It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA police should strike over justified Rose defensive shooting criminal charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A police officer who shot violent fleeing felon A. Rose in PA has been criminally charged.

www.foxnews.com...

In response, police officers all over PA should stop coming to work until new laws are passed to protect officers from malicious prosecutions. They should show these animals what life is like without law enforcement. Especially when those same people risk losing their livelihood over a good shoot and some angry idiots.

Let the citizens of PA see that police protect them from the same animals they're protesting for. And it is very clear these criminal charges are politically motivated. Either that, or the cowardly justice system is scared of little protesters.

I stand with Officer Michael Rosfeld.

You've let that officer down, Pennsylvania.
edit on 6/27/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is wha happens when you put political correctness over justice. Politicians are pandering to their base instead of taking care of their LEOs.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not defending the police officers actions because it's not the job of police officers to shoot someone in the back that's reprehensible but I agree that the AG Shapiro is a full blown SJW.

You guys are not judge and jury your job isn't to shoot people in the back it's to apprehend criminals and bring them to court for trial where the system does it's job.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Heart breaking to see this young officer handled so poorly. I realize he worked a few years w/ UPMC police but he had just gotten hired at Pittsburgh. No doubt looking forward to starting his new career, when a mere 90 minutes after being sworn in he encounters POS Antwon Rose. Rose had just shot at least one person mere seconds before Officer Rosfeld defended his community

Yet, despite the presence of weapons in Rose's car (which also matched the vehicle involved in the crime) and the fact Rose was fleeing, this young officer is still charged. Ridiculous PC non sense

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is wha happens when you put political correctness over justice. Politicians are pandering to their base instead of taking care of their LEOs.

Now the good officer candidates will be less likely to apply and they will have to choose from the bottom of the barrel.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's not PC. It's not your job as a police officer to kill people running away it's your job to bring people to court so the justice system can determine the outcome after court proceedings.

Maybe you need to brush up on how and why our system works.

There's clearly a problem in the culture of police departments in this country that you think it's your job to kill everyone who has been determined by you to be unsafe for the community.

It's not. It's the courts job after proper prosecution.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I got that. And I generally agree with what you are saying. But this isn't an instance of summary execution or questionable circumstances. The decedent had just shot another human being and was actively fleeing (both circumstances permit deadly force under PA law)

How is this any different from the mass shooting in Texas where a citizen pursued the shooter and took him down? Stopping threats to public safety is top priority. I think the difference is clear: AG Shapiro = didn't know they stacked 45 y.o BULLSH## that high.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Cornell U

The clauses incorporated within the Fifth Amendment outline basic constitutional limits on police procedure. The Framers derived the Grand Juries Clause and the Due Process Clause from the Magna Carta, dating back to 1215. Scholars consider the Fifth Amendment as capable of breaking down into the following five distinct constitutional rights: 1) right to indictment by the grand jury before any criminal charges for felonious crimes, 2) a prohibition on double jeopardy, 3) a right against forced self-incrimination, 4) a guarantee that all criminal defendants have a fair trial, and 5) a guarantee that government cannot seize private property without making a due compensation at the market value of the property.

It's pretty scary when police officers A. not only doesn't know the constitution but B. totally disregard it.

I think you need some training there killer.
edit on 27-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I got that. And I generally agree with what you are saying. But this isn't an instance of summary execution or questionable circumstances. The decedent had just shot another human being and was actively fleeing (both circumstances permit deadly force under PA law)

How is this any different from the mass shooting in Texas where a citizen pursued the shooter and took him down? Stopping threats to public safety is top priority. I think the difference is clear: AG Shapiro = didn't know they stacked 45 y.o BULLSH## that high.

Correct. This wasn't just anybody he shot in the back. This was a dangerous felon who was just involved in a drive-by shooting. He was a danger to the public. The police's job is to protect the public. It's a justified shooting. This is another case like Baltimore where the opportunity to make a political statement was put above the pursuit of justice. They'll never get a conviction. This is a waste of taxpayer money and ruining this officer's life for political reasons and to appease the uninformed mob.

link   

if someone is actively killing people I get it but if someone can be aprehended then it's not your job to kill them

the problem with this logic is where do we draw the line?

if we aren't going to respect the law and constitution where does it stop?

I totally agree with you about Shapiro and the SJW politics in this state however

link   

Charged with "criminal homicide"
Let the justice system hear the facts.

You're advocating withdrawal of law & order services after investigations led to charge being laid.

