It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness, flirtation rules and accepted behaviour?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: projectvxn
We walk on miles of eggshells to satisfy the overly sensitive who can't cope with anything.

It seems like that on the internet for sure, is it like that in your real world?
It's not in mine.

Only where I work and generally, the city I live in.
Gosh, sounds a nightmare, guys and girls are quite flirtatious here, I love it.
Even if it doesn't mean 'meet you at the weekend' just general cheer each other up flirting, I can't imagine a world where we are all scared to say nice things to each other.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

I love flirting but I also come off as a bit gay because I love beautiful nails and make-up so I compliment (not flirting) all the time as well. "Oh your nails are gorgeous, where did you get them done?" Totally genuine and I've never creeped a girl out in my life, but I do have a twin sister so I do like a bit of girly stuff lol.

I can't imagine worrying about some woman feeling threatened by me...I'm friendly and latch on to a flirtatious line in a heartbeat, but I don't initiate it unless the eye contact tells me maybe I can.

Wait. Are you single, or a married guy?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I love flirting but I also come off as a bit gay because I love beautiful nails and make-up so I compliment (not flirting) all the time as well. "Oh your nails are gorgeous, where did you get them done?" Totally genuine and I've never creeped a girl out in my life, but I do have a twin sister so I do like a bit of girly stuff lol.

I can't imagine worrying about some woman feeling threatened by me...I'm friendly and latch on to a flirtatious line in a heartbeat, but I don't initiate it unless the eye contact tells me maybe I can.

Wait. Are you single, or a married guy?
Single and multiple friends who I'm intimate with so it's not like being single. What are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So you are a man-ho.

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I'm happy to be a man ho with my loved female friends

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So, the way I think it is, that if the power dynamic is equal, or it's a younger person flirting with someone older that is okay, but if someone in a position of power does it (manager etc) then it's not okay, same if the initial flirt is from someone older than the person.

^^^^ Thats it in a nut shell!! When I was working I was the only female

in the company and they all flirted with me and I flirted with them, older or

younger age made no difference.....but only those at the same level in the

company as myself, anyone at a higher level it was a definate no no. Because

they had the power to hire or fire or promoteso it wasn't a level playing field.

I'm thinking of it as a man though, a man who never wants to come off as a creep, but the crazy thing is I think it's acceptable for a woman of any age to flirt with me, I love it.
I've had old ladies flirt with me and a twinkle in their eye and I've said stuff like 'would've loved to met you back in the day' etc, always to cheeky smiles and laughter.

^^^^ Isn't that what makes the world go round? Well meaning fun rarely

comes off as creepy, there is no age limit to compliments and flirting as long as

there isnt a hidden agenda!

edit on 28-6-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It's not even flirtatious stuff that gets people. It's ANY "perceived" slight.

The coping ability where I am is almost non-existent.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ah totally agree

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It seems more difficult in some US States like you are being a creeper lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join