It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large police presence in Annapolis, Md. for reported shooting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
**Big Brother is watching you..........

Normalizing certain assumptions, is always a part of staged events. The implicit message that facial recognition is a reliable and fast cop tool, is pretty clever. And residing in the back of the public consciousness is John Dillinger...famous for robberies, destroying his own fingerprints, being gunned down by the heroic FBI G-men....and whose penis is rumored to be floating in a jar of formaldehyde, somewhere...

The power of stories...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: starviego

I think it's more likely that people in positions of power are capitalizing on this to make it look like a bigger deal than it really is even though it's a really big deal

this is all speculation until more information comes out and it never may

everyone has totally forgotten about the immigration issue however and will probably never revisit it

How about that RR fellow? Didn't he just testify or something?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.baltimoresun.com...

Foster gathered about 16 employees and told them there was an active shooter. Some employees began taking off high heels preparing to flee the building, she said. “You see it on the news,” Foster said of people walking out of buildings after mass shootings, “and you think, ‘These poor people.’ You wonder how they feel. Now I know.” Foster said one employee pulled two handguns out of his desk drawer and held them for self defense in case the shooter came. Other employees hid. At one point, they refused to open a back door for someone claiming to be police. “How do we know you're the police?” one employee said through the door. After the police entered from a different direction, they began filing outside. Foster said she and her employees kept trying to hold hands to comfort each other, but were told by police to keep their hands in the air.
guess at least one person in the news room was armed with a couple of handguns but guess didnt get a chance to engage the shooter or the cops got there so quickly they weren't needed.

So.....they had access to an escape route...but remained anyway...

Just let that sink in for a minute...

Perhaps the one person with a couple of handguns wasn't feeling like Rambo on the day and perhaps was not all that competent with those handguns....

You may only see one possible outcome but there are many, comments like yours spawned sayings like armchair quarterback.

After a career of being on emergency scenes of all kinds...I am just pointing out possibilities.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Turned out the obscured fingerprint story was BOGUS.
CNN needs to get better sources.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Enderdog

Turned out the obscured fingerprint story was BOGUS.
CNN needs to get better sources.

Oh the irony.

Pretending they got targeted for being called fake news (which isn't what happened), and they're continuing to push fake news.

Too funny.
edit on 29 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Of course.

Meanwhile: CNN FALLS TO FOOD NETWORK IN LAST WEEK’S RATINGS

At least the damage they can do diminishes.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: IAMTAT

Of course.

Meanwhile: CNN FALLS TO FOOD NETWORK IN LAST WEEK’S RATINGS

At least the damage they can do diminishes.

We're all gonna have to start watching FOOD NETWORK more.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Re: Reporter who Tweeted Shooter dropped his MAGA hat before opening fire.

JUST IN: Reporter at The Republican resigns over false Twitter post linking President Trump to Maryland newspaper shooter

twitter.com...

A reporter at The Republican resigned Friday after publishing a Twitter post that falsely indicated the suspect who is charged with killing five people at an Annapolis Maryland newspaper was wearing a President Trump-inspired "Make America Great Again" hat.

Conor Berry took full responsibility for the unauthorized tweet. "I am ashamed of my tweet, which taints the good work of fair-minded journalists everywhere," Berry wrote in his resignation notice.

www.masslive.com...

(post by Whereismypassword removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: trb71

Maybe someone believed trump when he called the media the true enemies of the US?

Maybe the paper wrote a fake news article about his business and it went under .

We will have to wait and see.

I just hope they get the guy alive so he can tell us.

Why would people not believe that the media is the enemy of the people? It is absolutely true.
It's sad to see anyone killed by a madman, but that doesn't change the fact that the media is corrupt, peddles propaganda and incites hatred.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Frankly? People like you peddle propaganda and incite hatred all the time, willingly or not. So what?

What happened to free speech and (respectful) disagreement? Are your emotions more important than the freedom of the press?

And how do you even cope with a site like ATS? It pretty much incites everything with nearly everything imaginable.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

See, what blows me away is the fact that somewhere in the range of 80-90% of the media we get is controlled by just six corporations. Those six corporations, if reports are true, are in hock pretty deep to the banks. These banksters have had some really shady stuff going on but you don't often see the same level of in-depth reporting of their criminal activities when there's a juicy sex scandal to follow.

Peddling hatred is not a means to a more civil society. In this both sides share the blame. The voices of the people who refuse to peddle hatred simply don't get heard.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

corporations

... the glory of capitalism. And without them, we won't be lied to the extent we are being lied to right now. Blame the deep state financiers, the cleptocracy in cahoots with our politiclowns and I'll be with you all the way.
But going after the messenger won't change a single thing for the good. It never did.

Peddling hatred is not a means to a more civil society. In this both sides share the blame. The voices of the people who refuse to peddle hatred simply don't get heard.

That's a very common misconception, BUT (very big bud) The Intercept is pretty successful regardless. Me? I'm having lots of fun deconstructing the MSM spin for over a decade now. This kinda stuff tends not to get old at all, and thus you'll always have people digging up the ore.

Why the rush to shut em all down now? You'll be shutting up critiques as well, ya know... the potentially great stuff in comments like this. Is that really what you want?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Didn't even mention a rush to shut them down. I was simply attempting (poorly I suppose) to explain why the voices of people who refuse to get on the hate train rarely or never get heard on msm. Hate mongering is more profitable.

As a friend of mine once remarked: The voice of reason doesn't get the big bucks.

edit on 30-6-2018 by diggindirt because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2018 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
another crazy white man, you believe the media about immigrants, blacks, imaginary enemies etc but when it comes to white terrorist hes mentally ill or its a conspiracy lol

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join