It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamilton Nolan: This Is Just the Beginning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Very well said!

I would also point out two other truths.

First, most all of these nuts are either in Cali or NYC. They arent leaving their leftist refuges to blow up stuff in Kansas or Oklahoma.

Second, if they do blow something up or cause violence in Cali or NYC, who gives a rip?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Second, if they do blow something up or cause violence in Cali or NYC, who gives a rip?

You do realize that there are conservatives and moderates in Cali and NYC too?

We should give a rip because we're talking about our fellow Americans.

(Posts like this are a very minor example of our real problem.)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TonyS

You do realize that there are conservatives and moderates in Cali and NYC too?

We should give a rip because we're talking about our fellow Americans.

(Posts like this are a very minor example of our real problem.)

Yea......our "fellow Americans". Are they? Am I an American? What is an "American". Canadians are "North Americans" as are Mexicans. Central and South Americans are "Americans". Anybody who can afford a plane ticket and who overstays their tourist visa qualifies as an American. After 9/11, French Newspaper Headlines trumpeted, "We're All Americans Now".

I was just reading an article about the future of transportation in the big cities by an author who lives in NYC. She proudly proclaimed that she had lived her entire life in NYC as had her parents and grandparents. The way she wrote the piece, I came away with the impression that but for trips to Europe, she'd never much traveled OUT of NYC and she doesn't own an automobile. Is she an "American" or really more just a "New Yorker". Whatever in the world does she have in common with Joe the Plumber living in Fargo ND?

In a very real sense, what with Sanctuary cities, we're witnessing the deconstruction of the US into city states, and as those cities sprawl out, more like "Regional Metro States".

Maybe its time people woke up to this reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
These self proclaimed "elites" like to stir up the least intelligent on their side of the aisle.

What?! Liberal Arts is the scene of the true genius. Gender Studies 101 is like the equivalent of Rocket Science 909.

Just the other day on here I had a lefty tell me how Einstein would be a progressive SJW sort.

That person is behind the curve. It has been revealed that Einstein had double plus ungood thoughts about the Asians when he visited China and Japan. Therefore, he was racist and could not have been an SJW progressive sort.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah, Gryffie, here's the problem ... They say *American* but when they use that word, I do not think it means what they think it means and vice versa.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate!"

We aren't even speaking the same language in a lot of cases. Terms have been twisted and redefined so much that sometimes, one person can use a word and it doesn't even mean what it means for the other person!

How do you get across that gap?! A plain term like justice doesn't even mean the same to the two ideologies competing here, so we can't even talk very well about that.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

In a very real sense, what with Sanctuary cities, we're witnessing the deconstruction of the US into city states, and as those cities sprawl out, more like "Regional Metro States".

Maybe its time people woke up to this reality.

That is another thing all these people calling for civil war do not understand. If an actual civil war were to pop off tomorrow. Even if you can convince enough people to fight. Why do people think everyone in the country will split into two neat little sides? It will end up like Syria with so many sides no one can keep up with who hates who. And Syria is a tiny country compared to the United States of America. It is an illusion that the left is united or that the right is united on every issue. An illusion that allows people on either side to lump everyone on the other side together to make it easier to demonize them and score political points.

When people are calling for a civil war. All they are really calling for is chaos and the dissolution of the United States of America as a super power.
edit on 28-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: The tapeworm in my stomach was hungry

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
I think you've put your finger on a very real part of the problem. So many people in major cities--and a surprising number in smaller cities like Kansas City-- have never been further than the suburbs of their own city, and they simply have no idea what the rest of the country is like. They live in their own little kingdom and their only exposure to the rest of the U.S. is what they see in the news.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

True, but I see it evolving not into a "civil war" that would break up the US, but rather more as something of a reassertion of Federalism with the "regions" or States, more or less reasserting some of their authority, thus diminishing the adminstrative authority of the Federal government over the operations of the States/Regions/City States.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: TonyS
I think you've put your finger on a very real part of the problem. So many people in major cities--and a surprising number in smaller cities like Kansas City-- have never been further than the suburbs of their own city, and they simply have no idea what the rest of the country is like. They live in their own little kingdom and their only exposure to the rest of the U.S. is what they see in the news.

Very true; and their own little kingdoms operate in a way totally different from the way things go in FOC, (fly-over-country). And what they see in the news, they neither understand nor like. I don't know how this works out in the long term. I may well be wrong, but it appears to me that the Federal Government is becoming ever more impotent to impose anything resembling "unity" over the country.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First thing I had to do was look up who or what Hamilton Nolan was. With what appeared on the google search the answer seems to be some sort of Twitter Warrior styled “journalist” since really the only thing that came up was this topic.

Then I saw a picture of the guy and I said to myself “To pathetic to shoot if it came to it.”

Says it all really. Not even worth punctuating that statement with a fart.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join