It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump doesn’t represent the right, but everyone else represents the left.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One of the dumbest parts of conservative propaganda is the way they , very successfully to their base atleast, attempt to pin the words or actions of random individuals with no power or authority on “the left”. While they do not even consider the elected officials including the president as a fair representation of the right..

For example:

The KKK who are all proud conservative Republicans, who hold fundraisers and proudly support conservative candidates, are not a fair representation of the right...

But Antifa who doesn’t support democrat canidates.. who doesn’t put on fundraisers for democrats and who for damn sure didn’t support hillary Clinton are a fair representation of the left..

The same can be said for the black panthers. And a thousand different groups that do not support democrats , nor do they have any control over the democrat party..

Example 2:

Trump is not a fair representation of republicans, but Maxine waters speaks for all the democrats..

I will give a little bit of credit here because what elected officials say does matter..but how does the retarded cousin of the democrat party count more THAN THE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?!?!?! Maxine waters is the Louis gomert of the democrat party.

It is propaganda meant for stupid people..

Trump flat out said he would pay the bail for people who attacked those heckling his rallies...

knock the crap out of them … I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees.”

That’s WAY worse than maybe anything Maxine waters has ever said...

It isn’t just Maxine waters either who is atleast an elected official..

You can go right now to any and every conservative “news” site and see a plethora of stories featuring random individuals with no power or authority and pretending like they speak for over half the countries population..

It is a ridiculous logical fallacy that has been on the books since ancient Athens..

Some how to a conservative brain it makes perfect sense that every gangbanger, eco freak , homosexual, Islamic terrorist, college student, teacher , reporter , ect. Ect. Ect who in the vast majority of cases is in no way connected to the democrat party, gets to speak for the democrat party..

BUT none of the likely hundreds of hate groups that publicly and financially support republicans, and have for generations, get to represent conservatives..

The cognitive dissidents is just mind blowing...

The gop base will literally believe any nonsense trump tells them and any conspiracy theory the rest of them push.. no matter how logistically impossible.. no matter how fundamentally stupid the premiss is .

edit on 27-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's funny the way people seem to think just because a million people read something a random person said on Twitter or somewhere else it makes that person important.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Trump has a 90% approval rating amongst conservatives. So it looks like he does actually represent the people who elected him.

If Maxine or any other Democratic politician doesn't represent their base how and why did they get elected?

I don't believe Antifa represents the left anymore than the KKK represents the Right. But these comparisons have always been made as part of the political show. This shouldn't be shocking.

What conspiracy theory is the right following? I believe we are following factual evidence based claims. The previous administration, HRC and the Intelligence community did plot against Trump. The redacted IG report proves that, and it was redacted.

Unlike the Russian Collusion conspiracy that the left bought hook line and sinker. - Cognitive Dissonance I believe you called it.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What's a "cognitive dissident"?

The thinking man's riot act?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The cognitive dissidents is just mind blowing...

As to your OP there's enough stupidity to go around on all sides although the "Resistance" weakens your argument a bit.

Regardless of that "Cognitive Dissidents" has just become my favorite new name for the extreme left. I'm still laughing. That was worth the price of admission alone.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

The radical abandonment and rejection of logical thinking? Used in a sentence: "The Cognitive Dissidents of the Resistance chopped off their own feet in protest today after releasing the date for their march next month."

edit on 27-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Another word salad.

You should add some meat.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: NthOther

The radical abandonment and rejection of logical thinking? Used in a sentence: "The Cognitive Dissidents of the Resistance chopped their own feet off in protest today after releasing the date for their march next month."

I like it. Cognitive Dissonance, a non-discriminatory malady.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why do you say that Trump doesn’t represent the Right? He certainly represents me. Does Maxine Waters represent you? What about Nancy Pelosi?

Your leaders are crap.
edit on 2018/6/27 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
People on the right have become political fundamentalists, which isn’t really that different from religious fundamentalists.

Both are prone to believe anything that makes them feel good. Both have a naive faith that a higher power is working in their favor at the expense of others. Just replace God with Trump in the equation.

It’s really interesting and fits perfectly within the same psychological profile. I doubt most of the people who have become Trump worshippers are even conscious of it.

edit on 27-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Trump has a 90% approval rating amongst conservatives. So it looks like he does actually represent the people who elected him.

If Maxine or any other Democratic politician doesn't represent their base how and why did they get elected?

I don't believe Antifa represents the left anymore than the KKK represents the Right. But these comparisons have always been made as part of the political show. This shouldn't be shocking.

What conspiracy theory is the right following? I believe we are following factual evidence based claims. The previous administration, HRC and the Intelligence community did plot against Trump. The redacted IG report proves that, and it was redacted.

Unlike the Russian Collusion conspiracy that the left bought hook line and sinker. - Cognitive Dissonance I believe you called it.

Actually, the kkk would more closely represent the democratic party. Repubs fought pretty hard against dems to pass the civil rights act of 1964, which was the launching pad for additional civil rights movements thereafter.

Here is a reasonably unbiased list to substantiate my statement:

en.m.wikipedia.org... tes_politics

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
People on the right have become political fundamentalists, which isn’t really that different from religious fundamentalists.

Both are prone to believe anything that makes them feel good. Both have a naive faith that a higher power is working in their favor at the expense of others. Just replace God with Trump in the equation.

