It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamilton Nolan: This Is Just the Beginning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I'm old enough to remember the bombings to which this nutjob refers. I can assure you, there is no "other side" in such a war. Yes, over time a lot of those violent radicals from the '70s got caught and some were sent to jail. But in the interval between the deeds and the arrests, there was much anxiety in large cities. It was a very uneasy time.

So am I , vividly, but respectfully, these arent the same times either. Were a country thats been at war for almost 20 years now and has delt with even more home grown terror, terror abroad, and been struck on our on homeland, our tolerance for such will not be lenient, or drawn out.

You have to know at your age, that if something were to happen now in this day in age after all thats happened that the reaction would be swift and violent.

These people don't have a militia that they're going to march on Ft. Meade. They are straight up telling you what they have in mind by flashing the pictures from the '70s. Underground warfare.

Youre right , they are advocating for the same tactics that a LARGE number of our populace who have fought head to head over seas are familiar with, and know how to handle.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Infiltrators and instigators. Not always clear which side they are actually on.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: ketsuko

Really? we have right wingers calling for a purge on ATS.
The right has as many nutjobs who want to fight in the streets as much as the left.
All loonies.

We can do the whole sources thing about provided actual instances of people acting out from the left and the right in the last two years if you like, but I think youll know where that comparison will lead.

Neither side is right in advocating any such thing, and I stand by my statement that any man who has ever actually fought in war would never propose such a solution.

But there is no doubt , what so ever, that the majority of the violent rhetoric and ACTIONS are coming from the left.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

The right has as many nutjobs who want to fight in the streets as much as the left.
All loonies.

And the left has plenty too like the jackass inciting violence and not just on a forum where you expect nuts...
And for the record I am on the side of being against the extremists of either side and am wanting cooler heads to prevail.

I agree with you, with a caveat

They are calling for it OPENLY in the MEDIA, by both elected officials and people with a large audience, and they have the audacity to try and compare.

yes both extremes are wrong, but to try and pull this "well some people are doing it here" while a whole demographic is getting AIR play with no push back is preposterous........

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Infiltrators and instigators. Not always clear which side they are actually on.

They infiltrate both, who wouldnt thats how you foment insurrection.

Iran circa 1970 anyone?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You noticed.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

All loonies.

And the left has plenty too like the jackass inciting violence and not just on a forum where you expect nuts...
And for the record I am on the side of being against the extremists of either side and am wanting cooler heads to prevail.

I agree with you, with a caveat

They are calling for it OPENLY in the MEDIA, by both elected officials and people with a large audience, and they have the audacity to try and compare.

yes both extremes are wrong, but to try and pull this "well some people are doing it here" while a whole demographic is getting AIR play with no push back is preposterous........

That was my point with saying they’re not just posting these cries to arms on a semi-obscure forum. They are shouting louder and from higher pulpits.
edit on 6/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You noticed.

Of course, meanwhile, Iran is actually trying to push for another one

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well, this is a conspiracy site. And there's still some info on those early groups that is still sealed I believe. For National Security.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: Phage

Well, this is a conspiracy site. And there's still some info on those early groups that is still sealed I believe. For National Security.

Theres enough not sealed to know where its coming from, or at least a better than house odds idea

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I agree. Perhaps my grandchildren will be able to see the whole story. If the radicals don't bomb the buildings holding the info.

Hey, maybe you're right. It is a very different time. These nutjobs will be posting their plans on social media. They won't be able to resist the glory.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And people wonder why things might get this bad. Pick a side and point at the other one for all your problems, don't figure out what the solution is, just keep attacking one another.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

As I said, it's not on my worry list. But I can't flippantly dismiss the possibility.

Their goal is to cause turmoil and division. Scattered instances of violence will likely accomplish that goal. See, they don't really want to fix anything. They want to rant and break things and make people unhappy and afraid. Look at how long the Unibomber lasted before he was found.

Back in the '70s our utilities didn't rely on computers and satellites which are vulnerable to hacking. Apparently the discovery rate for some of our alphabet agencies isn't 100%.

I need to see Democrat candidates coming out strong and condemning this sort of rhetoric. The editorial pages of major publications need to shake their editorial fingers at these miscreants who are endorsing violence.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And that's why most people aren't doing anything except waiting for others to throw the punch.

We won't start it, but it's not like we're asleep to it as has been accused. It's not something anyone sane wants, but you'd have to be completely tone deaf to have missed the other side working itself up too. They're like that yappy little dog that may or may not try to bite you. Nothing to do but wait until they either back off or try to go for it. If you move on your own, then they maybe will decide to throw down with you after all. Otherwise, they may simply be full of bluff and bluster.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Blimey, you're falling to pieces aren't you.

