It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giraffe and a Dunk Tank Could Thwart ‘Unite the Right’ Rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Last August, white supremacists stood in a Charlottesville, Virginia park chanting “you will not replace us.” This year they might be replaced by a giraffe and a dunk tank.

Organizers of last year’s deadly ‘Unite the Right’ rally are attempting to host an anniversary event in Charlottesville. So far, the city has denied an application to host the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville’s Emancipation Park on August 11 and 12. Jason Kessler, one of the event’s lead organizers is suing the city to overturn the decision. But now Kessler has more competition, this time in the form of a petting zoo, Charlottesville’s Daily Progress first reported. A Charlottesville local has filed a permit for a family-friendly extravaganza that takes place in the same park, on the same two days as the would-be ‘Unite the Right’ sequel.

Justin Beights, a Charlottesville businessman who filed the application, says the timing didn’t occur to him.

Source

So in a completely crass move UTR organizer and white supremacist Jason Kessler is trying to hold another UTR rally in Charlottesville on the anniversary of the last fatal rally. So far the city of Charlottesville have denied his application.

Unfortunately for him someone else has "accidentally" tried to reserve the same space for the same day. Instead of Nazis and white supremacists however, this festival will have a dunk tank and a giraffe.

Sadly the UTR rally will still go on this year. As of right now they are tentatively scheduled to have a space directly across from the White House.

At least it looks like Charlottesville will be spared the horror of another one of their rallies in favor of something much more wholesome.
edit on 6/28/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

as long as the animals don't get all political or there aren't any racists one's I guess this is a win.
But they need to be watched closely. One goat with a tiki torch and I say "
SHUT THEM DOWN!!!"

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

as long as the animals don't get all political or there aren't any racists one's I guess this is a win.
SHUT THEM DOWN!!!"

Not one for free speech are ya? Never knew tiki torches were racist.

Who we gonna shut down next??? No mention by the OP of Antifa showing up stirring the pot......

]]]]]]

edit on 28-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"There were very fine goats on both sides."

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Zoos will not replace us!
Zoos will not replace us!
Torches optional.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OH noooo a bunch of those evil white men exercising their first amendment right... clearly they are racist, you can tell by the color of their skin.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

A Charlottesville local has filed a permit for a family-friendly extravaganza that takes place in the same park, on the same two days as the would-be ‘Unite the Right’ sequel.

even if it was no accidental

if two people apply for a permit on the same day 1 of them is not going to get it

that means they were # down?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Considering the trauma that city went through last year I think they're well within their right to stop a similar event from happening this year.

It's worth noting that the city has also denied applications from Leftist groups trying to block the UTR people.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

A Charlottesville local has filed a permit for a family-friendly extravaganza that takes place in the same park, on the same two days as the would-be ‘Unite the Right’ sequel.

even if it was no accidental

if two people apply for a permit on the same day 1 of them is not going to get it

that means they were # down?

It was a peaceful protest until Antifa was bussed in. I watched it all live. Why people want to stifle those who speak ignorance to go underground is beyond me! Hell, I support Antifa's right to speak freely!

What I don't support are people who claim free speech is hate speech and feel that it gives them the right to silence those they disagree with thru the use of violence!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

It was organized a bunch of Nazis and white supremacist groups. Even other far Right groups that aren't racist spoke out against it. There was a violent KKK rally composed of many of the attendees the night before.

Yes they were racist. Anyone denying that is either an idiot or agrees with them.

ETA: You may have watched it live but I know plenty of people that were down there. Some of whom were more feet away from being plowed down by a terrorist in a car. I was down the following weekend. The sentiment I got from those that were there and my own visit was, "Nazi punks f*** off!"
edit on 6/28/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

cool

but what about the question?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Many of the UTR attendees invaded the UVA campus the night before and assaulted UVA students. Violence was started on their part. Not only that, they went in planning on committing violence. They even discussed running down counter protesters with a car.

But keep acting like the Nazis were the good guys in this situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There's actually been a number of groups trying to get the space for that weekend. As far as I'm aware this is the first non-political applicant.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Considering the trauma that city went through last year I think they're well within their right to stop a similar event from happening this year.

It's worth noting that the city has also denied applications from Leftist groups trying to block the UTR people.

That city brought the trauma on themselves. Instead of letting people opposed to tearing down a statue have their protest they turned it into a political circus.

Some one died and people used it for a political divide.

I remember when it happened. Trump spoke the truth and said, "There were bad people on BOTH sides." and ya'll lost your snip!

There were bad people on both sides, yet some feel they have a right to suppress others speech whether it is good or bad!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

SHUT THEM DOWN!!!"

Dude, I've read Animal Farm, they will most definitely get political.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I feel like it's kind of telling that when a Muslim commits a terrorist attack in this country the response on this site is that all Muslims are evil. Ignoring the fact that it's a response to decades of bad foreign policy on our part.

At the same time a Nazi commits a terror attack and the response is, "Oh well. Those Libs had it coming."

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That city brought the trauma on themselves. Instead of letting people opposed to tearing down a statue have their protest they turned it into a political circus.

Not at all what happened. First off, the city gave the invading neo-Nazi horde their permit. Secondly, they weren't there to protest the removal of a statue. Here's one of the more overt flyers:

Thirdly, the first night they were there, they marched with tiki torches, chanting "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" on their way to the statue, where they then surrounded a small group of (local) college students and then attacked them.

# should have been shutdown RIGHT THEN.

Some one died and people used it for a political divide.

Someone didn't fall over dead of natural causes. A rabid wingnut neo-Nazi ran his car into a crowd of people, maiming many and murdering one.

I remember when it happened. Trump spoke the truth and said, "There were bad people on BOTH sides." and ya'll lost your snip!

Trump is a gutless bitch who didn't want to offend his base by admitting to the reality. Stop trying to spin this revisionist nonsense.
edit on 2018-6-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
the night of the tiki march, someone was hit in the neck with one of the torches, ended up going to the hospital for his injuries. think he was one of the employees ofthe college. he ended up having a stroke.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

sorry, but dunking the city council sounds like a lot more fun than putting up with that crap again! besides, the city changed the rules, there's more restrictions on what you can have at a protest. ya know, no more flags, shields, ect I think. and some of the groups that were there last year won't be allowed to bring their guns either.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As abhorrent as it was .... why? What were they doing aside from being pathetic and abhorrent?

They didn't attack anyone. There was no violence, just nasty speech.

Guess what? I hear a lot of nasty speech that I find abhorrent and hateful all the time, but no one thinks it ought to be censored. Just listen to the late night crew. They're horrible.

But part of believing in free speech is understanding that people have the right to say horrible and hateful stuff. It can even find it's way on the air to be broadcast. But the opposite side of the coin is that *no one* has to listen.

People lost the fight over Charlotsville the second they made it a big event.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wait which political party does the giraffe represent again?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join