It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUTH B. GINSBURG says She is Staying on the Supreme Court to age 90...At Least.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: carewemust
RE: www.cbsnews.com...

Judging from her increased lethargy in recent appearances, I think Ruth Ginsburg's arteries are clogging up again.

Think kavanaugh as the new guy will get stuck next to her and her depends?

You know as often as I disagree with her rulings, I've never considered disrespecting her or anyone else for that matter, by making fun of them due to their age.

I hate it that she is one who is prone to legislating from the bench and believe any judge doing that is violating their oath of office and openly so. She is however deserving of respect for her accomplishments and career.

When did we sink to the level of making fun of anyone for their age with depends jokes, just because we disagree with their politics? Any woman from either side of the aisle would do worse than looking up to her and her accomplishments. Doubly so due to her age and when she cracked the glass ceiling. Now it's easy for a woman to make it since it's pretty much equal, but back then? She made it on the U.S. Court of Appeals in 1980 sitting along side of Bork and Scalia.

I'd love to see her retire today to be frank, but her appearance is irrelevant as long as her mind is intact and clearly it is.

edit on 11/8/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: amazing

Crazy talk!
We need judges that can read and comprehend a simple document called the C.O.T.U.S. The meaning of things like "Shall not.."

Be it man, woman, Lib, Repub, Dem. The law, the "supreme law" even, doesn't need political input. We need constitutionalist judges.

The whole purpose of the C.O.T.U.S was to create law to bind and restrict the government. State constitutions fallow the same idea. That's how Republics work. Ruled by law. The supreme court has no business granting the government power, that was not delegated to it or itself.

Dems and commie types think it's another legislative branch as do the liberal judges.

If we had real education in this country instead of indoctrination, controlled by the very same government the law was meant to restrict, we'd be better off.

People would understand that the "majority" has no say in the "minorities" unalienable rights. No matter how unsafe it makes them feel.

I think you missed everything I said. In a perfect world you would be correct. But the judges on the supreme court aren't nominated because they'll uphold the constitution, they're nominated because they lean left or right.

That's why we need balance on the supreme court.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I appreciate her service and respect her for it.
That said, her "hanging on" seems to be for purely political purposes, and that imo is deserving of mockery. She is the one who has chosen to change her legacy from a justice who championed equal rights to one bitterly holding on only to oppose her political rivals. She could have walked away under the previous administration, SHE chose not to.
So yes, I will make jokes about what now appears to be no more than an old bitter partisan, holding on only to spite her political rivals, in a job in which politics should have no part. I would make the same joke regardless of gender or party given the same circumstances.
Old age comes for us all, I hope I do not grow to be as bitter should I be lucky enough to make that age.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
12/21/2018

Breaking: Justice Ginsberg undergoes Lung Cancer surgery.

twitter.com...

We wish her a speedy recovery!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

12/21/2018

twitter.com...

Don’t worry, she’ll be back in the saddle after the holidays. I know how concerned you are.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

12/21/2018

twitter.com...

Don’t worry, she’ll be back in the saddle after the holidays. I know how concerned you are.
Yea...about that, not so sure she'll be hitting that saddle anytime soon, at that age with fleshy tumors being cut out of your lungs????

We shall see, either way, its a win for us as we get another pick, heavens for bid something terrible happens to hee, we don't want that.

But, time to move on 😌

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

The shell is cracked, the yolk is scrambled, and the egg is starting to dry in the sun... this nursery rhyme is almost at its end.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

12/21/2018

twitter.com...

The Christmas Holiday Season is a time to all humankind to love each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

12/21/2018

twitter.com...

Yea...about that, not so sure she'll be hitting that saddle anytime soon, at that age with fleshy tumors being cut out of your lungs????
We shall see, either way, its a win for us as we get another pick, heavens for bid something terrible happens to her, we don't want that.
But, time to move on 😌

They normally don't perform lung surgery on an already weakened and frail 85 year old. Usually, it's the $18,000 @ dose cancer pill for them. (Before ObamaCare, HSA health insurance would cover those 100%. Not anymore, sadly.)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
UPDATE: GOOD NEWS!

The disease was discovered incidentally during testing after Ginsburg, a stalwart liberal voice on the high court, fell in her office and broke three ribs in November.

There’s no evidence that there’s additional disease in her body, according to a statement released by the Supreme Court.
Source: news.vice.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is good news.

I went through my own cancer dealio a few years back, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I remember the stress, fear, call it what you like, and what it did to me--lost pounds of weight, and I'm half her age for purposes of this discussion.

She's a tough ol' lady, but damn, she needs to retire. She won't though.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It appears that both you and Justice Ginsberg are tough as nails.
Congrats on WINNING your battle, Seagull!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wish I could take credit for fighting it... But by the time I realized there might be something wrong...I was already in remission.

It was still terrifying, but I didn't have to go through the horrors of chemo, or radiation, or both. For that, I'll always be eternally grateful...I recall lighting a couple of candles at the hospital chapel after I got my clean bill of health.

If she's half as tough as she seems, and to get where she got in that old boys club?? She's tough enough to kick cancers ass as often as it takes.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Her brain at that age is 100% on point and able to make important decisions?

McCain was worse, he was going through these horrible surgeries, had to be on multiple meditations.

You would think he ability to make important decision was blurred.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
January 12, 2019

I wonder if Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg feels that she will be able to continue working at "full steam"?

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has repeatedly said she will retire when she is no longer able to work “full steam” — a promise that could be put to the test this week — or soon after — with the 85-year-old justice sitting out oral arguments while recovering from cancer surgery.

Although Ginsburg said last summer that she hopes to serve until she is 90, she has been consistent about when it will be time for her to hang up the robe: "I said I will do this job as long as I can do it full steam,” she said on Dec. 17 at the New York City premier of “On the Basis of Sex,” a movie based on her early career. Five days later, Ginsburg underwent surgery to remove early-stage cancerous nodules and was hospitalized for several days.

Last February, Ginsburg used the same phrase during an event at the Adas Israel Congregation in Washington, D.C. “As long as I can do the job full steam, I will be here,” she said.

"I will retire when it's time," Ginsburg told NPR's Nina Totenberg in 2016. "And when is it time? When I can't do the job full steam.” She used the same "full steam" phrase on at least two other occasions.

If Ginsburg is serious about her repeated vow to step down if she is not fully robust, liberals could be facing a crisis in the judiciary sooner than they think.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Justice Ginsburg certainly has an affinity for the term "full steam". (Originated in the Steam Locomotive period.)

Some say Ruth Bader Ginsburg hasn't been "full steam" for several years.

I suppose only she knows when her energy and activity level no longer rises to HER definition of "full steam".

edit on 1/13/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
From the Ominous Files

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is now cancelling future scheduled appearances.

Source Article: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join