It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin: ‘No Doubt’ Abortion Will Be Illegal In 20 States In 18 Months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I wouldn't be surprised if a movement came up from the GOP for the "sperm donor" to have an equal say in the abortion. Sure, it's the womans body the baby is growing in, and yes in some circumstances (such as rape) I agree with her having a choice.

I could actually see some "movement" coming about for this. Especially with the super feminist crowds that have been running rampant....it would be very fitting AND entertaining to see a movement by men wanting equal rights in the determination on the abortion of their child.

Like the woman wants to keep it and the sperm donor doesn't unless the woman signs full for responsibility of the child.

Crazy isn't it...

Two people have a one night stand and wind up preggers. Guy says he wants the baby and the woman says, no. She can abort without repercussion. Guy has ZERO say in the matter.

Two people have a one night stand and wind up preggers. Guy says he doesn't want the baby and the woman says she wants the child. In addition, she can then drag the guy to court and get half his pay check for the next 18 years even though he didn't want the child.

Women should have unfettered access to abortions, but if they choose to have the child, the father must agree to child support as a mutual decision before the mother has any claim to child support.

This would fix a whole lot of problems...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Even if Ginsburg also left and we had 6 pro life justices, the chances of a "full" reversal of Roe v Wade are very low. Even if a suitable case somehow came up for review, they'd also have to be willing to reverse settled law. So there may be two or three max out of six willing to do that despite their claims of being pro life.

Toobin is saying this as a dihonest scare tactic.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Abortion should always be a last resort.
I would be delighted if abortion were made illegal in all but edge cases. Yes, the black market for abortions would continue, but a few murder convictions for abortionists (mother and 'doctor') would help slow that pace.

Doubt Roe vs Wade will be overturned, though. There is no way the establishment will want 500,000 additional black babies born every year. Just think of all the illegal aliens jobs they would be taking when they grew up.
edit on 28/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

LINK

Well, that’s it the right-wing horde is coming.

Abortion rights will be gone soon for a woman in America and a lot of other rights.

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin had a grim response Wednesday to the news that Justice Anthony Kennedy will be retiring this summer: “Roe v. Wade is doomed.”
The 81-year-old justice, who has served on the U.S. Supreme Court for 30 years, was known as a swing vote on some issues. Now President Donald Trump will have the opportunity to place a more solidly conservative judge in Kennedy’s place, tilting the nation’s highest bench further in favor of Republicans.
Soon after Kennedy made his announcement, Toobin tweeted his prediction that abortion would be illegal in 20 states within 18 months.

Its interesting to watch the left worry that the world is now going to end because a conservative Supreme Court Justice, nominated by a conservative president, is going to be replaced by a conservative Supreme Court justice, nominated by a conservative president.

Conservative judge ... saving the left from Conservatives since 1988. What a legacy.
edit on 28-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
CNN is just another part of the extemist media.

Claims like this are set to incite anxiety, fear and anger, nothing more.

Abortion, even though many of us don't like the idea or the reality of it, is sometimes a necessary medical procedure.

There's really no way we can as a society outlaw the procedure completely. It's just not reasonable.

It will continue to be used, as it has been used, as a wedge issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

While I am pro life (My Libertarian streak that says the fetus is a human life and should have the right to LIFE, liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness), I don't see how the SCOTUS turns this back to a States right issue. That genie has left the bottle and I don't think it can be put back sadly. My Libertarian streak also says the Women has the ght to her decision as well, sad as that makes me when abortion is chosen.

It's a complicated Issue I see the gray area, but I wish to defend the defenseless when no one else does.

Tobin is just stirring up the hornets on both ends of the spectrum.

On a side note, with no abortions, I bet most Western Countries don't have a low birthrate problem anymore.
edit on 28-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Willtell

While I am pro life (My Libertarian streak that says the fetus is a human life and should have the right to LIFE, liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness), I don't see how the SCOTUS turns this back to a States right issue. That genie has left the bottle and I don't think it can be put back sadly. My Libertarian streak also says the Women has the ght to her decision as well, sad as that makes me when abortion is chosen.

It's a complicated Issue I see the gray area, but I wish to defend the defenseless when no one else does.

Tobin is just stirring up the hornets on both ends of the spectrum.

I'd say it would be worth while for the SCOTUS to over turn RvW so that the complicated Issue could be properly legislated on and then finally put to rest... but I agree SCOTUS (even a scary conservative one) won't have the guts to turn it over to Congress or the States.

Just as well I guess since our legislative bodies keep prooving they couldn't legislate their way out of a wet paper bag.

And to be clear; I dont care if others choose to abort their children ... it makes less competition for my children.
edit on 28-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join