It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. Nazis that espouse genocide are forced to cancel events due to threats of violence and it's considered a national tragedy. Meanwhile a black woman that encourages standing up to the government is forced to cancel events due to threats of violence and it's a good thing.

ATS, I know you keep saying you're not racist but it's definitely getting harder and harder to believe you.
edit on 6/29/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Point being, nobody is confirming she is even getting any threats.

More likely she's got a problem with hitting that reporter the other day.

Bet there's charges being "filed".

😁

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
apparently confronting people you don't like works both ways.

somebody didn't think that one through...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: xuenchen

The wingnut Brainfart readers are known murderers. Given the extreme uncontrollable violance of rhe right which is stoked by violant tweets from das Trump, it is only prudent Waters uses caution.

You’re the only one here coming across as violent or hateful. Look at your rhetoric ...........

Care to back up your claims w some facts ........
edit on 6/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah! Grab the rope boys!! That woman said something uppity!!
This here is the age of civility, dang man it! Can’t have no wimmins saying mean stuff! That’s reserved for the GD President, amiright?

😐

Seriously dudes.
Death threats don’t phase anyone here because she “deserves” it? Really? You wanna see her hung up with all the Strange Fruit of lynchings-past??

I don’t condone harassment of Trump Cabinet members or supporters, neither do I condone killing someone or threatening to kill someone because they said something I don’t like. Ms Waters actual (unwise) words were spun far beyond their original meaning and now the reaction to is is spiraling into verbal violence and mob mentality rumblings of “ yeah she deserves it!”

Trump killed civility. He called it Political Correctness and made it out to be a bad thing. Now we have this. It’s ugly and will bite us all in the end. But all his foul- mouthed and violence-inciting rhetoric is forgiven, right? Cause that’s how bullying works. Pick on people until they react and then pound them harder for reacting, then rinse and repeat.

Meanwhile, the country is on a slow slide off a very steep cliff. And as we go, so goes the Western World.

We should all start learning Chinese and Russian to get ahead of the curve.

Whatever.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

"North Korean better Language to Learn"

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, Ms. Waters made her comments on Saturday. CNN reported the news Monday afternoon. Thursday evening CNN is reporting that she got a death threat in the mail. Assume the person wrote the letter Monday night, mailed it Tuesday morning, and give it a day to get through whoever screens congressional mail.

That's some damn fine mail service!

Priority Mail: when your death threat to your congressman absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Nah. Mr Un still bows to China.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

We should enjoy the hiatus from her big, ugly mouth.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

We should enjoy the hiatus from her big, ugly mouth.

Can we have a hiatus from POTUS’s?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sounds like it came from her office then.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Has Waters accomplished even a fraction of our presidential big mouth's agenda?

No.

He gets a major-league pass for being the most effective president in US history.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Hm. Really?
So that’s what y’all believe?

Wow.

I’m more in the “ Everything Trump Touches Dies” category. I give him zero passes at this point. I had hoped it wouldn’t be this crazy bad but my gut was right. And the economy is headed for a major crisis.

If he turns out to be a money- laundering mobster-type does he still get a pass from his supporters? If he turns out to be Putin’s pet? Then?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah death does come to us all.

Why would she be in jail?
Being a Democrat isn't a crime no matter what the idiot in chief thinks. He's pollution.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So you don't think Obama suffered from the same lack of civility? You think Trump is responsible?

This is the problem right here. People have become so entrenched in their political opinions that all reason and balance go out of the window. History shows us that when this happens, things have a nasty habit of spiralling downwards.

Eta:
Sorry that was a response to Aboveboard.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sounds like it came from her office then.

Or her Daughter's (Karen Waters) PR Company.

💥Sun💥Burn💥

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It takes a special level of depravity to be trump like. Most humans fall way short.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You're quitting?
edit on 6292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Lurker1

Hm. Really?
So that’s what y’all believe?

Wow.

I’m more in the “ Everything Trump Touches Dies” category. I give him zero passes at this point. I had hoped it wouldn’t be this crazy bad but my gut was right. And the economy is headed for a major crisis.

If he turns out to be a money- laundering mobster-type does he still get a pass from his supporters? If he turns out to be Putin’s pet? Then?

Turns out? There is no doubt Trump is owned by Putin. Trump tweeted the Russian claim that they did interfere in the US election when it is clear they worked for Trump.

All Trump lacks is a Ushanka.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

She's smarter than trump and you know that's true. Women especially black women...Work twice as hard to get half as far.

Go find her tweets full of misspellings or her speeches where she doesn't have a clue about history or law or the constitution or how government works. Lol. You're funny. Completely wrong but funny . Selective memories of trump supporters are hysterically funny.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join