It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem congresswoman among anti-Trump protesters arrested inside Capitol office building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: angeldoll
I am so proud of those women today, protesting the separation of children from their parents. There is a time to be silent and let things go. This is not one of those times, as the court has shown. We have to stand up for what is right, even in the face of ridicule.

So would you eliminate ICE angeldoll?

Nope. ICE is just following instructions. It's the 'instructions" I have issues with.
edit on 6/28/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Gryphon66

If that is the case they sure dont understand feasibility, and have no clue how to obtain and maintain my wants, which puts them at odds with our countries ability to do so.

I hear you. Of course, there are 320 million others here, and many of them don't agree with your take on it, eh?

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Leftists, Democrats, liberals and Progressives are still Americans even though some of you don't agree with their politics.

They have jobs and families and want the same things you do. Most of their beliefs are not that far away from yours.

Do you advocate eliminating ice?

Yes, but only in the winter or if I'm chilly.
I just don't understand iced coffee in the winter, doesn't make sense to me.

Oh you mean, the brownshirts?
Yeah, they love their job, that's all I can say.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: xuenchen

So now we know how far the left is willing to go to promote open borders and lawlessness.

By being arrested themselves.

I am surprised they haven't just shot Republicans, like the congressional baseball game last year.

Thier KKK roots are starting to show.

For those of you confused by that comment, the KKK lynched over 1,200 white people as well.

They were not killing blacks. They were killing Republicans .

But but but the democrats and republicans switch sides when the unicorns started jumping over the rainbows to hang out with lucifer!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I just had my divorce finalized and it is mostly over this crap. She all of a sudden decided to become a yoga teacher, quit her job, dyed her hair purple and proceeded to tell me that this was her new reality and I am a bully. Trust me....it is REALLY strange. It's like there's something in the water.
I can not help but laugh and cry at the same time and offer a bit of scripture to consider . We wrestle not agains flesh and blood but against principalities in high places . Oh and purple is my fav. color btw just saying

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You chose Trump over her???

edit on 28-6-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

These people are still throwing a tantrum over losing the 2016 election.

You'd figure that any political party with common sense leadership would attempt to regroup, formulate policies to run on in the next election and try to reach out to the average, blue collar working class voter... instead of calling for violence against law enforcement and opposition leaders.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

They have jobs and families and want the same things you do. Most of their beliefs are not that far away from yours.
I guess that is true but there is a difference of the ends justifying the means where the big divide is . fix that and you solved the problem .

Actually, there's not some "big divide" except as pummelled into us day after day by the extremist media. Before compromise became a bad word about 2008 or so ... we all used to get some of what we wanted at the national level.

Now, it's all or nothing, and if you got something while "your party" was in power, we're going to take it away now that "our party" is in power.

We all work for the good of all of us ... out of many, one.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: burdman30ott6

These people are still throwing a tantrum over losing the 2016 election.

You'd figure that any political party with common sense leadership would attempt to regroup, formulate policies to run on in the next election and try to reach out to the average, blue collar working class voter... instead of calling for violence against law enforcement and opposition leaders.

Are they though? It seems to me that most of the rhetoric about "losing the election" comes from the right prong of the extremist media.

These folks are exercising their Constitutional rights. If they step over the boundary, they get arrested.

What's the problem?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You know, I'm proud of any American who engages in peaceful, lawful protest.

This was not that. They knew in advance that they could protest all they want to outside the building and nobody would stop them, so what do they do, they decide to invade the building, act like juveniles and even let a politician use it for a campaign stunt.

My problem is that even if you agree with them, which I do not, people lessen their value to the debate by acting like out of control teenagers. But perhaps my idea that most adults are adults is wrong entirely and I never realized most people are adolescent minded.

Do it the right way, they have power. Do it this way, people just shake their head at them. Unless of course they are young people, to young to know better.

When I was involved with the peace protests in the early 70's I acted the fool. Blocked doors and other adolescent silliness. Now of course, being adult I know we were wrong and going about things the wrong way. It's easy to excuse the very young, but for an actual elected to high office official to act that way speaks volumes about their character and maturity level. Either that or she thinks all her constituents are the same way, which I highly doubt.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

As is their right in a "free" country that is somehow so hateful and authoritarian.

Besides what's that have to do with the world only having so many resources and others countries fighting to gain power. If the world was a peaceful place and there was a great compromise their initiatives might not be unreasonable or unfeasible, however that damned reality gets in the way.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

You chose Trump over her???

I believe it is more similar to her having a midlife crisis with a heaping dose of feminism and lack of understanding her choices and their outcomes.

I have no doubt it will eventually hit her like a brick wall.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I am so proud of those women today, protesting the separation of children from their parents. There is a time to be silent and let things go. This is not one of those times, as the court has shown. We have to stand up for what is right, even in the face of ridicule.

So would you eliminate ICE angeldoll?

Nope. ICE is just following instructions. It's the 'instructions" I have issues with.

Then why support people who do want to eliminate ICE?

So now parents and children who enter illegally will be put together again.

You should be happy, yet you aren't I take it.

What instructions would you Give ICE in regards to families entering our Country illegally?

I'd like to hear your solution.
edit on 28-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

RESIST the actions of the extreme ends against the majority middle.

I like that, Gryp.

link   
The only fault I find ?
How in HADES does a Congressperson not know you cannot protest in ANY building , much less a State or Federal Government building ?
What would Maxine do ?

Lord help us all if this is the types of folks being elected.

edit on 6/28/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheLead

I don't have time or the space to adequately treat your questions of limited world resources and the quest for peace, sorry.

As to "their initiatives" that aren't feasible, I'll be glad to respond briefly to specifics.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

Deeper that that. They didn't just lose the election, they're close to losing it all. Believe it or not I feel a little for the moderate and average Democrat. They're sitting there watching their party self destruct under the crushing weight of an avalanche of leftist extremists. They lost Congress, they lost the presidency, they lost Obama's legacy, they just lost any hope of the SCOTUS, and the economic news and issues like North Korea will cost them the midterms. That's a lot of pain in a short time.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You know, sir, I doubt very seriously if you want to hear my solutions. I've given them on other threads if you care to look.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I just had my divorce finalized and it is mostly over this crap. She all of a sudden decided to become a yoga teacher, quit her job, dyed her hair purple and proceeded to tell me that this was her new reality and I am a bully. Trust me....it is REALLY strange. It's like there's something in the water.
I can not help but laugh and cry at the same time and offer a bit of scripture to consider . We wrestle not agains flesh and blood but against principalities in high places . Oh and purple is my fav. color btw just saying

I dont have any issue with dyed hair at all. I liked it. It just happened to be done at the same time as all the other stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The only fault I find ?
How in HADES does a Congressperson not know you cannot protest in ANY building , much less a State or Federal Government building ?
Lord help us all if this is the types of folks being elected.

Sometimes it doesn't matter. Getting arrested for ... what ... standing in the wrong place? doesn't bother some folks when they are standing up for something they believe in.

Why does everything always have to be turned into an insult?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join