It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Complex Organic Molecules Discovered on Enceladus For The First Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

And then there's silicon based life that survives a vacuum,

Silicon-Based Life May Be More Than Just Science Fiction
www.nbcnews.com...

Still, researchers have long speculated that alien life could have a completely different chemical basis than life on Earth. For example, instead of relying on water as the solvent in which biological molecules operate, perhaps aliens might depend on ammonia or methane. And instead of relying on carbon to create the molecules of life, perhaps aliens could use silicon.

Carbon and silicon are chemically very similar in that silicon atoms can also each form bonds with up to four other atoms simultaneously. Moreover, silicon is one of the most common elements in the universe. For example, silicon makes up almost 30 percent of the mass of the Earth's crust and is roughly 150 times more abundant than carbon in the Earth's crust.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
could mucus be used as a prophylactic against germs?

From what I understand that's its primary function, besides lubrication.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

not exactly that, the ufo phenomena is actually a entity wich transcends dimensions

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

not exactly that, the ufo phenomena is actually a entity wich transcends dimensions

Does that make them inter-dimensional?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

more or less yes

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

a reply to: DupontDeux

And then there's silicon based life that survives a vacuum,

Silicon-Based Life May Be More Than Just Science Fiction
www.nbcnews.com...

Still, researchers have long speculated that alien life could have a completely different chemical basis than life on Earth. For example, instead of relying on water as the solvent in which biological molecules operate, perhaps aliens might depend on ammonia or methane. And instead of relying on carbon to create the molecules of life, perhaps aliens could use silicon.

Carbon and silicon are chemically very similar in that silicon atoms can also each form bonds with up to four other atoms simultaneously. Moreover, silicon is one of the most common elements in the universe. For example, silicon makes up almost 30 percent of the mass of the Earth's crust and is roughly 150 times more abundant than carbon in the Earth's crust.

That tells me how biological life forms could have evolved and learned to eat insane chemicals on other worlds such as Earth and then was ejected into space and eventually landed on Enceladus.

Please explain to me in detail how life could beginon Enceladus? Or is that not your argument?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

from the article

in contrast, directed evolutionary strategies use living organisms to create molecules and generally avoid chemistry that would prove harmful to life.)

you wrote

. I don’t see that happening given the extreme conditions there. It would be much more likely that it was seeded so to speak. Earth or a similar place being struck by an asteroid blasting chunks into space containing microbial life then eventually land on Enceladus and adapting seems to me to be a more likely scenario.

wiki Panspermia:

Panspermia (from Ancient Greek πᾶν (pan), meaning 'all', and σπέρμα (sperma), meaning 'seed') is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by space dust, meteoroids, asteroids, comets, planetoids, and also by spacecraft carrying unintended contamination by microorganisms

What if the "elders" have moved on to another dimension and this universe is their "crèche"?

What if before evolution of non-plant matter takes place, animal life has to be seeded?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Please explain to me in detail how life could beginon Enceladus? Or is that not your argument?

Whats up with Saturn?

www.goodreads.com...

Comment about Bergruns book

Owlseyes added it
Some expressions of the British conspiracy theorist D. Icke led me to read this book. Of Icke, I point these: (1) Saturn was once the prime sun --a dwarf star-- of the earth, with no rings (2) there’s a giant electromagnetic phenomena going on in Saturn (including radio emissions) that can explain the “Saturn and Moon matrix": a gigantic system broadcasting the “reality” humanity perceives. Of course, I didn’t find a total (even partial) corroboration of Icke’s views; just some interesting facts

"Saturn was once the prime sun --a dwarf star"

saturndeathcult.com...

The Saturn Death Cult is an investigation into ancient planetary upheavals that heralded the birth and destruction of a fabled Golden Age following which mankind then degenerated into the obsessive pursuit of wealth and power through the perverted horrors of slavery, child sacrifice and mass-murder rituals.

saturndeathcult.com...
The literal and physical journey the planet Saturn has taken from being a brown dwarf star and Earth’s original sun to its subsequent banishment to the outer reaches of our current solar system is the story of the known Ages of Man according to the mythological, esoteric and occult traditions.

This story has become the basis for secretive mystery schools and warped theologies, sex and blood-based rituals and alchemically-driven sciences and arts. It is the force behind the continuing struggle between those ‘of the Blood’ and those ‘of the Earth’

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

from the article

in contrast, directed evolutionary strategies use living organisms to create molecules and generally avoid chemistry that would prove harmful to life.)

you wrote

. I don’t see that happening given the extreme conditions there. It would be much more likely that it was seeded so to speak. Earth or a similar place being struck by an asteroid blasting chunks into space containing microbial life then eventually land on Enceladus and adapting seems to me to be a more likely scenario.

wiki Panspermia:

Panspermia (from Ancient Greek πᾶν (pan), meaning 'all', and σπέρμα (sperma), meaning 'seed') is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by space dust, meteoroids, asteroids, comets, planetoids, and also by spacecraft carrying unintended contamination by microorganisms

What if the "elders" have moved on to another dimension and this universe is their "crèche"?

