It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Kennedy retiring from Supreme Court

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This is super great news! Finally we can get rid of all the awful crap that was ruining America, like:

1.) complete roll-back of abortion and women's health rights in general
2.) reversal of non-heterosexual rights and protections
3.) anything related to protecting the environment and/or limiting climate change
4.) further entrenching private prisons and detainment without due process
5.) any Net Neutrality cases will be automatic wins for big telcoms basically forever
6.) states will be free to limit voting however they see fit for at least a generation (no more pesky minorities voting)
7.) workers rights are gone (people are assets of the company to be used as the company see's fit)
8.) consumer rights are gone

So much winning I can't help but think we're headed for the promised land folks!

You forgot child-labor laws.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

www.reuters.com...

The Republican-led Senate can be expected to push to have the new nominee confirmed and on the court before the justices begin their next term in October.

They won't even get a chance to win in nov before the new judge is confirmed.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: UKTruth

www.reuters.com...

The Republican-led Senate can be expected to push to have the new nominee confirmed and on the court before the justices begin their next term in October.

They won't even get a chance to win in nov before the new judge is confirmed.

Happy Days.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This is super great news! Finally we can get rid of all the awful crap that was ruining America, like:

3.) anything related to protecting the environment and/or limiting climate change
5.) any Net Neutrality cases will be automatic wins for big telcoms basically forever
6.) states will be free to limit voting however they see fit for at least a generation (no more pesky minorities voting)
7.) workers rights are gone (people are assets of the company to be used as the company see's fit)

So much winning I can't help but think we're headed for the promised land folks!

Thou’s hyperbole boileth over, dear sir/madam!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's kind of tied into the elimination of worker's rights.

Still a net win for America, now Business owners can get children to man wood chippers and steel smelting operations for pennies on the dollar! Just think of all that sweet trickle down we'll be swimming in then once those guys get filthy rich!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Chickensalad

How will they do that? The 60 vote rule has been removed for SC nominations.
Their only chance was to hope that no one retired before the midterms and that they won the Senate (which is a very long shot anyway).

Plus, the Dems are expected to lose up to 4 seats in the Senate this fall. (They have to defend several vulnerable seats in states Trump won.) Waiting 'till after the election could easily end up biting them on the ass.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
dailycaller.com...
That didn't take long....the sky is falling it seems.
Some of these are not meant for polite conversation.

Good lord! Talk about excessive ignorance and emotionally unintelligent fear mongering. Nobody has been nominated yet.

I wish I could have a conversation with the extremists on both the left and the right. I’d start by calmly asking them to relax, and breathe.

Then they’d all shoot me, or worse yet, say mean things about me on Twitter.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Thou’s hyperbole boileth over, dear sir/madam!

The language perhaps, but the overall direction of the SC vis-a-vis those points stands.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This wasn't unexpected. Indeed, this was what the Election 2016 was about, this and the stacking of the Federal judiciary that has already been done.

Congratulations to our friends here that think this is a great day.

Truly, I would like to see things turn out exactly as you hope.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah - I expect the GOP to lose the house but gain in the Senate.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: muzzleflash

Gilead, here we come!

Do you reference:

Gilead is the theocratic nation which replaces the United States in Margaret Atwood's dystopic novel The Handmaid's Tale.

???

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Yeah - I expect the GOP to lose the house but gain in the Senate.

What are you basing that guess on, UK?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I bet ya a dollar it is.

If the extremism on display here today is any indication, Gilead would look like the Summer of Love in comparison to what's coming.

Heheh. Bring it on. Be agents of change.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Lol..

This is going to be hysterical to watch liberals triggered across the country...

Should’ve run ANYONE but Hillary...too bad the DNC rigged the primary election for her because Bernie had a better chance against Trump than Hillary...

Man oh man, the 2016 election is the gft that keeps giving...

-Chris

You can also thank Senator Harry Reid. He made the nuclear option popular and available to the Senate back in 2013.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's why I'm not too worried.

I know this whole "America" experiment has already failed.
It's just a matter of when, not if.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I still hold out hope in the basic structures set up in the Constitution.

Not a lot of hope, mind you. But still some.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You were utterly against it then, if I remember correctly ... weren't you carewemust?

People are going to think you're only pro-establishment when your guys are in power ...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I still hold out hope in the basic structures set up in the Constitution.

Not a lot of hope, mind you. But still some.

I believe the next government after this one will have a much better Constitutional structure.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I especially like the idea of the SC being used as part of Trump's 4D chess move.

I can't imagine that if Trump loses the 2020 election he'll act reasonable about it, so instead his propaganda that illegal voters threw the election now has some more potent teeth behind it.

I'm imagining the headline in a couple years:

"in a 6-3 decision the supreme court ruled today that voting irregularities are grounds for throwing out the results of the 2020 election. a transition council will be appointed by president trump to oversee the revote"

WINNING!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's kind of tied into the elimination of worker's rights.

Still a net win for America, now Business owners can get children to man wood chippers and steel smelting operations for pennies on the dollar! Just think of all that sweet trickle down we'll be swimming in then once those guys get filthy rich!

...and yet you seem to be the only person here with those ideas. Curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join