It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Court Opening Terrorizes Me, President Trump’s Legacy on the Line...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I would appreciate Andrew Napolitano, but that would never happen. I listen to him every Wednesday on a local station, and in general, the dude is even-keeled and focused on how the constitution applies, even if it goes against his personal beliefs.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You would be surprised to find out how closely it seems we agree with each other in essence if not in form.

I've been saying since high school that "you don't end discrimination by discrminating." I didn't realize it, because identity politics was not fully formed yet, but I was against the concept even then.

American citizens should have all legal rights AND responsibliities that all citizens have without reference to their race, creed, national origin, sexual preference, etc.

Have you ever thought about how STUPID it is that we classify people legally by their sexual orientation? That's because it was equally STUPID to treat gay people like second-class citizens with targetted legislation, etc.

Let's just have equal rights before the law for EVERYONE period and move on.

Marriage should be a matter for religion.

Civil unions should be a matter of legal distribution of property rights, famililal authority, etc.

I have zero issue with as many people forming a civil union as can stand each other.

Viablilty is a decent marker for personhood for lack of a more scientific criteria.

I don't see increasing individual freedoms and taking steps to insure that EVERYONE is equally protected as going backward ... in fact, I see it as truly and genuinely progressive.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

"Forward" and "backward" is an illusion propped up by our currently long/good run on planet Earth. The reality is Trump is less of a danger to humanity, even at his worst, than disease and space rocks slamming into the planet.

That said, im concerned about Trumps pick, too. I think Bush completely blew it with his laughable efforts, and thought Sotomayor was just not a decent fit.

Im afraid Trump is going to put a crony in there that has no place in the judiciary.

Women's freedoms are not an illusion - - that's reality.

I'm a major supporter of Separation of Church and State - - that's very questionable in current decisions IMO.

LGBTQ+ should be included Federally in Civil Rights - - I see that sliding backwards.

As far as Space - - IMO Trump is too self centered to really push Space Exploration - - no matter what's he's said and done.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A woman's right over her own body is one thing. Her right to kill a separate person (the fetus growing there) is where the problem is.

Here's a thought experiment:

Back in the Korean War, they understood blood transfusions, but couldn't store blood without it turning into a giant scab. The only way they could do a transfusion was put a donor in a high bed, insert an IV, and put the recipient on the floor, letting blood flow from the donor downhill to the person in crisis.

So, imagine that as a soldier in the Korean War, you wake up in a hospital ward. You discover an IV in your arm---they plugged you in, while unconscious, to a gravely ill soldier upon whom they are operating right this moment. He's on the floor and the doctors surround him, working feverishly to close his wounds.

Do you have the right to pull out the IV tube, thus killing the unconscious soldier that depends on you for life? After all, you didn't consent to be a blood donor; you didn't consent to share your life-force with some unconscious stranger...

So, in the same of "controlling his own body," the donor soldier wants to yank out the IV. Should we as a society allow that?

It really is a moral question. Abortion is a moral question. Does a mother's right to her own body integrity trump the right of a baby, who will probably grow up and be born into a full-fledged human if she can successfully dodge the doctor's trochar?

When it is a question of withdrawing life support at the hospital, do we say, "hmmm. Let's have a teenage girl with no ethics training make that choice?" No, the hospital assembles an ethics committee who talks with the next of kin about whether they even CAN ethically withdraw life support. But that next of kind doesn't have total say unless there's a durable power of attorney for healthcare in place. And even then, the ethics committee decides the limits of what's ethical....

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

And more than anything hopes he stays out of peoples bedrooms...
a reply to: whyamIhere

And while you wait you can head over to your local pride parade and see a vulgar display of fetish gear, cross dressing and public nudity they tore out of their sacred bedrooms and shoved into everyone faces.

i hope the do overturn R v W i fully support that idea, and you can go back to playing mental gymnastics to try to convince yourself your its not alive and your not a murder.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

And while you wait you can head over to your local pride parade and see a vulgar display of fetish gear, cross dressing and public nudity they tore out of their sacred bedrooms and shoved into everyone faces.

i hope the do overturn R v W i fully support that idea, and you can go back to playing mental gymnastics to try to convince yourself your its not alive and your not a murder.

You do realize, you are specifically what OP is concerned about ... don't you?

I'm actually getting very elated over all this. LOL.

Keep it going ... are you sure that it's enough to keep women from having abortions? Don't they need to be taught a lesson to get back in the home and take care of those kids? Stop trying to act like men and run things?

Not to mention, how about all those uppity folks always making everything about racism, huh? Aren't you tired of that too? We ought to go backward to the way things used to be ... right? What'dya think ... circa 1950?

Bring it on!!!

edit on 27-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
This scares me...

Every single time the Republicans get power they blow it.

They switch from the economy, what they do extremely well.

To Social issues where they look like the rich white guys club.

They convince themselves the are the moral majority.

The White Guy Club will attack abortion and look ridiculous.

I hope these guys understand it truly is “the economy stupid”.

People don’t want to be told how to live their lives.

This is why I am fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

I hope Trump keeps some balance on the Court.

I hope Trump keeps laser beam focus on the economy.

I hope he continues his foreign policy.

