It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: DexterRiley

Of she had such a poor family how did she become a millionaire? I know congressman dont make millions either. HER YEARLY SALARY IS 170000.00 Where did all her wealth come from i wonder. The other thing i never got is she kept her first husbands name even after re marrying. I always thought that was strange.

I think most all of the members of Congress are millionaires. If I'm not mistaken, Bernie Sanders is one of the few that's not.

-dex

Yeah but not all of them were caught cheating l like she was.
articles.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, we can continue... 90% of communication is non-verbal, and 90% of nonverbal communication is inflective... so the Internet becomes a quite impersonal and easily misunderstood medium at times. One of the reasons I resist texting in favor of speaking as much as practical.

I try to avoid miscommunication by being overly verbose. But, perhaps my wordiness introduces other issues that lead to even more misunderstanding than it should.

I've learned a few things from you in our discussions here and integrated those points into my own perspective. I wish everyone on ATS was as informed as you are, and capable of respectful interchange of ideas.

Regards,
-dex

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I've learned a few things from you in our discussions here and integrated those points into my own perspective.

Thank you, sincerely. That just made my day.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hey man I don’t want you to stop debating. I actually believe you are very good at it and would love to see that continue.
Thanks. I made an offhand statement early in the thread, and I got stuck trying to support my assertion. Now that I've licked my wounds, and they're beginning to heal, I realize that this feels like having to support a strawman argument in a debate class. It definitely wasn't my intention of getting this deep into it.

I do not believe you are a racist but with zero context a certain comment could be taken the wrong way. Not your fault just a lack of context thanks to keyboards.
I hope it is the lack of context! I'm not racist, but I believe that I'm in a position to understand the concept from multiple perspectives. I look white, but I was raised in a family where the only relatives I knew where black. On the other hand, because of certain interests and skills I had, I was invited to join the Klan in the mid 1980's.

Maxine has done some great work in her days and is a fierce opponent to those that want to battle her. She is a strong woman and has battled as best as many could even hope of doing. Now she may be a little crazy these days but damnit she earned everything she has.

I may not like her but she will always have my gratitude. Hands down
You said in 4 sentences what it has taken me to say in 4 pages! I'm going to let you handle these folks from now on. You're more direct and succinct that I am.

Thanks,
-dex

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: xuenchen

Maxine has a PO Box in Texas now? (in other words, she's talking out of her ass in an effort to make herself some sort of victim here.)

You pegged that one really good, she is trying to say she is a victim. That seems to be what people do nowadays, they bash others and play the victim card when anyone challenges them. Hillary did that a lot. Trump even seems to exhibit that trait. But Trump is being bashed with a lot of twisted media and statements, but not always, he does put his foot in his mouth enough without the help of others twisting the meaning of his words.

Some people seem to be attacking Pence's wife's selection of clothes for a meating with some royal people, haven't these people got something better to do than bash someone's choice of what to wear?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I look white, but I was raised in a family where the only relatives I knew where black.

I will admit, that sounds like it would give you an interesting perspective. Some day, I'd like to discuss that with you.

On the other hand, because of certain interests and skills I had, I was invited to join the Klan in the mid 1980's.

They must have been having a membership drive. That's about the same time frame I was asked to join... twice!

My answer was that I didn't need anyone's help to hate folk, but they were welcome to apply to join me. The guys that invited me didn't seem very happy with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The fact that U.S. House leader Nancy Pelosi, is not asking Waters to step down, is really dragging the party into extinction. Watching two California Congresswomen be so dysfunctional, is worthy of a psychological study. This is a brand new mental illness we're witnessing!

Who the hell expects Pelosi to ask Mad Max to step down??? Pelosi is part of the problem... old, out of touch career politicians.

Pelosi will do nothing of the sort!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Maxine must have believed the fake news media and thought that she and those that think like her are the majority.

I'm glad she is finding out that is not true and she is getting the same treatment she was requesting for others.

edit on 29-6-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The wingnut Brainfart readers are known murderers. Given the extreme uncontrollable violance of rhe right which is stoked by violant tweets from das Trump, it is only prudent Waters uses caution.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: highvein
I think it is the look over here game. I know it is fun to make fun of politicians being dumb, but hey they did make it to D.C. they can't be that dumb. Something else is in the works I think.

Desperate "Custer's Last Stand" Jealous Democrati PR firms.

⚖💥Sun💥Burn💥⚖

Yeah it's possible. Maybe she has went off the deep end.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Trump has no loyalty to anyone. He has shown this time and time again. Today, it's Maxine Waters. Tomorrow, it could be you. This bully behavior of Trump shouldn't be applauded.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes the right wingers need stopped. They are unhinged and violent. Modern day nazis one and all including you. a reply to: xuenchen

edit on 29-6-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

This bully behavior of Trump shouldn't be applauded.

How about saluted?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

He went off the rails a few times...it was great! You can tell he enjoys them to the max...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Calling someone out for being an arsehole is not bullying.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

We don't bite much. You're doing fine. Just have better sources to back up facts. Opinions are fine.

TBH you debate better than tons of people here.
edit on 29-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Yes the right wingers need stopped. They are unhinged and violent. Modern day nazis one and all including you. a reply to: xuenchen

By any means necessary.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

Why the hell are you letting Nazis run our country then? Take up arms and defeat them.

...Am I going to see you in national headlines for your actions?

Good Lord.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join