It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic heat found under Antarctica's Pine Island Glacier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Are the Volcano's new?
if they are old why did the Volcanic heat not melt the ice?

How can they miss the Volcanic heat in the sea until now???
they have been keeping a close eye on it,
because of USSR and China. to see if the build a base,
just like US did!

edit on 30-6-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I've been reading about a huge USGS cover-up

also this is Antarctica there is a lot there they don't want us to know, I personally only refer to Antarctica as such when I'm speaking to others but to myself I read Antarctica as "Atlantis"
edit on 30-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Are the Volcano's new?
if they are old why did the Volcanic heat not melt the ice?

How can they miss the Volcanic heat in the sea until now???
they have been keeping a close eye on it,
because of USSR and China. to see if the build a base,
just like US did!

Perhaps this is all tied into disclosure.
Our Earth maybe into a rapid growth phase.
Theories of the expanding Earth are out there, curious on what the google Earth undersea maps depict.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I've read about the expanding earth hypothesis but I don't know what to believe about anything related to these topics, I've also read a lot other theories as well

I'm convinced they found ancient cities that we preserved through ice and are studying it and harvesting technology.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

And Mr Phage, I did read it.
That is an article about the study.

Watts is a fool.
edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And Mr Phage, I did read it.
That is an article about the study.

Watts is a fool.

Excellent!
An ad hominem and disparaging comment.
Ding ding ding ding, yoouuu wiiiin (no, not really).
So because Watts reiterates what BAS has found, this makes him a fool.

Sorry Phagepoo, but the quality of your posting has been fading.
What happened?
Don't you find it interesting that there is now scientific evidence that volcanoes are most likely
involved with the release of heat in Antarctica and not the warming of the Earth's atmosphere?
Or did you buy a pallet of Al Gores Carbon Footprint Credits and now can't get rid of them (just kidding).
Aren't you a bit curious now about the truth that there maybe tropical voids, beneath the ice that are sustaining life larger than just microbial?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's the false claims that Watts makes about it which make him a fool.

Don't you find it interesting that there is now scientific evidence that volcanoes are most likely involved with the release of heat in Antarctica and not the warming of the Earth's atmosphere?
That sentence is very difficult to parse. But are you trying to say that volcanoes are the only thing causing ice loss in Antarctica? Because that is not the case.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It's the false claims that Watts makes about it which make him a fool.

Don't you find it interesting that there is now scientific evidence that volcanoes are most likely involved with the release of heat in Antarctica and not the warming of the Earth's atmosphere?
That sentence is very difficult to parse. But are you trying to say that volcanoes are the only thing causing ice loss in Antarctica? Because that is not the case.

1) What does he say that is foolish?
2) I'm not saying that. I believe that volcanoes are now found to be contributing to the warming of the water. Not just the Oceanic currents (and bs about CO2, methane, and man causing Global warming/Climate change..). From what I've read, Antarctia is losing it's ice mass. What is causing this increase in volcanic activity is a partial answer. This is what a scientist at BAS states, " Lead author, geophysicist Dr Yasmina Martos who completed the work at BAS says: “This new map of heat escaping from inside the Earth will help advance our understanding of the conditions at the base of the ice sheet, improving our ability to understand the past and to project future changes of the Antarctic Ice Sheet and its impact on global sea level”. www.bas.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I believe that volcanoes are now found to be contributing to the warming of the water.
A bit. Yes. If you want that quantified you can read the study which the article in your OP is based upon.

What is causing this increase in volcanic activity is a partial answer.
There is a hypothesis that a rebound effect as a result of ice loss could lead to increased volcanic activity, yes. But it's not known if there has been an increase in subglacial volcanic activity in Antarctica so I don't know how you can say that.

“This new map of heat escaping from inside the Earth will help advance our understanding of the conditions at the base of the ice sheet, improving our ability to understand the past and to project future changes of the Antarctic Ice Sheet and its impact on global sea level”
Yes. Because the more we know about all of the influences on the movement of glacial ice, the better can be the models. Subglacial volcanic activity has an effect. So do warmer waters. So does warmer air.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

boy i see you so connected in this, you defend every thing Al # says, you are the know every thing in regards to global warming ( not any more because its called climate change, go figure ) here on ATS, just a question sir are you part of this Al # project? and if so how much do you get from this

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: Phage

boy i see you so connected in this, you defend every thing Al # says, you are the know every thing in regards to global warming ( not any more because its called climate change, go figure ) here on ATS, just a question sir are you part of this Al # project? and if so how much do you get from this

Well, I'm wondering if someone else is answering for him. It does sound like he has a horse in this race, doesn't it.
I do find it interesting that the new data will include the He3 and volcanic activity in reasons behind the melting of the shelf.
Curios thought I just had, all the water from the firmament when it fell (The Flood) had to go somewhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just checking.
What is the shape of the world?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Just checking.
What is the shape of the world?

Dude, years ago I thought that your ISP was out of Boston. I've even flown over that area many times.
Never have I seen a flat Earth, at least up to 40 angels, always roundish.
Now answer me this, where is your PhD from?
edit on V402018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 30 Jun 2018 19:40:19 -05001 by Violater1 because: ish

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have no degree. Nor have I claimed to.

How about you?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I have no degree. Nor have I claimed to.

How about you?

Yes, I do.

So are you answering as Phage (a nom-du-plume)?
Or in reality, you have no degree.
Either way, it matters to me not. I enjoy your( or the consortium's) participation in this forum.

edit on V562018Mondaypm31America/ChicagoMon, 09 Jul 2018 18:56:11 -05001 by Violater1 because: ygtfi

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join