It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Protest Dwindling Economy, Shout 'Death To Palestine"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Interesting turn of events.

Thousands of Iranians returned to the streets of Tehran on Monday in response to the significant devaluation of the country's currency, the rial, which is disrupting business by driving up the cost of imports.

"Death to Palestine," "Help us, not Gaza," and "Leave Syria alone and deal with Iran," protesters shouted, calling on the Iranian regime to invest in its own economy rather than interfering in other spheres throughout the Middle East.

While the world is focused on US internal strife, NK, and the Eu, something else is happening.

What happened to the narrative for Palestine? Its clear NO OTHER country wants them, but why?

Whats this mean for the middle east, shall we get involved again?
Whats this do for the narrative against Israel, considering Iran arent supporting palestine but the opposite?
Perhaps they are done with the gov we helped to put in place, perhaps its time for the people to have a voice in this country without fear of death?

How would a successful resistance change the world stage, of a place we traditionally thought ( their gov anyway) wanted to do away with Israel, how could this reform middle east relations? How might this actually bring about peace?

And would the so many in the world turn their back on Iran, who they have backed so vehemently, if they found out the people were NOT with Palestine, but for peace between them and Israel, and a thriving middle east?

Source
edit on 28-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The demonstrations indicate widespread anger at the regime for spending billions of dollars on regional proxy wars and supporting terrorist groups, instead of investing it on the the struggling economy at home.

Could that be Hamas and others they are directing their ire at?

Interesting that at least the people of Iran know this is happening but the rest of the world refuses to acknowledge it!

In recent years, Iran has provided financial aid to Palestinian terror groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad, Lebanon’s Hezbollah, Yemen’s Houthi rebels and Shiite militias in Iraq.

whoops they named them, and they are pissed.

So if those that are pro Hamas packed palestine wont listen to the US, will you listen to those closest to the fight? Who are sick and tired of being neglected in favor of these terrorist groups?!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This playbook is getting predictable. Support and give aid to an insurrection until it gets to the point where you can interfere on their behalf for "humanitarian reasons". Georgia, Ukraine, Libya, Syria. Come on world. Already seen this movie.

Hopefully they didnt all get murdered like last time the iranians protested. Fingers crossed, maybe something will come of this and the ayatollah will end up getting the ol' "Qaddafi checkup"
edit on 28-6-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
This playbook is getting predictable. Support and give aid to an insurrection until it gets to the point where you can interfere on their behalf for "humanitarian reasons". Georgia, Ukraine, Libya, Syria. Come on world. Already seen this movie.

Hopefully they didnt all get murdered like last time the iranians protested. Fingers crossed, maybe something will come of this and the ayatollah will end up getting the ol' "Qaddafi checkup"

Thats just it!

On one hand I want to say , "sure aid them, help them with their freedom", but on my libertarian mind? im saying, nope let them do this on their own, we have done enough damage.

I share the same thought as you, we have "liberated" enough. But then again we were once a country that could do this in good conscience and help.

I fear we are not anymore.

I want to be an ally to truth, but i fear more being accused of being a facilitator of insurrection.

I pray they have the strength and the numbers to free themselves

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Philosophically, I agree.
As someone who still has two years in the IRR, and neglected to take advantage of the opportunity to get fat, I still agree and dont want to see world war three start.
If I were the guy in charge of running the real life game of RISK though..... id say the chance to knock out THE shiite stronghold would be pretty tempting.
edit on 28-6-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

As someone who still has two years in the IRR, and neglected to take advantage of the opportunity to get fat, I still agree and dont want to see world war three start.
If I were the guy in charge of running the real life game of RISK though..... id say the chance to knock out THE shiite stronghold would be pretty tempting.

Yeah i can understand that

Its just really hard for me to advocate getting in the middle of another conflict.

Maybe this is the one we SHOULD have, leaving all the others behind. Maybe this is the point we would be justified in helping REALLY liberate a people but.

At what point do you do so much damage , youre damned if you do and damned if you dont.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Iran has a problem. Or rather, the religion-driven dictatorship has a problem.

Iran's population has expanded, so there is a demographic of young and educated young men (women don't count in Iran) who get sod-all out of the old formula touted by the autocrats. They want meaningful livelihoods, more social freedoms and (let's face it) they want less of the repression.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Iran has a problem. Or rather, the religion-driven dictatorship has a problem. Iran's population has expanded, so there is a demographic of young and educated young men (women don't count in Iran) who get sod-all out of the old formula touted by the autocrats. They want meaningful livelihoods, more social freedoms and (let's face it) they want less of the repression.

so basically enough BS, stop allocating our funds to other areas and support our people and reform our country?

Is that right?

