It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin: ‘No Doubt’ Abortion Will Be Illegal In 20 States In 18 Months

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just couldn't enjoy a good thing while it lasted could ya?

You needed more.
It was never enough power.
Had to keep pushin the boundaries.
See how far you could get.
Gluttons...

Now you're in for a real struggle.

Has anyone ever studied strategy?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Are you under the impression that conservatives somehow forced Kennedy to retire, Muzz? It's not some grand strategy. Like someone said above; the timing is a little unfortunate because the leftists will pretend like it's all about abortion and squeeze it for all it's worth. Still don't think it will be enough though...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: muzzleflash

Are you under the impression that conservatives somehow forced Kennedy to retire, Muzz? It's not some grand strategy. Like someone said above; the timing is a little unfortunate because the leftists will pretend like it's all about abortion and squeeze it for all it's worth. Still don't think it will be enough though...

All they need is to mobilize a few extras in the right states and it's game over.

These elections have been neck to neck VERY close calls.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
After reading this posting and listening to what many are speculating the following can be stated:

Many would just love to see the overturning of Roe V. Wade, and there will be attempts. The saddest thing of all is those who want to see such overturned, have never really read the case file or history, nor to most understand that, everyone, from the President of the United States down to the homeless person on the streets, all enjoy some of the very protections that were in that case. And the reversal of that court decision would open up a legal door that would be abused, and used. And the only question would be who is going to be the first to use it.

This case, Roe V. Wade, was about more than abortion, it was fundamentally about the right of privacy, between a doctor and patient. That is what that case did for the country, apart from guaranteeing that abortion, but that no one, not the state, not anyone, could go and look into a medical procedure or force a doctor to disclose that of a patient to anyone, save the patient or the person who was representing the patient. If this case is overturned, then the legal protection that exists would be stripped, and now any one, can go through the courts, or even demand to see a person’s medical history, if they have a compelling interest, like say insurance company to verify if a person does or does not have a pre existing condition, or an employer who may want to cut cost and thus have a reason to let a person go, cause they have a medical condition that could cause their insurance to go up a bit more, like say high cholesterol. How much damage could be done with that information and who would exploit it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if a movement came up from the GOP for the "sperm donor" to have an equal say in the abortion. Sure, it's the womans body the baby is growing in, and yes in some circumstances (such as rape) I agree with her having a choice.

I could actually see some "movement" coming about for this. Especially with the super feminist crowds that have been running rampant....it would be very fitting AND entertaining to see a movement by men wanting equal rights in the determination on the abortion of their child.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: carewemust

I’m telling you if they criminalize abortion it may precipitate a political earthquake

Susan Collins is just one vote, the GOP will easily get the right-wing nominee through.

Trump will make sure he's against abortion. Its a done deal.

It's a done deal not done. Trump will get an "anti-abortion" nominee through but that doesn't mean they will overturn Roe-V-Wade. Roe-V-Wade is the Republicans biggest and longest lasting wedge issue getting out the "conservative" vote. Abortion is NOT the Republican's agenda. The agenda is to get pro-Corporation judges at every level. This way labor and consumers NEVER win any court cases against BIG business. Republicans don't care about abortion.

If Republicans cared about abortion they could pass a law outlawing abortion anytime. The Congressional and Executive branches of government are more powerful than the judicial branch. And don't give me this BS the Democrats in the minority would block the bill. The Republican majority are the ones who set the rules at the beginning of each session of Congress. Just make the rules a simple majority like they were for a 100 years.

Republicans could have certainly outlawed abortion from 2002 through 2008 when they controlled all branches of government just like they do now.

The new Supremes will not overturn Roe-V-Wade. They will be corporatist judges above every other consideration. Consumers and labor will continue to take it up the butt for another 30 to 40 years.

edit on 28-6-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I keep saying SC has too much power - a few guys with power equal to the other 2 branches of govt? That's way overpowered.

Anyways we need term limits. Like each SC judge can only sit for 3 yrs.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes. Right wing horde. OR!!!!!! Let's take away WIC, food stamps, any prenatal care. None of it should be paid by tax dollars. Why am I contributing to a bunch of useless non-viable cells just because someone WANTS it to become a human life??? It's like paying to raise puppies in case a kid wants one, except a puppy is a least a viable organism.

Or, yes, no abortions. Or, better yet, only you pay for abortions and you're forced to do so whether you like it or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes, and treat all of those things like any other crime. Sentence them to prison. Much like how one might if average Joe causes an accident resulting in the death (loose term) of an admittedly non viable meaningless group of cells purely on the basis that a woman decides she's ready to make make the leap from owning a small dog.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If Republicans cared about abortion they could pass a law outlawing abortion anytime.

No, they can't. The Supreme Court made that quite clear.

Republicans could have certainly outlawed abortion from 2002 through 2008 when they controlled all branches of government just like they do now.
Guess why they didn't?

edit on 6/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Look at the idiots salivating at the thought of this.
The hand maids tale is not a guide book.
# freedom eh?.
edit on 28-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

CNN and Liberals on anything Trump...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Now, now, calm down. I'm sure they're not going to ban abortions. They just want reasonable, common sense restrictions placed on it, and the definition of reasonable and common sense will be determined by conservatives who oppose abortion.

