It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUTH B. GINSBURG says She is Staying on the Supreme Court to age 90...At Least.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Putting aside political concerns, she has survived colon cancer and pancreatic cancer (after getting treatment any normal person would not be able to get, since she's in the privileged class). If I understand what I've read right, she has about a 1 in 3 chance of dying from pancreatic cancer even though she survived. She is not in good health and bad health has an impact on peoples thinking. Probably why she broke ranks with tradition by becoming politically active and outspoken. Her critical thinking skills no longer allow her to contain her bias.

To expect her to make 90 would be a coin toss. To expect her to remain mentally capable of such power at that age is almost ludicrous. These justices do the entire country a disservice when they refuse to retire for political reasons and they don't have the best interest of the country at the forefront.

A rational solution would be to have mandatory retirement. Take it out of the political realm entirely.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That 'moderate' would have been to the left of Kennedy and would have voted with the liberal wing the vast majority of the time. It wasn't about fairness or altruism, but rather that Obama thought Merrick Garland might peel away enough GOP votes for confirmation in a GOP majority Senate, yet still be a fairly reliable liberal vote on the SC when it mattered.

Regardless, the fact that the selection of a new Supreme Court Justice can get people so upset...justifiably so, I might add...is strong evidence that our Supreme Court has too much power, period.
edit on 28-6-2018 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree. I'm conservative on 9 out of 10 issues, but I don't like the idea of a totally conservative SC. We need balance. No matter how impartial they're supposed to be, the SC justices are only human and their emotions influence their interpretations. 4 conservative, 4 liberal, and one wildcard who may go either direction is fair and more likely to return a truly just and impartial interpretation of law than a court which is stacked in either direction.

With Roberts being that wildcard I think the SC would be in the best position it has ever been.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No one should be able to have a permanent elected or appointed position , Times change and so does thinking .

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Ginsburg looks so frail you could probably turn her to ashes just by yelling boo to her. She looks like an extra on the show Walking Dead.

edit on 11-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: toysforadults
Ginsburg looks so frail you could probably turn her to ashes just by yelling boo to her. She looks like an extra on the show Walking Dead.

July 29, 2018
Don't let her frailty fool you! She reiterated again today, that she has AT LEAST 5 more years as Supreme Court justice. CNN was so relieved to hear her say it again.

Non CNN Link: www.wbtv.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And then she broke apart and died! There is already an Urn in her seat at the court!
edit on 30-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
here is the video of her interview

<< 1  2   >>

join