It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonar anomaly off NC coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just saw this....don't know if anyone else saw this BUT it certainly gets the imagination stirring! Of course its likely nothing...but right now it could be ANYTHING!!!

North Carolina imagination overdrive!!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a LINK to the live cams being operated BTW:

oceanexplorer.noaa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Rover cam

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Interesting will keep an eye on this even it’s a shipwreck it’d be interesting to know what era the wreck is from.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Have you seen the prelim report? From the NOAA:

First indications following initial exploration indicates the anomaly is a geological formation.

Sorry to bust any bubbles!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Hey, geology is pretty damned awesome!

Whenever something mysterious turns out to be a phenomenon related to a known science, people tend to let their shoulders slump, and their faces droop. I do not know why. Sure, this or that particular thing is not some weird alien base, or the front porch of Cthulhu's underwater gin palace, but that does not mean that it is somehow uninteresting! It just means that it occupies a different area of interest than some people initially speculated.

I still find this stuff fascinating either way!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hey, geology is pretty damned awesome!

Whenever something mysterious turns out to be a phenomenon related to a known science, people tend to let their shoulders slump, and their faces droop. I do not know why. Sure, this or that particular thing is not some weird alien base, or the front porch of Cthulhu's underwater gin palace, but that does not mean that it is somehow uninteresting! It just means that it occupies a different area of interest than some people initially speculated.

I still find this stuff fascinating either way!

This is true but I’m still hoping for a U-boat!
I thought Cthulhu got out of the gin game for lack of prophet (har har) and went back to running the best opium den this side of the multiverse.

edit on 6/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Hey, if you were an ocean dwelling multi-dimensional horror from realms beyond, you would be able to have a gin palace all to yourself! I don't know why anyone would, its vile stuff, but each to their own!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I clicked both your links but neither one showed a picture of the anomaly, just the machine that took the picture. Did I miss it or does it not exist?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Oh wait look what I found. This website has a live feed video showing the underwater robot exploring the anomaly. This is very cool!

SOU RCE

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As far as I can tell the entire press thing is just clickbait.

I imagine its a geological formation because that the most likely culprit BUT I am always hoping for a shipwreck. I can sit here and hope the find a small fleet of Phoenician ships. Some see The abyss come to life. But it's science in action and that is always interesting to me!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah...I saw that. I also saw they were at least entertaining the what'ifs lol.

No matter what....being able to see this is neat

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sadly, it'll probably end up being a sunken pile of trash.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Now that did make me sad. And you are likely more correct than not lol

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi

Yeah...I saw that. I also saw they were at least entertaining the what'ifs lol.

No matter what....being able to see this is neat

Oh don't get me wrong, i read the story a few days ago and got excited by the thought it could be anything (particularly the geology).......
And then read the update today, about 20 minutes before i logged on to ATS and saw this thread! As i was feeling strangely crushed (desperate need for excitement instead of usual gloom in the world) i thought it best to spread the news!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Please, please, please let it be Cthulhu.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hey, if you were an ocean dwelling multi-dimensional horror from realms beyond, you would be able to have a gin palace all to yourself! I don't know why anyone would, its vile stuff, but each to their own!

Sounds like my ex...

I thought ya Brit’s loved the stuff, I’ve always hated it give me Irish whiskey and I’m happy.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well not ANYTHING... There's pottery and chains , a cannon a brass spitoon, even rope. It's probably a sunken ship from the 1800s lol. Lots of them out there off the outer banks due to it being a pretty regular hurricane prone area. Or should I say destination. Hurricanes love the mid Atlantic beaches.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

They said nineteenth century. Could be civil war era. Lost in the blockade or like I said storms. They didn't have five day forcasts back then. Hurricanes were often a surprise.
There were two land altering storms within fifty or so years in late 1700s and one in the early 1800s. They created large sand spits that are now neighborhoods. The water in the Chesapeake rose over fifteen feet.
I can't imagine the mess when Norfolk floods if we have just heavy rain.
edit on 6282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Oh wait look what I found. This website has a live feed video showing the underwater robot exploring the anomaly. This is very cool!

SOU RCE

In the last 5 minutes there has been an increase in the presence of fish on live feed.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Thanks for the update.

What sort of fish?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join