It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos showing North Korea is still working on upgrading its nuclear facility .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Meanwhile back in the states...

California has a super sale going on mj.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why is anyone shocked at this?

The reality is, and I have been stating this from the get go, that North Korea was playing Trump, and using this to their advantage. This is a pattern that the North Koreans have done time and time before. So why now should it be any different, except now, they have the good will of an American President, that they laid a trap for and played.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Well now I will be relived if its just a power plant with no ability to make weapons grad stuff .
as for yahoo yea its sucks as news .
now if its verified its just a power plant then alls still good .
I was hoping someone would debunk yahoo news lol

ok another reply puts it as NK needing some kind of cooling to be kept working and again if so then all is good .
Ps I do hope its just yahoo garbage more then anyone .
I hate nuks no matter who has them Humans are still children and children should not be playing with high explosives .

Any of the current types of nuclear reactors can make plutonium by “toasting” the fuel rods, pretty much involves only running the rods a fraction of the time they could still efficiently produce power.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Why is anyone shocked at this?

I don't think anyone is really shocked; we're just fooling around.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: Annee

Here this one:

How many normal photos were there that they could have released that didn't make Pompeo look so excited to shake hands with the dear leader? And Kim like he's laughing at that?

Imagine the captions for that photo inside Kim's propaganda newspapers?

Uh huh!

And who didn't see this coming?

I was listening to interviews with some Trump supporters facing layoffs because of the tariffs. "Trump knows what he's doing, because he's a great business man" - "If I get laid off it's not Trump's fault" etc etc etc

It's damn scary

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
More Fake News from George Soros' minions...he helped buy out Airbus years ago...who provided this imagery. NK is retrofitting these facilities for Domestic Use just like South Africa did when they dropped their Nuclear Weapons program. SMH.

a reply to: midnightstar

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That photo of trump and Kim with the respective country's flags flying together will be immortalised forever, I'm betting for as long as trump is newsworthy he will never ever live this down.

Anyone who thought Kim was actually going to disarm his nukes are well to put it mildly..... Simple...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Trump is the best dealmaker though! He makes the best deals! A handshake, photo-op and an pinky promise were all it took to bring the American president look like a damned fool on the world-stage.

Any number of NK experts could've told you that this was just propaganda for Kim, but no, Trump is 'like, really smart'.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: gortex

The source , 38 North , seem legit and have a history of calling these things so it may well be true , the question is would anyone be surprised if it's true.

That they do, but this facility is a power facility and not a nuclear weapons fuel processing plant so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Nuclear power isn't a problem.

Determining the operational status of the reactor is particularly difficult at this time. Although a small water discharge is visible from the cooling water outfall pipe going into the river, that discharge is less than has been observed previously when the reactor was fully operational. It may simply be that this is all the water needed at this time to carry away the heat from the residual radioactivity in the reactor, if the reactor is currently shut down. Additionally, unlike last February, no visible steam is being vented from the generator building that would confirm that the reactor is operating, but we cannot rule out that this is simply due to the time of year and insufficient image resolution. (Figure 2)

They have made no confirmations that it is even running.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the difference between power plant enriched nuclear material and weapons grade nuclear material just leaving it in the enrichment machine longer (an oversimplification, i know)?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: gortex

The source , 38 North , seem legit and have a history of calling these things so it may well be true , the question is would anyone be surprised if it's true.

That they do, but this facility is a power facility and not a nuclear weapons fuel processing plant so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Nuclear power isn't a problem.

Determining the operational status of the reactor is particularly difficult at this time. Although a small water discharge is visible from the cooling water outfall pipe going into the river, that discharge is less than has been observed previously when the reactor was fully operational. It may simply be that this is all the water needed at this time to carry away the heat from the residual radioactivity in the reactor, if the reactor is currently shut down. Additionally, unlike last February, no visible steam is being vented from the generator building that would confirm that the reactor is operating, but we cannot rule out that this is simply due to the time of year and insufficient image resolution. (Figure 2)

They have made no confirmations that it is even running.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the difference between power plant enriched nuclear material and weapons grade nuclear material just leaving it in the enrichment machine longer (an oversimplification, i know)?