Not so much fun now, is it?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Can we put this silly dribble in the prediction forum? How is a completely improvable claim by some CNN contributor even remotely considered a "political issue?"

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Common sense suggests I don't equate rape to "having a baby". Just about every last person acknowledges a victim of rape should have a choice.

Here's another lefty however attempting to refute a general rule of thumb with the most extreme circumstance.

See, lefties can't grasp the grey area, the area between the black and the white. So when a more normal and common opinion suggests two consenting individuals fornicating should raise the baby they created instead of murder it, a lefty jumps in and says, well whatabout"ism" the illegal MS13 banger who raped the innocent woman in a dark alley on her way home from work.

As if that's what anyone's arguing about. And if I were to amuse myself with your argument, that most abortions and most opinions on abortions are a result of MS13 rapes, well it's then confounding you all want open borders and floods of illegals, ain't it.

Do these people not believe in the "spark of divinity" in all God's creatures. I thought that extended to MS 13 members who rape women too.....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They didn't overturn Roe vs. Wade then and they won't now. Unless they want a civil war. It is great to be pro-life. I myself am pro-life and I find it abhorrent that anyone would use abortion as a form of birth control.

But I am no one's God. I do not condone the taking of people rights through the law. The law should only be used to protect rights and protect people's free will from being challenged by another individual.

Our constitution and our government were not created with the intent of impeding the rights of the citizens but only preserving such rights that were deemed inalienable.

We can argue when a child has a right to life but we can not make such determinations for others regardless of what one thinks of moral high ground.

It is not my job to tell anyone what is virtous or moral. It is likely that Plato was correct in his assertion that no one can define these things for another.

It is because of this that although I am pro-life, as a law, I would choose freedom over my personal opinion.

Our founding fathers put everything on the line and many good men and women died fighting for freedom. Overturning Roe vs Wade would be spitting on their graves and making a mokery out of freedom while giving the US over to mob rule. At which point the constitution that our founding fathers fought for would be no better than a piece of trash.

Republicans are some of the furtherest from Christ.

John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

Unless they are willing to put their money where their mouth is I suggest they stop blaspheimng my God by claiming to follow him based on some moral high ground. I suggest they step down from the ground that only Jesus Christ deserves to stand on.

Freedom over mob rule is embodied in Roe vs. Wade and the right of Gay Marriage. Mob rule has no place in a free society.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I wouldn't be surprised if a movement came up from the GOP for the "sperm donor" to have an equal say in the abortion. Sure, it's the womans body the baby is growing in, and yes in some circumstances (such as rape) I agree with her having a choice.

I could actually see some "movement" coming about for this. Especially with the super feminist crowds that have been running rampant....it would be very fitting AND entertaining to see a movement by men wanting equal rights in the determination on the abortion of their child.

I've posited this before. That men should also have a say. My main reason is that women are the sole decision maker but at the same time they can force a man to pay child support for a kid he doesn't want.

I'm all for abortion being legal but I also believe in trade men should be able to opt out of childcare if a woman chooses not to abort.

My thinking is this would cut out a lot of the baby mama drama that is so rampantif women had zero financial incentive to have a child unwed.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Phage

They didn't overturn Roe vs. Wade then and they won't now. Unless they want a civil war. It is great to be pro-life. I myself am pro-life and I find it abhorrent that anyone would use abortion as a form of birth control.

But I am no one's God. I do not condone the taking of people rights through the law. The law should only be used to protect rights and protect people's free will from being challenged by another individual.

Our constitution and our government were not created with the intent of impeding the rights of the citizens but only preserving such rights that were deemed inalienable.

We can argue when a child has a right to life but we can not make such determinations for others regardless of what one thinks of moral high ground.

It is not my job to tell anyone what is virtous or moral. It is likely that Plato was correct in his assertion that no one can define these things for another.

It is because of this that although I am pro-life, as a law, I would choose freedom over my personal opinion.

Our founding fathers put everything on the line and many good men and women died fighting for freedom. Overturning Roe vs Wade would be spitting on their graves and making a mokery out of freedom while giving the US over to mob rule. At which point the constitution that our founding fathers fought for would be no better than a piece of trash.

Republicans are some of the furtherest from Christ.

John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

Unless they are willing to put their money where their mouth is I suggest they stop blaspheimng my God by claiming to follow him based on some moral high ground. I suggest they step down from the ground that only Jesus Christ deserves to stand on.

Freedom over mob rule is embodied in Roe vs. Wade and the right of Gay Marriage. Mob rule has no place in a free society.

Great post, you express my same sentiments, though very eloquently!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Shouldn't this remain between husband and wife or woman and the mated mate?

The man has absolutely no say in this matter...
If your significant other wants to kill your child you can't stop it.

It would just be to much to expect some people to be responsible for anything they do...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Like the woman wants to keep it and the sperm donor doesn't unless the woman signs full for responsibility of the child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join