It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUTH B. GINSBURG says She is Staying on the Supreme Court to age 90...At Least.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
June 27, 2018

Today, Ms. Ginsburg issued a touching statement regarding Justice Anthony Kennedy, who announced he's retiring from the Supreme Court on July 31, 2018.

But more central to the theme of this thread, 85 year-old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared that she is staying on the Supreme Court at least to age 90.

Though she may be a bonafide octogenarian at 85 years old, Ginsburg has all but indicated that she will stay in her Supreme Court seat for years to come.

Consider the fact that she has already hired four full-time law clerks through 2020. By hiring these four people, Ginsburg is sending a solid message for the curious lot, that she's here to stay.

With Kennedy's retirement announcement today, public attention falls on Ginsburg, whose age might prompt concern about yet another justice leaving the ranks and opening the seat to more hardliner conservatives.

But Ginsburg has been clear about her plans. She told PBS that she would follow the plan of former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The late conservative justice retired at the age of 90.
Source: www.bustle.com...

So there you have it! Reassurance for liberals in America, and a warning to the conservative buzzards circling overhead. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in full control of her destiny, and is not going anywhere, until 2023 AT THE EARLIEST. (Age 90 in 2023)

Who's next in line to potentially retire, since Ginsburg is now off the table?

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/28/2018 by carewemust because: minor adjustments

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So she admits she will be retiring in Trump's second term.....

A Perfect Trifecta for the WIN!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do we really want 80 and 90 year olds to hold such seats of power?

She probably can't even legally drive.

Term limits for everyone.

That being said, some cloaked gentleman with a scythe might make the retirement decision for her.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

That being said, some cloaked gentleman with a scythe might make the retirement decision for her.

I agree I don’t think dementia should be a concern with judges of the highest court in the nation....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

She has connections in that realm too. Can't you tell by her looks and demeaner?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

I agree I don’t think dementia should be a concern with judges of the highest court in the nation....

Are Supreme Court justices required to take annual exams, like the President is?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Are Supreme Court justices required to take annual exams, like the President is?

I doubt it very much.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I hope she does...and I say that as not being a democrat, we need balance.

4 to 5 votes are actually good... Roberts a number of times has been influenced where the Conservatives have said WTF!!! I think that is good, these people are a hell of a lot smarter than any of us, so let the the 4 5 votes do their thing for the best of the nation.

edit on 28-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I doubt it very much.

I don't think there's any human authority who can legally oversee Supreme Court justices either. They could be possessed by a demon, and there's nothing we could do about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's crazy that the same MSM nutjobs who complained yesterday that Trump's Travel Restrictions was approved by a "severely fractured court", whined today that by the end of Trump's term, there could be too many conservative judges.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No however you would see a problem in their rulings if they became incompetent.

According to Article 124(4) and Article 124(5) of the Constitution which says,

“(4) A Judge of the Supreme Court shall not be removed from his office except by an order of the President passed after an address by each House of Parliament supported by a majority of the total membership of that House and by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members of that House present and voting has been presented to the President in the same session for such removal on the ground of proved misbehaviour or incapacity."

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Piece of cake.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree. I'm conservative on 9 out of 10 issues, but I don't like the idea of a totally conservative SC. We need balance. No matter how impartial they're supposed to be, the SC justices are only human and their emotions influence their interpretations. 4 conservative, 4 liberal, and one wildcard who may go either direction is fair and more likely to return a truly just and impartial interpretation of law than a court which is stacked in either direction.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Trump will come back with the Delorean and take her for a ride. Show her what will happen if she stays on. Damn that Almanac...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Trump will come back with the Delorean and take her for a ride. Show her what will happen if she stays on. Damn that Almanac...

I can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone draw a comparison between Biff and the POTUS someone get me 1.21 Gigawatts so I can uneat that burrito that’s making an unfortunate comeback.
edit on 6/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There is no guarantee she will live to 90. Sometimes life has other plans.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There is no guarantee she will live to 90. Sometimes life has other plans.

There's also a chance that Ginsburg could be busted before then. She wrote an opinion piece stating that the "age of sexual consent" should be lowered...to age 12.

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

She wrote an opinion piece stating that the "age of sexual consent" should be lowered...to age 12.

No she didn't. But you don't care about what she actually said, do you?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

She wrote an opinion piece stating that the "age of sexual consent" should be lowered...to age 12.

No she didn't. But you don't care about what she actually said, do you?

Page 521 on this government document indicates otherwise.
Link: www.gpo.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Page 521 on this government document indicates otherwise.

That document has 18 pages. (heh)

But all you care about is an out of context statement. I'm quite aware of that.

edit on 6/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join