It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook posts pedophile acceptance survey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

My apologies

The story is indeed true although I still struggle to believe it. I can't imagine the scenario where the FB survey team came up with the idea and it somehow got the go-ahead. It presumably went through line-managers, copy writers etc.

Facebook’s vice president of product, Guy Rosen, said the surveys were “a mistake”.

“We run surveys to understand how the community thinks about how we set policies,” he said. “But this kind of activity is and will always be completely unacceptable on FB. We regularly work with authorities if identified. It shouldn’t have been part of this survey. That was a mistake.”

In a statement, a Facebook spokesperson added: “We understand this survey refers to offensive content that is already prohibited on Facebook and that we have no intention of allowing so have stopped the survey.

“We have prohibited child grooming on Facebook since our earliest days; we have no intention of changing this and we regularly work with the police to ensure that anyone found acting in such a way is brought to justice.”
The Guardian - Facebook asks users: should we allow men to ask children for sexual images?

It's also curious that they asked only about girls. No women either. Apparently FB's survey team have forgotten about adult female predators and young boys as victims.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

What is wrong with these people. how sick. the ways of this world make me ill.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carmen013069

I have a hard time even reading this stuff, this world makes me ill too, I'm sick of this sh#t..

edit on 1-7-2018 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
repeat

edit on 1-7-2018 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Could the slope really have been that slippery? Combine this with the TEDx talk about how pedo is a normal orientation. Add in the "toddlers understand consent" video and it becomes clear that there is a major agenda at play here.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Did Mexico lower its age of consent to 12 this week?!?!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

of course all of that only matters if you actually give a # about the society you live in and the ideals they assign to!

if you lived in china and the government down voted you , it literally means nothing ! if you dont care about their system in the first place!

but of course it means when you are down voted no one will trade with you or # like that!

socially outcast

edit on 2-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What is wrong with this world

Can the aliens take me away already?
Blah..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Because it a family and users interact with all generations eg photos foods etc I see it as just a temporary hiccup.

People are lazy and take the path of least resistance. New young ones will come in, oblivious to privacy concerns.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The Chinese can already down-vote a citizen into social isolation. So much power and influence in the wrong hands could see dissenters rounded up and social movements routinely suppressed. Worse still is how many people are quick with the patriot versus unAmerican BS which fuels moral panics and gets used against the citizenry.

Pretty scary - when people also become self-censoring

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Could the slope really have been that slippery? Combine this with the TEDx talk about how pedo is a normal orientation. Add in the "toddlers understand consent" video and it becomes clear that there is a major agenda at play here.

This topic brought to mind the recent Disney movie that had the character played by George Clooney in love with what looked like a 12 year old, called Athena, think it was called Tomorrowland, they pulled a thousand year dragon like excuse but still.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The “slippery slope” in regard to these issues has never been a fallacy; rather, the term has been thrown about by leftists as a straw man against a sound argument, namely: firstly, the arguments used to normalise now accepted forms of sexual deviance and cast them as morally acceptable, when followed through to their logical conclusion, must rationally lead to the acceptance of paedophilia, bestiality, etc. as “orientations”; secondly, that by removing certain moral prohibitions along with the basis for them, the leap to the removal of prohibitions against even more aberrant behaviours becomes just a step.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theosist
The “slippery slope” in regard to these issues has never been a fallacy; rather, the term has been thrown about by leftists as a straw man against a sound argument, namely: firstly, the arguments used to normalise now accepted forms of sexual deviance and cast them as morally acceptable, when followed through to their logical conclusion, must rationally lead to the acceptance of paedophilia, bestiality, etc. as “orientations”; secondly, that by removing certain moral prohibitions along with the basis for them, the leap to the removal of prohibitions against even more aberrant behaviours becomes just a step.

What I hear is take a kid to a strip club and you'll be brutally chastised socially. Take them to a gay pride parade where they will see far worse, including in terms of nudity and movements, or so I hear, and society at large will be proud of you as a parent.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join