It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUTH B. GINSBURG says She is Staying on the Supreme Court to age 90...At Least.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump graciously apologized for the dog and pony show the Dems put on. Should be interesting to see what type of malarky comes out of the same mouths who cheered Obama's never ending American Apology tour.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What a beautiful moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We really do need balance on the supreme court just like we do in congress. We work better as a country that way.

We always have democrats and republicans in congress sometimes more democrats and sometimes more republicans. It works. When one party get's a little to crazy, we correct with the next election.

We need some liberal and some conservative voices on the supreme court as well as some women and some men. It gives it balance.

Imagine a supreme court..all male and all conservative. Or a supreme court all female, all liberal.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was afraid the old hobo lady wouldn't make it through the celebration.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well, the next one up will be Amy Coney Barrett, so I wouldn't worry much about Ginsberg's retirement removing women's voices and interests from the court.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm probably going to lose my right wing nutter card around here now...since that's the working assumption about me in some quarters.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, the next one up will be Amy Coney Barrett, so I wouldn't worry much about Ginsberg's retirement removing women's voices and interests from the court.

You know what I'm saying though, right? We need differing views to work as a country. If the whole government was liberal, it would suck. If the whole government was conservative, it would suck. It's clear from discussions here on ATS that most people don't understand that.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If the whole government was Constitutionalist, it would be amazing. Personally, I see the left side as the least Constitutionalist, therefore, no... I don't agree with you here.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We really do need balance on the supreme court just like we do in congress. We work better as a country that way.

No.

We need unbiased non-partisan judges who will interpret the law based on the foundations of the Constitution.

We don't need 4 leftist judges and 4 conservative judges and one swing judge.

That's ridiculous!

We have to stop legislating from the bench!

PERIOD!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need unbiased non-partisan judges who will interpret the law based on the foundations of the Constitution.

This^

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: amazing

No.

We don't need 4 leftist judges and 4 conservative judges and one swing judge.

That's ridiculous!

We have to stop legislating from the bench!

PERIOD!

And that would be perfect if that's how people actually worked. Instead, presidents appoint nominees who are clearly biased either to the left or to the right. The best judges never get nominated. So knowing this is how life really works, and that we're not going to get constitutional judges we need to make sure it's balanced between liberal/conservative judges until we figure out a better way to nominate judges.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

But more central to the theme of this thread, 85 year-old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared that she is staying on the Supreme Court at least to age 90.

Holy Walking Dead, Ginsburg is ONLY 85!? My Mom is that age and she looks and walks/talks in a much peppier and youthful fashion. Looks younger too

Why do you think the Libs made such a stink about Kavanaugh. Ginsberg is on an end of life death watch! She can hardly stay awake/alive.
edit on 9-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: shooterbrody
Trump graciously apologized for the dog and pony show the Dems put on.

I thought that was quite touching and highly appropriate. The Kavanaugh family was ABUSED by Democrats. But they're supposed to be a compassionate party? Give me a break!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

RBG has some kinda big tumor on her neck, there are imminent health issues for her near future. Her hatred of Trump clouds her judgement, she should spend her last few years with her family.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I was afraid the old hobo lady wouldn't make it through the celebration.

The comparison of Ginsburg's sad, foot-in-the-grave countenance, while sitting next to justices Thomas and Roberts last night at Kavanaugh's ceremonial swearing in, was very telling.

See Photo Here: www.rushlimbaugh.com...

RBG might be making herself even sicker.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

The MSM doesn't report it, cause it's too painful for them, but Ginsberg has been treated more than once in recent years for heart problems.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
RE: www.cbsnews.com...

Judging from her increased lethargy in recent appearances, I think Ruth Ginsburg's arteries are clogging up again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join