It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Won't Cite Jackson Documentary Maker (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A judge will not hold Martin Bashir in contempt for airing another documentary about Michael Jackson and audio tape exerpts of the young boy from the 1993 case against him whose family received millions of dollars from the case. Bashir who is not under a gag order aired the special on ABC Thursday night.

abcnews.go.com
LOS ANGELES Feb 19, 2005 — A judge has denied a request for a contempt citation against journalist Martin Bashir, who produced the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson" in 2003 and in the past week followed up with two more TV specials.

Court documents released Friday do not give a reason for Judge Rodney Melville's decision on the defense request, which argued that Bashir violated the court's gag order prohibiting him, as a witness, from making public statements in the 46-year-old pop star's child molestation case.

The defense also accused Bashir of inducing another witness, actor Corey Feldman, to violate the gag order for a TV program presented by Bashir. It asked for sanctions against Bashir.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think that Martin Bashir should not have been allowed to air this documentary at all. The special included the boy from the 1993 case whose family was awarded millions of dollars, and also,experts who stated they thought that Michael Jackson was a pedophile. This may give some the opinion that he is already guilty as charged.
The footage also showed a family who stated they believed Michael Jackson was innocent, and their son, who stayed with Michael Jackson as a child,saying,"He is not guilty, he never tried to do anything to me." I believe this will be one of the biggest trials of the century. Martin Bashir, may have put doubt in many people about Jackson who have not heard the undisclosed boys audio tapes from 1993. It could also affect this case going on now by the media who may show parts of this show about Jackson.

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Griffin master]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Come on vote please it's right I think.It is news and I believe it will be one of the biggest trials of the year, century even.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree it's news, but I had to vote no as I believe it belongs in below top secret...Anything to do with MJ is a circus.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I see a lot of stuff that shouldn't be Above Top Secret, but gets there anyway. Give the kid a break. I voted yes. This story is as interesting as the one the other day where MJ was taken to hospital.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think so too. Michael jackson may be a freak, but I don't see why if it is only about Michale Jackson it can't be news! He makes the headlines every day.He was also the biggest selling artist of the century. Plus, this will be a huge trial, bigger than OJ my mom said, and I think he should be treated as innocent until he is proven guilty.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Michael Jackson is newsworthy. I voted yes.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Saying that, is I think showing your bias, and your opinion that you already formed about Jackson. Just ebecause it is not about uufo's or something else does not mean it is not news, or it would not be in the news. So has everyone already formed the opinion he is guilty? if so, where is the justice?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Someone who knows a news story. Thanks man. I mean, I personally do not like the man, but this is going to be one big trial, but will ATS only want the news when it becomes really big news, and this documentary Bashir did may play a part in the outcome, it may be appealed because of the show he did ater the trial is over.
I think this is bias with the ats and bts members

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not ATSNN worthy news

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That is your opinion, and that's okay. But, it is news, and should be submitted, if not here then in bts.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I voted you up, I have been following this not to closely, I think he's nuts, but hey thats entertainment

I think you did a good job sticking to ATSNN guidelines as well more so than some other one line news articles posted lately

[edit on 20/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Okay the whole purpose of the new ATSNN format is not to have the submitters of news post trying to drum up votes to thier stories. Nor is it really appropirate to debate the pro and cons of a given story in the discussion thread. Vote yes or no and move on. Comment about the merits of the story if so moved, but please do not justify your votes for the story.

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join