It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem congresswoman among anti-Trump protesters arrested inside Capitol office building

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The tea party had run Paul
Who is going to lead these very angry dems?

A lack of actual leadership will destroy the dnc.
I would wager most card carrying dems do not want to eliminate ice.
If Bernie would get off his ass he could run the show and make Congress fix immigration.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The corporate interests are the masters of both parties.

Movements like Occupy are bread-and-circuses, I'm sad to say.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: angeldoll

How about building the wall then setting ICE and Judges up just inside the Mexican border, like an agreed neutral zone, where all processing takes place in real time right there and then in facilities endorsed by Human Rights folks - this way families stay together and the influx of non-citizens is controlled? Surely it couldn't be more expensive than the current fiasco?

If they can't get into the US, they can always apply for asylum in Mexico. See how that turns out?

Hahahahha.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If Bernie would get off his ass he could run the show and make Congress fix immigration.

hhahahah...Bernie's not going to DO anything. He's kicked back enjoying his newfound million$ and lake house. He got his orders and knows what to do, or I should say, to NOT do.

edit on 28-6-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I disagree. Protecting the right of families is a worthy cause.

You think they didn't know why they were there? Oh dear. You really are blinded by the light.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are there no dem leaders with actual conviction?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Americans Do Not Support Sanctuary Cities: 84% of Voters Want Illegal Aliens Turned Over to Authorities

www.thegatewaypundit.com...[editby ]edit on 28-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: pavil

The corporate interests are the masters of both parties.

Movements like Occupy are bread-and-circuses, I'm sad to say.

I'd agree but Occupy had some Ron Paul Libertarians. Too bad the hipsters banging on pails, having their group chants and votes were the media darlings. That and the great people who shat on the street.

Have you ever seen the Peter Schiff YT video where he goes to talk to occupy? It's long but it well worth looking at. The Tea Party and Occupy had some common ground. I think that scared BOTH parties.
edit on 28-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oddly very appropriate in this day and age....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll a reply to: strongfp

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

The major majority of Americans do not want our country invaded any longer. THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS DO NOT WANT WHAT YA WANT! And Thank God! A red wave is coming prepare to be consumed. PS I guess 84% of American are racist right?

edit on 28-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Lots of people in wild frenzies about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

💥ICE !!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Gothmog
The only fault I find ?
How in HADES does a Congressperson not know you cannot protest in ANY building , much less a State or Federal Government building ?
Lord help us all if this is the types of folks being elected.

Sometimes it doesn't matter. Getting arrested for ... what ... standing in the wrong place? doesn't bother some folks when they are standing up for something they believe in.

Why does everything always have to be turned into an insult?

What was the insult ?

Getting arrested for some BS protest does not count as a protest.
I think I have a reasonable knowledge of what to protest , what not to protest , and WHERE and HOW you can protest.

Yes , "Standing in the wrong place" can get a person arrested.
Why ?
Because "it is the wrong place"
You get the meaning of the word "wrong" , yes ?

Spoiler Alert - one of the synonyms for the word "wrong" is the word "illegal"

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

The tea party had run Paul
Who is going to lead these very angry dems?

A lack of actual leadership will destroy the dnc.
I would wager most card carrying dems do not want to eliminate ice.

WTF?

What credibility does bernie have after bending over for HRC??

This is bigger than just immigration anyway. Bernie’s 15 is up!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't think we are communicating very well. Of course they knew why they were there. That has nothing at all to do with my point which is about protest in general.

You think acting the fool for what you say is an important cause, serves that cause well? I disagree. It cheapens it and turns it into a stunt.

I'd hoped for a deeper conversation but we will have to agree to disagree. When argument is replaced with "you are really blinded" I'm done. Thanks for the conversation. You want conflict, I'm not a mud flinger, so I'll move on.
edit on 6/28/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim.

--- Maya Angelou

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: queenofswords

Are there no dem leaders with actual conviction?

Hopefully a LOT of them will be convicted soon. It's going to be a hot Summer for some I think.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I don't think we are communicating very well. Of course they knew why they were there. That has nothing at all to do with my point which is about protest in general.

You think acting the fool for what you say is an important cause, serves that cause well? I disagree. It cheapens it and turns it into a stunt.

I'd hoped for a deeper conversation but we will have to agree to disagree. When argument is replaced with "you are really blinded" I'm done. Thanks for the conversation. You want conflict, I'm not a mud flinger, so I'll move on.

CNN covered the protest extensively today until the shooting in Maryland took precedence. Many pictures of the crowd, and most of them looked like middle class women, some brown, some black, but the vast majority were white, appearing to be anywhere from 30-60, to give you an idea of how they appeared. They didn't look like fools, nor were they frivolous. They gave no impression whatsoever of 'acting the fool", as you say. They were on a mission they considered important, as do I, although clearly you do not, and that is your prerogative. If you believe that a question about why they had been there would be met with a "blank stare", which I found infinitely insulting to all women.

I remarked that you "were blinded by the light", in that you appear willing to write the protest off as frivolous, and minimize the event. Not sure why. I would not personally make a comparison with it to college protests, or the seventies 'sit-ins" or whatever. Those did tend to have often insignificant goals in view, whereas this one did not.
This one pertained to a very serious matter, attended mostly by mothers, who understand the trauma of children and parents being separated in another country, against their will, and perhaps wanting to make an impact with those who set this illegal policy in action, in hopes of getting an important point across.

Protesting is one of the few ways, other than voting and litigation, that people can make their thoughts known.

Still, I applaud them, and admire their beliefs and efforts in voicing their opposition to an unfair and cruel policy created by this administration.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Did CNN show the 575 arrests ?

Especially the U.S. Congresswoman.

😎

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

unfair and cruel policy created by this administration.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Did CNN show the 575 arrests ?

Especially the U.S. Congresswoman.

😎

Actually Zoo, the police were moving in on them (very gently, and the women were very unstressed and cool about it) and they all had their hands in the air, when they interrupted it for "breaking news", or the shooting news. So, yes and no, I guess.

You would have loved it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join