Are you from the area? if so i would love to have more of your input

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Iranians Protest Dwindling Economy, Shout 'Death To Palestine"

So , there goes another Palestinian ally
We have before , Jordan , Libya , Syria , Lebanon , Egypt , and others
They are quickly running out of friends...
Like the feller that continuously let stinkies in High School classes.
Avoid like the plague.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Did I miss the protests in the US over them arming jihadists in Syria?

And it is totally hilarious that people can think a protest march by some constitutes the feeling of everyone

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You are (sort of) right. The problem with a theocracy/autocracy like Iran is that the room to actually change is very limited. The Supreme Leader won't reduce his power and control and as he (because it could never be a she) is a religious appointee he will always look to protect his religious world-view and perpetuate religious conflict, because that is what these people have been doing for centuries.

The thing that threatens religion is education and social freedom. Iran just needs to look at the secular West. What all these Iranians want is social freedom, jobs and stuff like that. At some point it's only logical that the intransigence of one side will lead to friction and conflict.

edit on 28/6/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

And it is totally hilarious that people can think a protest march by some constitutes the feeling of everyone

LoLoLOL I Know right, thousands of protesters in a country where they know they can be shot dead for doing so gather in the streets of the capital of their country.

Oh man, how stupid to think the consequences are the same as everywhere else

Oh man !!! (slapping knees) just like Egypt! hahahhaaha

oh wait....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The thing that threatens religion is education and social freedom. Iran just needs to look at the secular West. What all these Iranians want is social freedom, jobs and stuff like that. At some point it's only logical that the intransigence of one side will lead to friction and conflict.

So they basically want what we had MORE of back in the 70s 80s and 90s, maybe even now but, were so fkd from OUR perspective.

That makes sense

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

LoLoLOL I Know right, thousands of protesters in a country where they know they can be shot dead for doing so gather in the streets of the capital of their country.

oh wait....

What is stupid is thinking you have a handle on what's going on there based on your media consumption......

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Yeah i can understand that

Its just really hard for me to advocate getting in the middle of another conflict.

Maybe this is the one we SHOULD have, leaving all the others behind. Maybe this is the point we would be justified in helping REALLY liberate a people but.

At what point do you do so much damage , youre damned if you do and damned if you dont.

I think 14 years ago, it was the conflict someone WANTED to have, as we are in countries that border Iran to the east, west, and north-west. I still remember Fox News back in 2006 trying to push the idea that Iran was supplying sunni al-Qaeda with weapons to drum up support for a war with iran. I dont think its worth it to spill american blood and spend billions of dollars to fight Iran. If the CIA wants to supply iranian rebels
with weapons one day, well, i wouldn't cry over it. But i dont think its worth maybe starting world war three over.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Hamas wants to overthrow the syrian government and support rebels fighting against the regime. HAMAS is a sunni group the only reason Iran supported them was there dislike if Israel. However that attitude is slowly changing and some in Iran see Isreal as a possible friend against Saudi Arabia.

And Israel is playing on this new found love or trying to any way.

www.standard.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

oh wait....

What is stupid is thinking you have a handle on what's going on there based on your media consumption......

Haaretz (egyptian)

Aljazeera

yep just my media consumption, nothing from the region.

Maybe next time just do a google search before spouting off, care to country with anything to refute what I posted?

Or just an attack against the Poster with nothing else to back up your claim, i mean, at least I did

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Hamas wants to overthrow the syrian government and support rebels fighting against the regime. HAMAS is a sunni group the only reason Iran supported them was there dislike if Israel. However that attitude is slowly changing and some in Iran see Isreal as a possible friend against Saudi Arabia.

And Israel is playing on this new found love or trying to any way.

www.standard.co.uk...

And lets be fair, they are also a friend against HAMAS who Iran is sending tons of their money to , to help fund their proxy war.

Its complicated in all levels but I think the iranian people as a whole see wtf is going on, and how its negatively affecting them.

Also how the regime is affecting them as a country and their growth through their religious restriction.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

oh wait....

Haaretz (egyptian)

Aljazeera

yep just my media consumption, nothing from the region.

Maybe next time just do a google search before spouting off, care to country with anything to refute what I posted?

Or just an attack against the Poster with nothing else to back up your claim, i mean, at least I did

Are you arguing that media from the area is somehow more credible, that's your problem you think a Google Search provides truth.

My point is you have no idea what's going on there, case in point would be me arguing that CNN represents how the average American feels about life in America .

It's not a personal attack it's simply a jab at your world view and how you achieve it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Palestinians have really been the pariah of the middle east. No country wants them they just saw them as a useful tool against Israel. Egypt could open up its borders tomorrow. But every middle eastern country sees them as terrorists. So not just Israel but all the other countries ban them from entering their country.

I think Hamas was created to harass Israel and now they lost control of it. So everyone fears they will promote terrorism in their country. We are seeing that in syria where they lost control of the Syrian border.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join