It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time a politician talked about making ends meet in this country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The politics of this country are so different now than when I was a kid in the 70s. When I was growing up politicians at least pretended to care about people having enough wages to make ends meet. Today, honestly, it feels like the Germans won WWII or something. Everything is pure insanity here. Absolute utter insanity!

George Carlin was right 20 years ago and he is even more right today:

The government of this country DOES NOT REPRESENT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Abortions, immigrants, WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!

"The economy stupid"

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Cue nazi comparisons blah blah blah...

Waaah waah waah

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Politicians ether start rich or become that way while in office.

They have no idea what it is like for the rest of us.

Why isn't trump pushing for congressional term limits!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

The last time I can remember is around 1998. Bill and Hillary said they were flat broke after paying to defend poor Bill against sex charges.
edit on 6/28/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Clinton?
There was a budget surplus in 1998, but I'm not sure he had a lot to do with it.

edit on 6/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Clinton?
There was a budget surplus in 1998, but I'm not sure he had a lot to do with it.

His personal budget was in surplus? Then the Clintons lied. (gasp!)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Sorry.

I thought the topic was the US Government.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Uh Trump was and still is one of those rich people who is in the 'exclusive rich man club' and is now a politician.
He's not going to push anything other than keeping his rich friends rich.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The only time you are going to hear some politicians in America talk about making ends meet, what they mean is chasing the ridiculous idea of paying down the national debt (which, if you know anything about economics in the US and the Federal Reserve, is functionally impossible, because even if one dollar remained in existence, there would ALWAYS be two dollars of debt owed somewhere, therefore in order for the currency to exist, there will always be a debt owing, therefore the debt CANNOT be paid off). The only time you will hear others talking about making ends meet, they will be talking about the man in the street, but lying about what it means to be one, often by making out that they are self made, therefore have something in common with the people they are talking about. They nearly never do.

Of course, its not common for people with any actual power to effect change, regardless of party, to think about the common man all that much, as is perfectly obvious from the extent to which modern economic policy is being created to deepen the wealth gap, make things harder and harder for those who actually work for a living, and make everyone think that their status or lack thereof is their own fault, rather than a deliberate design playing out over decades in order to keep the wealthy in slave labour and caviar.

Reliance on neoclassical economic structures, is guaranteed to put working people in the pit, and elevate only those whose talents begin and end at a near psychopathic lack of compassion or empathy.

new topics

top topics

join