It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUTH B. GINSBURG says She is Staying on the Supreme Court to age 90...At Least.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: carewemust
RE: www.cbsnews.com...

Judging from her increased lethargy in recent appearances, I think Ruth Ginsburg's arteries are clogging up again.

Think kavanaugh as the new guy will get stuck next to her and her depends?

You know as often as I disagree with her rulings, I've never considered disrespecting her or anyone else for that matter, by making fun of them due to their age.

I hate it that she is one who is prone to legislating from the bench and believe any judge doing that is violating their oath of office and openly so. She is however deserving of respect for her accomplishments and career.

When did we sink to the level of making fun of anyone for their age with depends jokes, just because we disagree with their politics? Any woman from either side of the aisle would do worse than looking up to her and her accomplishments. Doubly so due to her age and when she cracked the glass ceiling. Now it's easy for a woman to make it since it's pretty much equal, but back then? She made it on the U.S. Court of Appeals in 1980 sitting along side of Bork and Scalia.

I'd love to see her retire today to be frank, but her appearance is irrelevant as long as her mind is intact and clearly it is.

edit on 11/8/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: amazing

Crazy talk!
We need judges that can read and comprehend a simple document called the C.O.T.U.S. The meaning of things like "Shall not.."

Be it man, woman, Lib, Repub, Dem. The law, the "supreme law" even, doesn't need political input. We need constitutionalist judges.

The whole purpose of the C.O.T.U.S was to create law to bind and restrict the government. State constitutions fallow the same idea. That's how Republics work. Ruled by law. The supreme court has no business granting the government power, that was not delegated to it or itself.

Dems and commie types think it's another legislative branch as do the liberal judges.

If we had real education in this country instead of indoctrination, controlled by the very same government the law was meant to restrict, we'd be better off.

People would understand that the "majority" has no say in the "minorities" unalienable rights. No matter how unsafe it makes them feel.

I think you missed everything I said. In a perfect world you would be correct. But the judges on the supreme court aren't nominated because they'll uphold the constitution, they're nominated because they lean left or right.

That's why we need balance on the supreme court.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I appreciate her service and respect her for it.
That said, her "hanging on" seems to be for purely political purposes, and that imo is deserving of mockery. She is the one who has chosen to change her legacy from a justice who championed equal rights to one bitterly holding on only to oppose her political rivals. She could have walked away under the previous administration, SHE chose not to.
So yes, I will make jokes about what now appears to be no more than an old bitter partisan, holding on only to spite her political rivals, in a job in which politics should have no part. I would make the same joke regardless of gender or party given the same circumstances.
Old age comes for us all, I hope I do not grow to be as bitter should I be lucky enough to make that age.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join