Bush, Clinton and Obama, the heads of reason. There isn't an incredulous enough emoji for this situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
These self proclaimed "elites" like to stir up the least intelligent on their side of the aisle.

What?! Liberal Arts is the scene of the true genius. Gender Studies 101 is like the equivalent of Rocket Science 909.

Just the other day on here I had a lefty tell me how Einstein would be a progressive SJW sort.
edit on 28-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Blah blah blah. The last time the radical left went on a terror campaign. It caused a civil war.....Oh wait...It didn't? There was not a civil war in the extremely politically divided sixties and seventies? America made it through? Are we sure? I am pretty sure the leftist radicals of that era were actually bombing and killing people and they had a foreign super power backing them up.

But but Trump. But but Hillary. America has never been so divided. Rolls eyes. America has never been more connected. Which is why all these little problems get amplified into world ending scenarios. The internet has turned everyone into bored housewives gossiping about what nefarious activities the neighbors are up to.

Today we have too many bored and unhappy people talking biggly on the interwebs about how prepared and tough they are. Bunch of chicken littles on both sides who get to all cry the sky is falling in unison thanks to the internet. I think we should take the small numbers of people on both sides that actually jerk off/flick the bean every night over wanting a civil war(whether it is because they just get off on the thought of killing people or they think a civil war in this country will cause God to come and swoop them up into his arms) and put them on an Island and let them fight it out battle royale style. The one winner gets to come back and join society. They can get a job teaching a wilderness survival course.

If anyone on the radical left commits an act of terror. The feds will and should deal with it harshly. Just like when the pressure valve needs to be turned in the other direction again, and we get a Democrat President, some time after Trumps second term. The feds will deal with the radical right terror advocates that pop up. Atomwaffen should be built up to be a big enough threat by then to scare all the liberal chicken littles into giving up more of their rights. Because that is all this kind of stuff leads to. Americans losing more of their rights.

If the radical left starts a terror campaign and the radical right starts a terror campaign in retaliation. The middle, independents, and all the people who are not political at all, will cry out for protection. There are over 300 million people in this country. How many people post on here all day everyday about politics. A few hundred at best. Its always seems to be the same few dozen people arguing in circles. And guess what, those few dozen to a hundred people are on other sites too. Maybe even under different names. So the numbers of nutters calling for civil war seems inflated.

The actual amount of people who are politically aware enough to argue and care about this stuff, enough to argue back and forth and cry out about a civil war, are the minority. The Kardashians probably have more followers on social media than the amount of people who would radicalize themselves enough to form armies to fight a civil war. The truth is most people don't give a snip either way about politics. I always see the right and left on here arguing about which side has the most people and which side is the minority. The truth is both sides are the minority and the majority is apolitical.

Those people will welcome and cry out for the government to swoop in and declare marshal law. Which is where tit for tat "civil war" violent actions will end up. Not civil war but marshal law. Because this country does not have the stomach for an actual modern era civil war. This country did not even have the stomach for Vietnam, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Syria, and those happened far away from our comfortable lives.
edit on 28-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Are there any liberals in the USA anymore that aren't completely deranged and unhinged?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

May I delicately remind you of the recent past?

Last week, the right-wing media outlet Newsmax — which receives 4 million unique monthly visitors and 130,000 print subscribers — published a column by conservative author John Perry arguing that a military coup could “resolve” the “radical left…Obama problem.” After being widely criticized, Newsmax retracted the column.

Hmmm ... further, another "patriot" had this to say back in 2009 ...

Pulling our government down, pulling our President out, and putting him back where he should be […] [using] the right to bear arms, it’s in the Constitution. […] We need a coup, there needs to be a coup and if the United States military won’t do it, we’ll do it.

Another example of the same thing ...

One of the paying sponsors of the 9/12 anti-Obama rally in September was the National Association for Rural Landowners, a group that references the incidents at Waco and Ruby Ridge to call for attacks on “government entities” and liberals. In a YouTube video posted in July, the group makes the case for a secession, followed by a violent civil war.

Sourc e - Think Progress

My purpose here is not simple whataboutism ... but to say that the same rhetoric and worse happened under the Obama Administration ... and we're still here.

Folks should do all they can not to let the extremist media ramp us all up.
edit on 28-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This could have serious repercussions for the stock market. But frankly, I wont believe it till I see it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join