Republicans and economy..maybe you arent old enough to experience Ronald Reagan, one of the worse presidents ever, but surely you remember "The Great Recession" the next under GW Bush.

The Trump legacy is racism and incompetence, plus nepotism and corruption.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Keep it going ... are you sure that it's enough to keep women from having abortions? Don't they need to be taught a lesson to get back in the home and take care of those kids? Stop trying to act like men and run things?

you forgot the sandwiches
someone has to make the sandwiches

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Republicans and economy..maybe you arent old enough to experience Ronald Reagan, one of the worse presidents ever,

I'm old enough to remember Stag-flation (economic stagnation coupled with excessive price inflation). And a 21% prime interest rate. So, yeah; I'm old enough to remember Jimmy Carter.

Reagan carried 49 out of 50 states in his 1984 re-election campaign. Because Ghost-of-Reagan still beats every living candidate in opinion polls.

I remember when it was Morning In America.

edit on 27-6-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

you forgot the sandwiches
someone has to make the sandwiches

I knew I could depend on you Shooter!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

I choose not to walk over to that pride parade.

Hence, I don’t care what they do.

Now, abortion is a different question.

Abortion is an intensely personal matter.

As a man who is never going to have a child.

I couldn’t possibly put myself in that position.

However, I would never want to force a person to have a child.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This will not be a popular concept for most of you, but, perhaps the constitution needs revisiting at this time. Our country is steadily moving toward another terrifyng division that could and most likely would damage America, forever.

We are not one nation, indivisible, anymore. We have poor, divisive, possibly internationally influenced and paid off representatives of the people and culturally and criminally getting more and more divisive.

It hurts me to write this but this is how I feel and have felt for quite awhile and I don't think I am alone.

The only solution that I can see on a grand scale is inclusiveness for all Americans. Equality for all Americans and the freedoms that were originally intended.

I am thin skinned but feel free to attack-I expect it.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Awww ... you spoiled it.

It's not that the Constitution "needs" revisiting right now ... but if the trend continues toward extremism ... we will see a counter-balance.

Demographics are shifting. States can call a Convention, and the States will ratify.

Like I tried to tell some of our exuberent, extremist friends ... be careful what you ask for ... when the gods wish to drive you mad, they answer all your prayers.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I don't see increasing individual freedoms and taking steps to insure that EVERYONE is equally protected as going backward ... in fact, I see it as truly and genuinely progressive.

The sad thing is it's like the establishment (both parties) are playing a zero sum game with the American people, and we both agree that wasn't the way this was intended to go when this country was founded.
"OK, we're going to give you the Civil Rights Act, we're going to let marriages be between any two consenting adults, and we're going to allow women to have on-demand abortions.... but you're going to give us the Patriot Act, Stop and Frisk, further erosion of 2nd Amendment Rights and, just for good measure, we're going to start this thing called "Free Speech Zones" within which you're allowed your 1st Amendment rights, but outside of which you're gonna find yourself in chains if we say so." They've taken two infinite concepts: freedom and liberty, and transformed them into units of volume measurement... "If we add these 'new' liberties to the bucket, it's gonna overflow, so we better pour out a couple of these old ones first."

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere president Trump will be keynote speaker at a rally tonight at 8 p.m. eastern time in Fargo North Dakota. Let's see what he has to say there.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What, exactly, did I spoil?

The extremeism is real and divisive and very dangerous. The present Constitution is being destroyed by the Supremes and interpreted by all 3 branches according to their orders from their superiors. Everyone buys everyone and everyone is in a big fight. We are no longer a united states (small caps intended.)

We are controlled by big money and I mean that internationally. A World War has an unlikelyhood of occurring as the world would be fighting itself.

As the world turns (I love saying that) the Bilderbergs and others make the rules to control us little people and find more ways, as acceptable to us little people as possible, to continue to gain more and more money and power. Unfortunately, most of us little people are totally unaware of the erosion of our lives that continues to take place.

Just comparisons of 50 years ago to today might wake some people up. Yes, we need a global revolt. There, I said it. God help me.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

The future.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Absolutely.

It’s the Pushmi-pullyu of American politics.

Spot on. And given all that sound and fury ... how much actually changes for the better?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Absolutely.

It’s the Pushmi-pullyu of American politics.

Spot on. And given all that sound and fury ... how much actually changes for the better?

None changes, and I think one reason why none changes is due to our friend "balance," which brings us full circle and to why I'm hoping this court goes heavily on it's right side. FDR was (almost unarguably) the POTUS who made the most fundamental changes to America during his presidency. While I despise the guy and disagree with almost all he did, I have to marvel at how he did it and admit that it was a work of brilliance performed entirely outside of the realm of placating the opposition (including the average citizen.) That's what it will take to change things now... a period in which a single unified voice rules the country, makes the changes they believe are needed, and then keeps their authority until those changes are ingrained to the point that they're no longer things which can be scaled back. Balance is why we see some rights and freedoms sold in exchange for new ones rather than a simple "You want this, and it's right for you to have this, here JOIN THE REST OF AMERICA enjoying this freedom alongside you."

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The second amendment is safe for my kids!!! Go TRUMP MAGA baby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join