Yes but plutonium can be had from regular low enriched uranium fuel rods by “toasting” them in the reactor.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Just wiki'd plutonium manufacturing. Very interesting. I guess they have two options for weapons grade material.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Just wiki'd plutonium manufacturing. Very interesting. I guess they have two options for weapons grade material.

Yupp this is part of what makes the nuclear for peaceful use versus diversion for weapons grade production a difficult issue without strict and total oversight of there fuel cycle.
edit on 6/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Common since would suggest that nk will NEVER give up working on nukes.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
NK has a bunch of very rich soil- mining it would be very profitable, but they lack the ability to get that equipment.

So, why not use the tried and true "they have wmd's!" cry to send in the military and wipe out their government, and install a 'democratic' one that we can do 'business' with like we have in so many other third world nations?
Then we could buy out their resources for pennies on the dollar.

The 'why not' part of my question was sarcastic, for the record. I'm just saying, it seems a lot like the national leaders of this planet aren't interested in peace, it seems a lot like they're shooting for the opposite.

There's no profit to be made on precious metals in North Korea. They dont have the infrastructure needed to make this profitable. Of they did China would have none it years ago. The cost on roads education energy transportation and even ports would far out weigh any profits. You can just go to countries like australia be cheaper.

Turns out rear earth metals arent that rare there in every country you just have to process tons of soil. things that are truly rare dont exist in North Korea most truly rare elements need to be manufactured and not mined. For example Astatine os so rare we make in in labs instead.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There is no reason for North Korea to give up nuclear weapons at the ninth hour. The Trump admin may look towards North Korea joining the international community of nations. This aim would increase the likelihood of communications links to the "outside world ", and the creation of a functioning/legitimate North Korean economy. Opening up North Korea to the international community, opens the door to developing a nuclear deterrent framework, echoes of the early period of the Cold War. Reducing the risk of miscalculations or misunderstandings triggering WW3 is the first aim of any improved communication lines with North Korea.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron
I am not shocked, nor surprised by this. In the past North Korea has done stuff like this before and now it is doing it again. So unless they are encasing those buildings, in say concrete, to shut them down, I would not be surprised or shocked if they are not only improving, but expanding and starting up the entire process again.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: lordcomac
NK has a bunch of very rich soil- mining it would be very profitable, but they lack the ability to get that equipment.

So, why not use the tried and true "they have wmd's!" cry to send in the military and wipe out their government, and install a 'democratic' one that we can do 'business' with like we have in so many other third world nations?
Then we could buy out their resources for pennies on the dollar.

The 'why not' part of my question was sarcastic, for the record. I'm just saying, it seems a lot like the national leaders of this planet aren't interested in peace, it seems a lot like they're shooting for the opposite.

There's no profit to be made on precious metals in North Korea. They dont have the infrastructure needed to make this profitable. Of they did China would have none it years ago. The cost on roads education energy transportation and even ports would far out weigh any profits. You can just go to countries like australia be cheaper.

Turns out rear earth metals arent that rare there in every country you just have to process tons of soil. things that are truly rare dont exist in North Korea most truly rare elements need to be manufactured and not mined. For example Astatine os so rare we make in in labs instead.

To bad US rare earth production is ham strung by the EPA’s regulation of thorium in trailings from rare earth mining, sad state of affairs.
edit on 6/29/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Plutonium isn't used in weapons?

Modifications to the 5 MWe plutonium production reactor’s cooling system appear complete, but a less-than-normal cooling water discharge from the outfall pipe makes a determination of the reactor’s operational status difficult.

In any case. Contrary to what Trump says, Korea signed nothing which says they will denuke.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Plutonium is used in weapons, however, their analysis still shows that the plant, while going through renovations for some time now, is less active and appears to not be operational.

What that means for this peace process is as of yet to be determined.

Seem like some don't want to give peace a chance and are just itching to see the process fail because Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join