What if before evolution of non-plant matter takes place, animal life has to be seeded?

Where does the “seed” come from?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Whats up with Saturn?

www.goodreads.com...

Comment about Bergruns book

Owlseyes added it
Some expressions of the British conspiracy theorist D. Icke led me to read this book. Of Icke, I point these: (1) Saturn was once the prime sun --a dwarf star-- of the earth, with no rings (2) there’s a giant electromagnetic phenomena going on in Saturn (including radio emissions) that can explain the “Saturn and Moon matrix": a gigantic system broadcasting the “reality” humanity perceives. Of course, I didn’t find a total (even partial) corroboration of Icke’s views; just some interesting facts

"Saturn was once the prime sun --a dwarf star"

saturndeathcult.com...

The Saturn Death Cult is an investigation into ancient planetary upheavals that heralded the birth and destruction of a fabled Golden Age following which mankind then degenerated into the obsessive pursuit of wealth and power through the perverted horrors of slavery, child sacrifice and mass-murder rituals.

saturndeathcult.com...
The literal and physical journey the planet Saturn has taken from being a brown dwarf star and Earth’s original sun to its subsequent banishment to the outer reaches of our current solar system is the story of the known Ages of Man according to the mythological, esoteric and occult traditions.

This story has become the basis for secretive mystery schools and warped theologies, sex and blood-based rituals and alchemically-driven sciences and arts. It is the force behind the continuing struggle between those ‘of the Blood’ and those ‘of the Earth’

Nothing much. Jupiter is much bigger than Saturn so why Saturn instead of Jupiter?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Heh...

People often think that science is always about seeking answers. More often than not, its about learning how to properly frame a question, and sometimes, when things are at their most interesting, its about discovering which new question must be asked next!

Its a hell of a time to be alive!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

from the article

you wrote

wiki Panspermia:

This has an eerie ring of truth to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Where does the “seed” come from?

An elder race that was dying or moved into another Universe? Who knows. When we create a heirloom seed or hybrid we keep a copy tucked away for safekeeping.

Maybe the "seeders" were even attacked by other forces.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Nothing much.

Well there are ideas worth thinking about -

Jupiter is much bigger than Saturn so why Saturn instead of Jupiter?

If you glanced at the links its suggested that Saturn was the original sun of this solar system. I don't know how it all ties in but some say there is an earth moon - Saturn connection with a "soul harvesting machine"

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 2-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

its about discovering which new question must be asked next!

Totally agree with you on which questions need to be asked. We however may never get the full picture or the end goal if we aren't given enough "truths".

With the UFO phenomena it seems that it has been co-opted since the '50's by compartmentalized factions with-in the State as a useful distraction in order to carry out "high tech" experiments in weaponry or humans.

Sure is, even though they may not have the "common mans" best interest's in mind.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Nothing much.

Well there are ideas worth thinking about -

Jupiter is much bigger than Saturn so why Saturn instead of Jupiter?

If you glanced at the links its suggested that Saturn was the original sun of this solar system. I don't know how it all ties in but some say there is an earth moon - Saturn connection with a "soul harvesting machine"

Sorry for not looking into your links and such beforehand, however I did eventually look into your post and read a little about the book and hence your theory (or shall I say the authors) and ...... okay I’m gonna buy the book, it is definitely intriguing. Thanks for your ATS style tidbit.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Wow, Electric Universe "theory" is even crazier than I thought! That rabbit hole is going really deep.

It's not possible for a Solar System object to be constanly positioned over the Earth's north pole, is it?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

It's not possible for a Solar System object to be constanly positioned over the Earth's north pole, is it?

Not sure what you mean with your comment. This is from wiki about geostationary satellites.

Geostationary satellites have a geostationary orbit (GEO), which is 36,000 kilometres (22,000 mi) from Earth’s surface. This orbit has the special characteristic that the apparent position of the satellite in the sky when viewed by a ground observer does not change, the satellite appears to "stand still" in the sky. This is because the satellite's orbital period is the same as the rotation rate of the Earth. The advantage of this orbit is that ground antennas do not have to track the satellite across the sky, they can be fixed to point at the location in the sky the satellite appears.

From here. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

This is another link i found today.

www.livescience.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join