It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet justic is tough and swift

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I really had to comment on this since I use to have a lemonade stand when I was 8 years old. Sad story about the changing values toward children these days.

www.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I really had to comment on this since I use to have a lemonade stand when I was 8 years old. Sad story about the changing values toward children these days.

She should have tried some of her company's product before she got all up in the kid's face.

On another note, where were the valiant Internet watchdogs when I was a kid and getting yelled at by old men for doing kid stuff like cutting across lawns and stealin' apples?

Different times. Average people just can't interact anymore without somebody spinning it and making a huge deal of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
LOL hypocrite !!

Maybe she's "tinctured".

😃⚖😃

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

From what I found out the lady was not mad at the kid but the mom was truly obnoxious and she was annoyed.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But is internet justice always just?
I wonder what the ratio is between "Internet revenging innocent victims" and "Internet hounding innocent victims".

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've been pretty upset about all of this, not for this story, but for the overall premise...

Back a few years ago, we had a court case where the public didn't like the outcome, so they started a social media deal about it and ended up getting what they wanted.

That, bothered me greatly, because the public collectively knows jack about shight, that's a truth, mob mentality, does not breed intelligent thought nor rational action, and the public is now able to basically say, they know more than professionals, just because they're the loudest.

That should scare the shight outta you all, because we're going to have issues where things should or shouldn't be done, that will end up being reversed, because there was a hashtag behind it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is justice? Did that woman really deserve to have her career destroyed for being mean to some kid? Do we really have to watch every little thing we do and say, just in case a clip (possibly out of context) gets online and people decide to decimate our reputations and careers.

No, I don't believe this is justice.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ettel must not use her own ex-company's product because it seems like she'd be a lot more chill and be liking the idea of some o' that sweet lemonade.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Do we really have to watch every little thing we do and say, just in case a clip (possibly out of context) gets online and people decide to decimate our reputations and careers.

Yes, from now on you won’t be able to threaten to call the police on an 8-year old for selling water, how awful.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The details really change this story. The mother was yelling at people to buy the water for hours outside this woman's office window. I'm not so sure the real story is not the mothers bad behavior and trying to spin it to protect herself. I wonder who's pocket the money was going in? It may not have been the little girl, no way to tell.

Either way, Internet justice is in no way justice. Get mad at someone, make a video only showing one side and then destroy that person with a lie. All that will lead to is innocents being hurt and bad people turning into celebrities, when they should be facing civil action for defamation.
edit on 6/27/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ettel didn't have a permit to sell dog pot either (it's not approved for use on dogs). That's some irony there.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

www.aol.com...

What did I learn here?

AOL still exists

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Everyone here who has ever in their lives, in the heat of anger said something they wish they had not said or said it badly enough it was misunderstood, raise your hands. My hand is up.

Everyone here who has ever done something dumb while angry, raise your hands. My hand is up.

Now imagine doing it when someone who does not like you has their cell phone recording ....

All the perfect people who never say or do anything wrong, stand up. I'm sitting down.
edit on 6/27/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Everyone here who has ever in their lives, in the heat of anger said something they wish they had not said or said it badly enough it was misunderstood, raise your hands. My hand is up.

Everyone here who has ever done something dumb while angry, raise your hands. My hand is up.

Now imagine doing it when someone who does not like you has their cell phone recording ....

All the perfect people who never say or do anything wrong, stand up. I'm sitting down.

Moral of the story ?
Dont get angry . That emotion is self-destructive.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Good point.

On the other hand, was it her job to confront them on this? She could have avoided the entire controversy by calling the authorities from her office. But it seems she felt the need to take matters into her own hands.

Now she's stepped into a pile of dog # without shoes because she decided to take matters into her own hands. I find it hard to sympathize with her.

Nobody was dying.
edit on 27-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Here is the thing.

A person does need law to protect them from certain things. Companies with improper working conditions, improper safety and quality control measures... but the law should not be used in a way which stifles the drive, imagination and self reliance of the young. This child had a very responsible, rational and adult thought process behind her, when she put up that stand. She knew her mother had just lost her job, but also the little girl wanted to go to Disneyland. Rather than either give up on her dreams, or make her mother responsible for making them come true, she tried to do something for herself, to make something happen off her own back.

That is the EXACT sort of drive, charisma and gumption that people keep telling those with very little, or nothing, that they must develop for themselves to make their dreams come true. This little kid was not bottling up tens of thousands of gallons of product in a mold infested warehouse. She was making an effort to bring home a result, thats all, doing what society told her was the right thing. How many times do we hear folk complaining that "These kids today, they don't understand! When WE wanted something, we damned well worked for it!" ?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I hear this all the time! Its the main complaint against those who have little or nothing, that the reason they don't is ONLY because they are lazy, rather than accepting that society has any part to play in the availability of work or opportunity... And this little kid is living proof, that no matter how much drive you have, if you encounter some people, they will make every attempt to put a boot across your neck.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I second your reply.

there are and will always be individuals and groups with perverse intentions. sociopathic asshats make me smile upon confrontation. the key is to keep smiling while sequentially grinding your adversary down.

f

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mate you'd be surprised, the kids see what's wrong with adults too haha. It goes both ways.

Skills I use for the internet:

- context awareness
- non-emotional commitment
- humour as a skew, not a punchline
- dark, dark memories
- and more probs...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Do we really have to watch every little thing we do and say, just in case a clip (possibly out of context) gets online and people decide to decimate our reputations and careers.

Yes, from now on you won’t be able to threaten to call the police on an 8-year old for selling water, how awful.

Well, why stop there? I say we tar and feather her too.

A guy cut me off today on my way to work, what extreme punishment do we give him in this mob mentality style justice?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm not actually sympathizing, just playing the devils advocate here. I suspect the truth is they were both out of line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join