It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Cloud (UK) Photo ENHANCED (June 2018)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Why are you getting so worked up over manipulates pictures of clouds?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

My posts and threads are intended for people who share a genuine interest in the topics that I post or make threads about, f*ckhead.

ATS is not a blog.
So... good luck with that.

Lol Phage I like you more than them because you seem like you might be a genuine person.

What are your thoughts on my creating awesome threads about awesome videos, which then get psycho-posted by obvious trolls.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Why are you getting so worked up over manipulates pictures of clouds?

I'm not lol. And that's also not English.

getting so worked up over manipulates pictures

Duhhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

What are your thoughts on my creating awesome threads about awesome videos,

I'll let you know when you do so.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I misspelt a word while on my phone. Big deal.

Still, you’re the one getting all offensive about manipulated images, when that’s exactly what’s in your OP.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I misspelt a word while on my phone. Big deal.

Still, you’re the one getting all offensive about manipulated images, when that’s exactly what’s in your OP.

1. Autocorrect, I understand.

2. No, I was getting "offensive" about making beautiful threads, which get consumed by trolls arguing nonsense. See WMD's posts about absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Beautiful threads?

I’ve yet to see one.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

What are your thoughts on my creating awesome threads about awesome videos,

I'll let you know when you do so.

This is... asking my thoughts?

My thoughts are...

That every thread I've made is about awesome topics that deserve intelligent thought and discussion.

That every thread seems to nosedive into stupid, disingenuous nonsense with WMD and InhaleExhale.

That I'd rather have 10 honest responses, instead of 1,000 responses arguing nonsense with WMD and InhaleExhale etc.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I think it's a lenticular cloud, not a UFO-cloud.
edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Beautiful threads?

I’ve yet to see one.

This one lol.

The garbage is the idiots arguing against photographers' definitions of photography terms etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

This one lol.

About clouds pretending to be UFOs?

Not what I would call a “beautiful thread”.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I think it's a lenticular cloud, not a UFO-cloud.

Well OK lol.

I was never dictating how people should interpret things. If you think it's just a cloud, then fine.

I do have bad feelings against other people spending days at a time, working to derail my threads into arguments over semantics, or arguing false laws of physics, or spending their personal time to destroy photos and then argue about it, etc.

Honestly this is why I've been a member of ATS for years and never jumped into conversations much. I've spent the last few years READING the threads, out of genuine interest for the topics discussed.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

This one lol.

About clouds pretending to be UFOs?

Not what I would call a “beautiful thread”.

Haha OK, but the thread is at least straightforward and honest.

It's about a strange cloud. That's it.

The nonsense is other people arguing semantics, and arguing definitions of photography terms even when photography websites are quoted and linked, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Also where is your banner from? I can see that you made it but is it a reference to a game or something?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

False laws of Physics this will show you are talking BS.

First of all YOU cant dictate to other members where they can and can't post so lets have a look to prove a point to YOU

Here is a well exposed image below with its Histogram which show the values and levels on the picture, the extreme left is darks (black) if that has a large spike it would mean extreme shadows with NO detail. The right side is the lights if you have a large spike at that end you have BLOWN highlights they can't be recovered because the sensor has been over loaded.

Modern DSLR cameras can capture a lot of detail in shadows which CAN be recovered with software.

So lets have a look at YOUR attempt with the cloud picture.

Large spike at left NO detail in shadow slightly smaller spike on right NOTHING much in between.

So now lets look at a typical histogram for a high contrast image.

Large spike on left NO detail in shadow smaller spike on right NOTHING much in between.

This lesson has been brought to you free of charge as you are an ATS member.
edit on 4-7-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

You also argued about him manipulating images, when your OP is all about manipulated images to make them look more “UFO-y”.

You can’t have your OP without other members making images of clouds look similar and with an explanation of how it’s done. It’s part of the process to weed out real from fake.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

My banner is just 2 griffins for eyes and the ATS part was made by a member here called ghost (147 I think is the end of his username. Been a while since we talked).

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

False laws of Physics this will show you are talking BS.

First of all YOU cant dictate to other members where they can and can't post so lets have a look to prove a point to YOU

Here is a well exposed image below with its Histogram which show the values and levels on the picture, the extreme left is darks (black) if that has a large spike it would mean extreme shadows with NO detail. The right side is the lights if you have a large spike at that end you have BLOWN highlights they can't be recovered because the sensor has been over loaded.

Modern DSLR cameras can capture a lot of detail in shadows which CAN be recovered with software.

So lets have a look at YOU attempt with the cloud picture.

Large spike at left NO detail in shadow slightly smaller spike on right NOTHING much in between.

So now lets look at a typical histogram for a high contrast image.

Large spike on left NO detail in shadow smaller spike on right NOTHING much in between.

This lesson has been brought to you free of charge as you are an ATS member.

I just don't want to read your posts. I don't believe you have any real interest in the topics that you post and argue about.

Blah blah blah histogram, high contrast image, exposure, details, shadows, levels, blah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I just don't want to read your posts

There's a simple solution to that.
www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

You also argued about him manipulating images, when your OP is all about manipulated images to make them look more “UFO-y”.

You can’t have your OP without other members making images of clouds look similar and with an explanation of how it’s done. It’s part of the process to weed out real from fake.

All of my manipulated images are for colors ONLY, which leaves the actual images intact.

Editing the original image is something completely different... losing the original image.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join