It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you proud to be an American? do you get offended when others are not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i ask this because some of the comments i have been reading on here. the usual "i am proud to be an American" comments which i sort of understand but not really. i have read comments by people that say they are offended that others are not.
i dont understand it.

let me start by answering my own question. i am not proud to be an American. you should take pride in something you earned. something you accomplished. pride at your child's accomplishments because you brought them up and taught them well. those are things to be proud of.

as for being an American. i am ecstatic that i am an American. i feel lucky and fortunate i was born here and not the congo.

if john doe whoever says he is not proud to be or not happy to be or hates to be an American i take no offense to that.
why would i?

to be fair i am pretty awkward in general and have a hard time with social niceties and constructs. i have a hard time with normal average feelings.

so my lack of feeling proud could very easily be i just dont understand that concept.

so please help me understand

please keep in mind these are all honest questions because i want to understand a concept i clearly have a hard time with.

i put it in the mudpit because i have a feeling im gonna get lampooned for the thread so might as well put it here.

thanks

edit on 27-6-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you hold a green card, one should just be as proud as an American to live and work in America.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If you hold a green card, one should just be as proud as an American to live and work in America.

ok. sure
i dont have a green card though. not talking about that

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm proud to be an American and proud of America. Those who aren't have the freedom to leave. That's another benefit of being an American.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The best thing about being an American is that anyone can be one no matter where you're from.

We can be proud of that.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I only have one country to live in, and that is the United States of America! I love my country hate my corrupt government. I have no other country to go to and to be honest I would rather die fighting for my country than be a coward like so many the globalists are trying to overwhelm my country with to destroy it.

My suggestion to any one who hates this country who was born here is to grow the hell up and realize how lucky you are, or pack your bags and leave!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have spent the majority of my adult life serving the country, I have deployed to combat areas, and I have rushed to an area of the US that was slammed by natural disaster and helped alongside many fellow Americans.

Both in the war zone and in the natural disasters, color didn't matter, religion didn't matter we stood shoulder to shoulder and got the job done no matter the obstacle.

I have seen some of the absolute best America has to offer and some of the worst, (a family friend sexually assaulting my niece), or when working a bad job before I joined the military we had to enter a small predominantly black town in Georgia and we got shot at... for being white.
I've also laughed a Klansmen that tried to recruit me and my friends, I have a friends that's pretty much a racist... yet he has some black friends and when you bring it up he just laughs and says naw… they aint black they just got a dark tan.

We are a weird, mixed up group of people in this country, and when we pay no attention to the puppet master, and instead talk to each other we are still capable of mighty things in the world.

Or maybe I am just to stupid to see everything is lost.

ETA: Forgot to mention, overall I don't care if someone isn't proud to be an American... but if you are in politics, or someone making millions (movie stars, sports figures) and want to ramble on about how bad America is I will vote against them, or use my minor amount of leverage as a consumer and not support their work.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The best thing about being an American is that anyone can be one no matter where you're from.

We can be proud of that.

Yeah, more than ever since the Trump-"U"SA.

You need to mark sarcastic comments with a sarcasm sign, some people don´t get it otherwise.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The US is no less welcoming today than it was before Trump.

You just don't like that we are actually enforcing the law now.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If tomorrow all the things were gone
I worked for all my life
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife
I thank my lucky stars
To be living here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
From the lakes of Minnesota
To the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas
From sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston
And New York to L.A.
Where's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say
That I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
And I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Only responsible for my feelings, dont gaf how others feel about anything tbh, that's their own device, you can do anything, be anything, be any level of happy you wish if you choose to.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Freedom Costs a Buck O'Five.

Literally.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

are you proud to be an American? do you get offended when others are not?

Which America are you referring to? Like North American or South American.

I think we should take the American part away from those that live below the equator because they aren't like us.
Some of them don't even wear shoes.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
nationalism is racism in different robes. I detest nationalism.

Im happy to be American, but not proud. In fact, im not proud of much of what others are proud of as it tends to simply be modern half men resting on the laurels of men who, compared to us, were giants. its a stolen honor that we have not earned in a couple of generations.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm proud to be an American and proud of America. Those who aren't have the freedom to leave. That's another benefit of being an American.

Thanks for answering none of my questions

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Could you please define what an American is?

Besides birth location.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
nationalism is racism in different robes. I detest nationalism.

Im happy to be American, but not proud. In fact, im not proud of much of what others are proud of as it tends to simply be modern half men resting on the laurels of men who, compared to us, were giants. its a stolen honor that we have not earned in a couple of generations.

Thanks man.
Same. Happy. Lucky. Not proud

I want to know why people are proud when it's really a luck situation

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Could you please define what an American is?

Besides birth location.

My definition would be someone born here. Citizen by rights.
I know people come over and become a citizen so them too I guess

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What is ok to be proud of OP?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: projectvxn

We can be proud of that.

Yeah, more than ever since the Trump-"U"SA.

You need to mark sarcastic comments with a sarcasm sign, some people don´t get it otherwise.

The question is , "Are you proud to be an American ? " . You know , US citizen....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join