It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE whistleblower gets visit from Feds in the middle of CBS interview.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
CBS News interview with ICE whistleblower interrupted by surprise visit from government agents.

In his first television interview, former Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesperson James Schwab has opened up about why he abruptly resigned in March.

But his interview with CBS News' Jamie Yuccas on Wednesday was unexpectedly interrupted by agents identifying themselves as agents from the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General's Office.

Am I reading this correctly?

Hes in the middle of an interview with CBS and coincidentally Federal agents arrive at his doorstep...

Would it be unreasonable to assume that theyre monitoring his activities?

Sounds like typical government intimidation and scare tactics.

Some have said that his grievances stem from the fact that hes a registered Democrat.

However, he has said on record that the Obama administration also asked him to lie:

Before the surprise visit, Schwab told Yuccas that both the Obama and Trump White Houses asked him to "spin" information.

edit on 28-6-2018 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If Democrats get their way ice will be totally disbanded.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

However, he has said on record that the Obama administration also asked him to lie:

So only now this person grew a pair?
Sigh...

His credibility is now in question...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I get your point, that Dems allegedly dont want any enforcement of the border or illegal aliens.

But the libertarian side of me would love the disbanding/downsizing of ANY government agency or department.

PLEASE downsize this massive bureaucracy.

Tough decision for Dems, they apparently hate ICE but love big government.

edit on 28-6-2018 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Sigh...

I have to agree. Was he the spokesman of ICE when they were doing all the catch and release foolishness? Seems to be a leftover from the former regime.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sounds like typical government intimidation and scare tactics.

You know , they could have charges totally unrelated , right ?
Where does any enforcement agencies try and make the arrests ?
Answer : anywhere they feel no life will be in danger , and the perp has very little chance of "exiting stage right".
Good place : TV Interview ( recorded on set)

Just sayin

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I get your point, that Dems allegedly dont want any enforcement of the border or illegal aliens.

Is that actually correct though?

The same could be said about the right and the FBI, they want what they believe is corruption within it gone. That could be construed as them wanting the whole FBI gone and not wanting the enforcement of federal crimes as well, right?

What I'm trying to say, is that they want policy changes within ICE, same as the right want changes within the FBI.

Wanting it gone completely is absurd. (I'm sure some do, but not the majority)

edit on 28/6/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Don't be riduculous. You say the weirdest hyperbolic things. Where did you ever get this idea?Or The idea that democrats want open borders? It's simply not true on any level.
Hint ... Trump lies and makes up stuff all the time. Don't believe anything he says and fact check everything when you can.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Don't be riduculous. You say the weirdest hyperbolic things. Where did you ever get this idea?Or The idea that democrats want open borders? It's simply not true on any level.
Hint ... Trump lies and makes up stuff all the time. Don't believe anything he says and fact check everything when you can.

Well to be fair, Hillary did say that she wanted open boarders from Canada to Brazil (or was it the other way around), and since then I haven't heard a Democrat say anything to the contrary.

edit on 29-6-2018 by Guyfriday because: Removed a wierd typo

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Sigh...

No. What he said was both this and the prior administrations had him 'spin' information. He was quitting because this was the first time had had been ordered to support an outright lie.
So, we might look at your comments and ask ourselves if they are spin or falsehood?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've been thinking.

Who would benefit the most from the eradication of ICE?

The drug cartels and gangs like MS-13.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Theoretically securing the borders would allow for massive reductions of ICE personnel.

top topics

join