It’s really interesting and fits perfectly within the same psychological profile. I doubt most of the people who have become Trump worshippers are even conscious of it.

If your definition of "funamentalist" can be equivocated to what is humane, and to reward people for their labor in direct proportion to their efforts, then you are correct.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The face of the Democratic Party from my point of view. Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Liz Warren, and Hillary Clinton. The four horsewomen of the apocalypse for the DNC. On the Male side we have Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, and Bernie Sanders.

Well hell, don’t blame me if I support conservatives.

If the DNC doesn’t get rid of Maxine, they are going to have to change the name of the party to the Dimocrats.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do you say that Trump doesn’t represent the Right? He certainly represents me. Does Maxine Waters represent you? What about Nancy Pelosi?

Your leaders are crap.

For some reason many libs think if you disagree with a single talking point then you disapprove overall. I dont agree with Trump on some topics but I am willing to accept that politicians need to bargain with both sides. Those who find it acceptable to stall and harass staffers will certainly disagree with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: underwerks

If your definition of "funamentalist" can be equivocated to what is humane, and to reward people for their labor in direct proportion to their efforts, then you are correct.

Nope.

I mean it in the southern baptist fundamentalist way. The whole “if you’re not us you’re against us” thing.

It should be obvious that the textbook definition doesn’t and has never applied to anything right wing in this country.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

People only represent themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Your leaders are crap.

Those are self proclaimed leaders. They are not actually leadership material. Best to not watch the news and become a thinking individual.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
Actually, the kkk would more closely represent the democratic party. Repubs fought pretty hard against dems to pass the civil rights act of 1964, which was the launching pad for additional civil rights movements thereafter.

Here is a reasonably unbiased list to substantiate my statement:

en.m.wikipedia.org... tes_politics

Jesus. It's so transparent when you all say stuff like this. Look, I know it's shameful (or is it?) to have these dopes in the repub party. Sure, the democrats used to also comprise of a good portion of the conservative south. They don't anymore.

If there is one thing that is true, the kkk has always been conservative and those that fought them have always been progressive. You can throw around 'Dem' or 'Repub' names from history all you want as their platforms have swayed through the years. You know it. I know it. All the historians know it and agree. The kkk is a right wing group. Always have been. So stop cherrypicking a moment in time and superficial names as if it means what you want it to mean.

The truth is, right now, in 2018, the kkk supports the republicans and shares the bulk of the ideals that Trump does.
And as an aside, Antifa does not support the democrats in all their right-wing-lite approach to governance.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Absolutely.. it has become a cottage industry.

Up until the last few years it was common knowledge that what people say on the internet “doesn’t count” because who knows who they are or if they were joking of being sarcastic , ect..

But now look at Shapiro, Jordan Peterson or Dave Rubin. They have all made themselves rich and famous because they were attacked by random internet commenters. Then sold a fabrication that it was “proof the left is XY and Z”..

It is a joke that blows my mind that people fall for it..

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

A) Your damn right about the gop being the party of trump.. primaries are even being lost by any “who haven’t supported him enough”.. because it doesn’t even take criticizing him..

B) For the same reason Mitch mcConnel , Louis gomert and a thousand other people who are laughing stocks nationally..

But forget Maxine waters.. she is fair game. She is an elected official.. it’s a joke saying the craziest democrat speaks for all the rest, but it isn’t random nobody’s like every other conservative scandal..

Ah la Bert Weinstein getting yelled at by 20 people at a 2 bit college no one has ever heard of..

Or Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson being “attacked” by internet commenters so they pretend all the sudden there is a fundamental problem with society..

Because they are popular in their home districts.. maybe they are active or have spearheaded big public works efforts that nationally we hear nothing about.

C) BUT THE KKK IS WAY CLOSER TO THE GOP!!!

Like puts on fundraisers to support and raise funds for conservatives..

Antifa has NO connection to the democrat party.. really it might have only ever been 30 people..who never had the authority to do anything..

D) THE MOST IMPORTANT PART PLEASE READ IF NOTHING ELSE.

What conspiracy theories do conservatives follow?!?!

1) How about that every global media source that isn’t conservative is in a vast conspiracy to make the Republican Party look bad????

So who is paying off all the worlds media sources to lie for the democrats?!?? Lol

And not one has ever come forward with proof of that?!?!

The other option is these people legitimately disagree with the garbage conservatives are pushing..

2) climate change is a vast conspiracy by “the left “ to pass regulations and implement a carbon tax..

So 95%+ of the worlds scientists are being paid off by who to fake it?? Lol

3) “they are comming to get your guns” when the only thing ever proposed by ANY POLITICIAN ON EITHER SIDE is banning the sale of newly manufactured assault rifles. With a grandfather clause that leaves all the millions in circulation perfectly legal.

No elected official in history has ever been quoted as saying they think they could or want to ban and confiscate all the guns..

Why?? Because it would be political suicide.. they would never win another election.

It would be a logistical impossibility and every one knows it.

No army would do it and the cops wouldn’t either..

Conclusion) the thing with being a modern conservative is you are asked to believe a fansy world of their own creation..

Where everyone else is on the same team they call “the left”. Where all the scientists, college professors, the fbi and cia, media, unions, celebrities, ect are all in a vast conspiracy against you..

All without even a realistic motive. Disarming the population isn’t profitable..

Forceing everyone to use gender pro-nouns isn’t profitable..

It’s a joke

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join