It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Way To Gain Muscle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Whats the best way to gain weight and muscle.

im currently 6'6'' and 200 pounds i would like to be 6'6'' and 230. i eat junk food trying to gain weight but im a human stick!

can someone help me! i wanna be ripped by summer time!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
First off, lots of junk food is not a good way to gain weight..sure it might put on pounds, but it does bad stuff to your body too (watch SUPERSIZE ME).

The best way in my opinion would be a high carb diet (lots of pasta, rice, potatoes) and weight lifting. However, consult a trainer at a gym as they will know a lot more than me on the subject.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Goto your local library and get some books about weigh training.

They should include excercise regimens along with diet suggestions.

Or, if you have money, try a book called "Hardgainers Bible".

Besides that the only advice I can offer is this:

Eat a lot. Not just junk though, eat a good balanced diet. Lots of meat, 4 servings of vegetables/fruit a day. Milk is good. Bread (carbs) is good as well.

Since you seem to want mass instead of endurance ( :rolleyes: ), I suggest heavy weights low reps.. If you need some more info (basic) feel free to u2u.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by shidge.]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
First, you should work each muscle directly only once a week. Right now I do the following: Monday- Chest Tuesday- Back Wednesday- Shoulders Thursday- Legs Friday- Arms...or else I combine shoulders and arms on friday and take wednesday off.

Diet is even more important for gaining muscle than actual lifting. You should eat at least 6 meals a day, focusing on getting lots of low-GI carbs/fiber, lots of good protein sources (meat, milk, eggs, whey powder), and healthy fats. It is important not to cut out your fat intake thinking it will make you fat, as it will significantly lower your testosterone and hurt your gains more than eating some extra fat.

I eat three protein/carb shakes each day, one right when I wake up, one right after my workout (high-GI with extra protein), and one before bed. It is very important to get a protein shake in immediately after lifting in order to help repair your muscles. Also make sure to drink a gallon or more water each day, and get plenty of sleep each day. Supplements that I would recommend are a multivitamin, vitamin e & c, vitamin b complex, fish oil, Optimum 100% Whey Protein, and powdered creatine.

I can definitely help you gain a lot of muscle by summertime, u2u me if you want help with a workout program and what to eat, etc...

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
im not doing any creatin or what ever its called

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No need for supplements....unless you consider food one!
Eat protein in massive amounts, cut out junk food completely and go to one day a week dedication to body parts.
Rest & recovery is where muscle growth happens, and giving an over load of protein assists that.
On each exercise, go the 12 to 2 rep ladder route, and then back again. Meaning, a weight you can do 12 reeps with, then 10, down to two and then back.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yea you don't need supplements but they can help...as far as the lifting reps, you need to find out what works best for you. I use low reps for the core power lifts like bench squat and deadlift...usually 3-6. But then for assistance exercises like dumbell curls or shoulder raises i will use around 8-12. You will also have to find out which split will work best for you, meaning how you organize your exercises each day. You can do each muscle group on its own day if you want to work out 5 days a week, or combine them like chest & biceps, back & triceps, legs with some shoulder work thrown in as well. The most important thing is to just make sure you get a lot of food, a lot of rest, and don't overtrain. The one supplement that I would recommend is whey protein, and it is almost a necessity for building muscle...you just don't have time or money to get in 6 or more meals a day from food only, and whey protein is absorbed almost instantly and very available to muscles. Since you are bulking up, try to get a lot of protein and carbs, and a good amount of fat too. Multiply your body weight by 1.5 and get at least that many grams of protein each day, and multiply it by 2 for the carbs you should get at a minimum for bulking. Once I finally started lifting, resting, and especially eating right, I was able to go from 138-185 lbs in a year and a half...I gained mostly muscle, and my bodytype is naturally skinny so it wasn't easy. But you can do it if you set goals and stay motivated.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i wonder, are the kind of person that doesnt have anyweight s or anything at home. cuz if your trien to gain weight try eating more but if your tryen to gain musscle excercise more. try your own body

new topics

top topics

join