It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos showing North Korea is still working on upgrading its nuclear facility .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seem like some don't want to give peace a chance and are just itching to see the process fail because Trump.
I'm all for peace. I just have a very hard time believing anything Trump says.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You understand this doesn't happen literally overnight right? That it has been three weeks since the summit?

You're all for peace but if it doesn't happen right away it's Trump lying?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You understand that the signed agreement promises nothing in regard to denuking? Contrary to what Trump says.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What did Trump say?

Or are we talking about what other people said Trump said?

The peace process is started, that's the point. You're ready to throw in the towel.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What did Trump say?

There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.
Odd caps and all.

The peace process is started, that's the point. You're ready to throw in the towel.

Not at all. But it's ok to call me a skeptic.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Why is that a lie?

Because 3 weeks have gone by and the nukes and the billions in technology and infrastructure haven't gone away? I don't expect them to. I also expect them to continue in progress infrastructure projects for their nuclear reactors. Once you build a reactor it's not exactly a simple task to stop it, and it may be beneficial to NK to have an energy generation nuclear program.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Why is that a lie?
I didn't actually say it was a lie. But tell me, do you think that there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea? (no odd caps required)

I don't. But you can call me a skeptic.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I believe Kim Jung Un wants peace with the US and to pursue reunification with the South. I believe the South wants reunification and peace. I also believe that our policy for 60 years hasn't worked and as such, it is time to try something different.

This isn't a black and white issue as much as we might want to make it such for the purposes of political diatribe, it simply isn't.

I'm betting that the NK nuclear research facilities will be turned into power infrastructure to a VASTLY DARK North Korea. There is a whole lot of work to do and while it is fine to view thing skeptically, it is entirely another to say the peace process is a sham just because it's Donald Trump.

I didn't actually say it was a lie.

Why do you do this?

You most certainly did say it was a lie:

I'm all for peace. I just have a very hard time believing anything Trump says.

What I said:

You're all for peace but if it doesn't happen right away it's Trump lying?

How you responded.

You understand that the signed agreement promises nothing in regard to denuking? Contrary to what Trump says.

You didn't say it? But the strong implications are what? Plausible deniability for semantics in debate?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In all fairness to your argument, German reunification happened at unexpected moment and speed, so such changes to the geopolitical and geostrategic landscape. I am waiting to see the outcome of Trump's policy towards North Korea before passing judgement. Heck, a unified democratic Korea with nuclear weapons is a fascinating scenario to consider.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It wasn't an agreement at all why do you think it was? what it was is a statement of goals for both sides during negotiations.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
As long as their talking no there isn't a threat. If negotiations break down yes they will be but you don't lose anything by trying to talk. The possible gains far outweigh any risk involved. These negotiations I expect will go on for a better part of a year. i, not surprised they still have a Nuclear Program no treatise has been signed yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join