It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoops: “I’m an FDR Republican” Says Democratic Senator Heidi Heitkamp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Big choke and gag by A Democrat who was critisized by Trump at his rally in North Dakota June 27th.

Senator Heidi Heitkamp is the fumbling Democrat of the day.

She actually said she is a FDR Republican !! 😃

Lots of Democrat candidates are casting this illusion of being "Less Democrat" in order to win elections.

Do Not Trust them at their word.

Whoops: “I’m an FDR Republican” Says Democratic Senator Heidi Heitkamp

After President Donald Trump’s visit to Fargo last night the folks at CNN caught up with Senator Heidi Heitkamp who was the target of much criticism from the President.

Heitkamp, of course, has been spending this election cycle trying to paint herself as a conservative Democrat and a Trump ally. Or, you know, a Republican.

And during the CNN interview she actually came right out and called herself a Republican. “I just think that you have to be who you are,” she said. “At the end of the day, I’m an FDR Republican.”

To the video:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
FDR was a progressives wet dream not sure what this lady is talking about

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I work in North Dakota. From what I am hearing from the ground here she is fighting a pretty uphill battle trying to claim to be a moderate while high-fiving Chuck Shumer when in Washington.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
By today’s standards he would have been a Republican. Heck, no way he would embrace the looney Leftists of today,

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

you are probably right but FDR is responsible for a lot of the problems we have today such as social security, bail outs, welfare and other subsidization programs

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
By today’s standards he would have been a Republican. Heck, no way he would embrace the looney Leftists of today,

Kind of a funny deal if you take any stock in the HRC “channeling Eleanor Roosevelt” at least in my twisted mind anyhow.
I personally try to avoid shoving dead presidents into postmortem political leanings if translated into the current political climate. Perhaps HRC has some insight from her source.

edit on 6/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
North Dakota is one of the senate seats Republicans are hoping to pick up this November. Which of course is why Trump was there yesterday to dig into Heitkamp.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is FDR we're talking about, not JFK... FDR would be in lockstep with modern Democrats, JFK would be a Republican stalwart.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
After the death of the Kennedy brothers and MLK many of the more conservative Democrats, like Ronald Reagan switched over to the Republicans, while many of the more liberal leaning Republicans went the other way.

top topics

join