It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: xuenchen

Sadly, when she decides to retire it's with all the amenities most of us would love to have.
Pension, health care, etc. for life.

I appreciate she has served for the public for a long time. But I would prefer she gets the same benefits we all get.

She'll soon be mopping floors at Arby's.

Right.

She's done all she came to do:
www.opensecrets.org...

And this ...

Net Worth - $5 million

💥😲💥

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The fact that U.S. House leader Nancy Pelosi, is not asking Waters to step down, is really dragging the party into extinction. Watching two California Congresswomen be so dysfunctional, is worthy of a psychological study. This is a brand new mental illness we're witnessing!

It's beautiful isn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

they are actually perfect representatives of California politics

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: DexterRiley

originally posted by: angeldoll
Sorry Maxine, but you have lost the respect of.... everyone, and this is something that can't be undone.

Time to go home.

Yep. What the hell was she thinking?

Piss poor way to end an honorable career.

-dex

Ok I have to ask, what honorable things has she done while in office?

I don't have time to research everything she may have done that was honorable. But this is one thing I approve of:

Waters co-sponsored the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act
ontheissues.org
I'm sure I can find other issues on which I agree with her.

However, I'm extremely disappointed she got involved in a sorry campaign like this. This kind of behavior is not acceptable from either partisan extreme.

-dex

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I wonder how that would look on a normal job application ?
If that is all she has done....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Getting serious folks.

According to Maxine Waters, she has been getting too many threats.

And she is cancelling "events" too.

Oh well.

But she still attacks Trump !!!!! 🤦

(CNN)Rep. Maxine Waters said Thursday she's seen an increase in threats since she made controversial comments last week encouraging protesters to heckle and harass members of Trump's Cabinet in public spaces.

The California Democrat canceled two scheduled appearances in Alabama and Texas this weekend after saying she got threatening messages and "hostile mail" at her office, including "one very serious death threat" on Monday from an individual in Texas.

"As the President has continued to lie and falsely claim that I encouraged people to assault his supporters, while also offering a veiled threat that I should 'be careful', even more individuals are leaving (threatening) messages and sending hostile mail to my office," she said in a statement.

With the way you have worded this OP and going off your weird past logic, you seem to be supportive of her receiving threats. You are only doing this to help pass a false narrative. You are clearly a shill which should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So she can dish it out, but can't take it.

She's a pathetic loser. She should write a book and go on the Blame Trump Tour 2018 with Cankles.

Nothing else needs to be said other than I hope they catch the guy and he gets some help.

Is this the first of many?

We've seen some extreme hatred of late, wonder how much longer this will continue.

ATS

Funny, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I may not like her but she does have some very impressive career highlights. If you can not think of any than you should probably not be voting. Leave that to the educated individuals.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Maxine's $5 Mil. "net worth" is only what she reports. Imagine all the honeypots she has at banks all over the world, with Trusts as the owner. Her wig is an ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHED James Brown recreation from 1968. It's worth a ton of $$$.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I wonder how that would look on a normal job application ?
If that is all she has done....

LOL. Okay, you got me on that one.

-dex

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Getting serious folks.

Oh well.

(CNN)Rep. Maxine Waters said Thursday she's seen an increase in threats since she made controversial comments last week encouraging protesters to heckle and harass members of Trump's Cabinet in public spaces.

The California Democrat canceled two scheduled appearances in Alabama and Texas this weekend after saying she got threatening messages and "hostile mail" at her office, including "one very serious death threat" on Monday from an individual in Texas.

"As the President has continued to lie and falsely claim that I encouraged people to assault his supporters, while also offering a veiled threat that I should 'be careful', even more individuals are leaving (threatening) messages and sending hostile mail to my office," she said in a statement.

With the way you have worded this OP and going off your weird past logic, you seem to be supportive of her receiving threats. You are only doing this to help pass a false narrative. You are clearly a shill which should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

There you go again...pumping Xuenchen up. He's now going to double his production tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Getting serious folks.

Oh well.

There you go again...pumping Xuenchen up. He's now going to double his production tomorrow.

F me....I didn’t think about that.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I just came to chuckle.

REAP WHAT YOU SOW #.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

This kind of behavior is not acceptable from either partisan extreme.

And if she sponsored that bill, I've found something upon which we can agree. I think she might benefit by utilizing the herb to chill. Urging people to go out and harass families just isn't a good vibe at all.

ETA: I'd be proud as punch if my name was on a bill that helped people find relief from suffering without fear of going to jail. You betcha!
edit on 28-6-2018 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It just occurred to me that most of the threats she's getting are coming from Democrats, who realize how she's really damaging the party. Not as much as Pelosi does, but bad enough.

Hopefully, most Republicans see Mad Maxine as a GIFT. I sure do.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maxine Waters will go down in history as the most inept excuse for a politician that ever graced the halls of Congress. And that's saying something, as she has to contend with the likes of Sen. Joseph McCarthy.

The threats are not what we need in politics... but she has been the driving force behind threatening politicians. I can condemn the threats, but I cannot exonerate Mad Maxine. She is reaping what she sowed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: angeldoll
Sorry Maxine, but you have lost the respect of.... everyone, and this is something that can't be undone.

Time to go home.

Yep. What the hell was she thinking?

Piss poor way to end an honorable career.

-dex

Ok I have to ask, what honorable things has she done while in office?

I don't have time to research everything she may have done that was honorable. But this is one thing I approve of:

ontheissues.org
I'm sure I can find other issues on which I agree with her.

However, I'm extremely disappointed she got involved in a sorry campaign like this. This kind of behavior is not acceptable from either partisan extreme.

-dex

You were the one touting her credentials and that's all you could come up with?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Why ?
You have stated nothing of worth of Maxine Waters.
Perhaps my ability to think and reason for myself is what upset you in the first place ?
Educated folks vote yes.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh Maxine Maxine.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

No sympathy from me.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I think she might benefit by utilizing the herb to chill.

Yep. A nice sticky Indica and box full of Tyler Perry DVDs would be my prescription for her.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join