It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! USA's largest Nail Manufacturer on the brink of closing!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Here we see Liberals rooting and cheering for failure.

Keep it up, Trump 2020!

You guys keep saying "Liberals"

Just wild how right wing propaganda can deform perception centers.

3 hours ago

Steel users file legal challenge to Trump’s tariffs

Move is part of growing backlash by US business groups and pro-trade Republicans

www.ft.com...

In Texas, Trump's steel tariff stirs uncertainty and concern
abcnews.go.com...

Over 20,000 US companies asking for Exemptions from the Tariffs.

If they issue the exemptions the tariffs become useless, toothless, pointless and other countries will keep their retaliatory tariffs (win for them, loss for us)

If we don't issue exemptions, a LOT of people are going to lose their jobs that depend on steel imports, and no the losses are not remotely close to any projected job gains for the US Steel companies.

Trump is dangerously incompetent.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

...meanwhile on planet earth, the economy goes from strength to strength...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Dig in.
www.bls.gov...

The labour market is doing fine.

It was "doing fine" before Trump was elected.
The unemployment numbers were on track to drop to where they are now.

What wasn't doing fine was blue collar workers in rural towns. The great unemployment numbers did not speak to their plight. That is one of the reasons Trump got elected.

Now blue collar workers in small towns are losing their jobs with no alternatives.

Know what? The unemployment numbers (again), with all the high-tech hiring, won't show their suffering...after all, who cares about small towns like Polar Bluff Missouri? Strange that it is people like me having to give them a voice.

Left or Right, we need to fix it for towns from Appalachia to Texas.

Trump is hurting them, not helping.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It was Obama, eh?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

...meanwhile on planet earth, the economy goes from strength to strength...

Missouri IS planet earth.

You could just as well be Democrat Politician in 2016, pointing at national numbers and ignoring rural Americans.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It was Obama, eh?

You seem to be posting dumb stuff combined with emoticons.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Nah, not really.
www.bls.gov...

Keep up with the single company examples.
Meanwhile in the real world, on terra firma, things are going well.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Nah, not really.
www.bls.gov...

I posted a rather simple solution to the problem, if it is a problem, on the first page. This is one of those nothing burgers if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Nah, not really.
www.bls.gov...

I posted a rather simple solution to the problem, if it is a problem, on the first page. This is one of those nothing burgers if you ask me.

He doesn't want a solution, this is a Trump bashing thread. Acting like a true Democrat.
Just gonna yell and point at what I don't like. SMH 🤦‍♂️

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why aren't they sourcing domestic steel?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Would seem logical.
They've already been given a huge profit boost by massively lower corporate taxes.
Seems they are too greedy for their own good. Buy cheap, hoard profits, screw workers.
If they go out of business, good riddance. Another company will quickly take their place.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Yet I got into a pro Trump discussion and it's like a rally atmosphere of nothing but liberal and left bashing while yelling maga and Trump is the savior.
It goes both ways. But on the internet the Trump supporters are far more vocal and what not.
I can remember not even 3 years ago this site and pol on 4chan were a completely different vibe, now it's all politics here and Trump shills on pol with Trump general information threads made every hour.
edit on 27-6-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
That is not at all what I suggested, nor was that the case before Trump started the Trade War.

Well, that's why I asked the answer instead of assumed--so, what is your argument, then?

And to be fair, the international trade agreements that have been in place absolutely have been lopsided against the best interests of the United States, in general. Yes, I was using hyperbole to make a point, but I didn't literally mean that we had no tariffs on anything prior to this.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There isn't any. Steel producers don't have stocks just lying around. They produce to fill orders and that's it. Steel production is trying to ramp up, but it is going to take some time. You can't just say I'm going to re-open a plant and start producing steel over night. You have to deal with the Unions, the EPA, all of the civic groups and politicians with their hands out. Then you have to update the equipment, establish a source of raw materials and other things. You have to hire people and train them (good luck there). There is a large steel mill in my town. They are trying to ramp up production and are re-activating closed lines. Between Carter, Clinton and Obama you have twenty years of slamming manufacturing to recover from.
The company that I work for makes some of the equipment that is used in steel mills. We have a twenty-six week lead time for our equipment. We can't get parts because everybody else is having to ramp up as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If they go out of business, good riddance. Another company will quickly take their place.

No doubt... but they won't necessarily be an American owned company.

As a matter of fact, it actually sounds like a good business opportunity for some Australian company, considering we're exempt from the US steel tariffs... buy cheap Chinese steel, produce the nails here, then import them to the US, totally tariff free.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
So we gained 200000 jobs this month and lost 60. Guess those guys will be CNN's new attempt to assist Democrats in forcing out our elected president. The employees should be quite ticked with their managements failure and its delay in applying for the waiver.

Unemployed steel workers can flip burgers. WINNING!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Nah, not really.
www.bls.gov...

I guess you don't follow the stock market.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Dig in.
www.bls.gov...

The labour market is doing fine.

It was "doing fine" before Trump was elected.
The unemployment numbers were on track to drop to where they are now.

What wasn't doing fine was blue collar workers in rural towns. The great unemployment numbers did not speak to their plight. That is one of the reasons Trump got elected.

Now blue collar workers in small towns are losing their jobs with no alternatives.

Know what? The unemployment numbers (again), with all the high-tech hiring, won't show their suffering...after all, who cares about small towns like Polar Bluff Missouri? Strange that it is people like me having to give them a voice.

Left or Right, we need to fix it for towns from Appalachia to Texas.

Trump is hurting them, not helping.

The general consensus amongst fund managers was as long as Trump does nothing, things will be great. Unfortunately Trump is now screwing up the economy.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why not just use American steel. Simple solution, don't you think.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just a quick question . . . how many of the responders in this thread own or run a business that relies on steel as a raw material, and employs over 250 people.

Not trying to be an ass, rather just wondering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join