be fixed? Perhaps if CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and the one network on the other side, Fox News, would quit being so divisive, along with the talk shows on said networks (the 4 or 5 on Fox news, the 20 or so on the networks of the left) stopping the divisiveness, then just maybe the populace of the US would follow. As if...

By the way, pretty obvious which side has the market on divisive propaganda, and by sheer numbers of broadcasting hours, the lions share of propagating the divisiveness.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: amazing

To further this equation, thus MSM is divisive. Hmmmm, wonder how this could be fixed? Perhaps if CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and the one network on the other side, Fox News, would quit being so divisive, along with the talk shows on said networks (the 4 or 5 on Fox news, the 20 or so on the networks of the left) stopping the divisiveness, then just maybe the populace of the US would follow. As if...

By the way, pretty obvious which side has the market on divisive propaganda, and by sheer numbers of broadcasting hours, the lions share of propagating the divisiveness.

But consider this...

Conservative people watch conservative News pundits and Liberal people watch liberal news pundits.

We know there are a lot of conservative people in this country, they helped elect Trump.

I think it's number or liberal broadcasters as it is in who is most popular or most watched.

Most liberal news sources, let's say you mean CBS, ABC etc, aren't really as left leaning as MSNBC, they more or less just peddle fluff..thats where people get their kim Kardashian fix.

If you've ever watched Fox news or listened to talk radio you would really know who the most divisive people are. Let me know if you need a list of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Lurker1

Hm. Really?
So that’s what y’all believe?

Wow.

I’m more in the “ Everything Trump Touches Dies” category. I give him zero passes at this point. I had hoped it wouldn’t be this crazy bad but my gut was right. And the economy is headed for a major crisis.

If he turns out to be a money- laundering mobster-type does he still get a pass from his supporters? If he turns out to be Putin’s pet? Then?

Turns out? There is no doubt Trump is owned by Putin. Trump tweeted the Russian claim that they did interfere in the US election when it is clear they worked for Trump.

All Trump lacks is a Ushanka.

(You know and I know that he is, but most here at ATS do not. As we witness the GOP try to shut down the investigation, I can only marvel at the “why” of that. It’s as if they are personally afraid. 😉 )

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join