You stand for nothing

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

In response, police officers all over PA should stop coming to work until new laws are passed to protect officers from malicious prosecutions. They should show these animals what life is like without law enforcement. Especially when those same people risk losing their livelihood over a good shoot and some angry idiots.

I partially agree with you. The problem with creating new laws to protect officers from malicious prosecutions is that it would also be used to protect the actual bad cops who deserve to be punished. They already have enough tools to get away with many terrible things, no need to give them more.

Also, if they went on strike and allowed things to get worse, that would only make their jobs more difficult when the strike was over. I've seen people do this at work places, making their jobs harder to prove a point, I can only imagine how bad it would be for police officers doing what they do.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Im retired, and never shot anybody so I do not think I need the lecture. I don't disagree with you. But this isn't a case of judge/jury/executioner at least doesn't look like it to me

To be honest, this is not a call any new officer (Regardless of their past work experience) should have been responding to. Where was Rosfield's FTO?

There's clearly a problem in the culture of police departments in this country that you think it's your job to kill everyone who has been determined by you to be unsafe for the community.

I dont think that. Who thinks that? No one I know. But PA law does allow an exceptionally grave danger to be stopped by police or members of the community (if they are assisting an LEO or making a private arrest). One such condition is an armed felon fleeing

www.legis.state.pa.us...

PA code above covers LEO use of force in making arrest, private citizen use of force in making arrest, use of force in preventing escape, use of force to prevent a crime. The specific language in each section under title 18 varies, but the theme is all the same: stopping a danger to the community through use of force if absolutely required

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

This officer did not see Rose shoot anyone. He saw a person get out of a car that looked like the description of a car that had left an armed robbery where a shooting occurred and start running away. The officer saw no weapon, was under no threat, and at the time of his shooting Rose, had no idea an empty gun magazine was in the car. Contrary to popular belief, even the police can’t just shoot someone unless they are in fear of their lives or the lives of others. Rose met neither of those circumstances. Look, I own and wear multiple blue line t-shirts. I support law enforcement 1000%. Cops like this guy give other cops with sound judgement a bad name. The charges are well deserved, as will the conviction and jail time be.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You're conflating the facts. The empty mag was on Rose's person. There was two firearms (both used in the crime) found in Rose's car. .40 caliber handguns in fact.

Further, surveillance footage placed Rose and his vehicle at the scene of a shooting just seconds prior to Rosfield's attempt to stop/and subsequent pursuit
edit on 6/27/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Cop shot an unarmed SUSPECT in the back.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Why should they continue to risk their lives for next to nothing $ wise? Policing in Pennsylvania is now virtually a death sentence if you confront a violent criminal. Can't shoot them, or you'll end up losing everything and facing criminal charges. And if you don't shoot them? You're dead anyway. Or some innocent family/child is dead at the hands of a criminal, and you could have stopped it.

Realistically, a striking police force would really show people how much SH## they keep off the streets. It would without question force the executive of the state to call in the national guard to clean things up.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Lab4Us

You're conflating the facts. The empty mag was on Rose's person. There was two firearms (both used in the crime) found in Rose's car. .40 caliber handguns in fact.

Further, surveillance footage placed Rose and his vehicle at the scene of a shooting just seconds prior to Rosfield's attempt to stop/and subsequent pursuit

Maybe, but a magazine is not a deadly weapon, officer didn’t know Rose had it. Officer didn’t know guns were in the car (and even if he did, Rose was not in the car). Third, being placed at a scene does not make one guilty of anything. Even if it was on tape that Rose was the shooter, the officer that killed him didn’t see that tape and dispatcher didn’t see Rose so no way to confirm identity. I’m a LTC holder. As you are a retired police officer, what would you think if I was the one who shot Rose in the back while he was running away?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Wasn't unarmed. Had two firearms within reach in his vehicle (ie: in his possession under the law)

He matched the description of the shooter they were pursuing from seconds earlier.

He took off running (only guilty people do that)

After all was said and done, it turned out Officer Rosfield was right. A search of shooter Rose's vehicle revealed two .40 caliber handguns along with an empty magazine in his pocket.

It is OK to shoot someone in the back when you're protecting the community from that person. After all, he had just shot at least one another person and would gladly shoot and kill a police officer to escape. What about the person he shot/held at gunpoint if he'd have gotten away? You know he would've had to do that, right? If criminal Rose would've escaped, he would have TERRORIZED an innocent home/vehicle owner when he needed to hide out and duck police

How many lives need to be lost/people injured/victimized before you admit this criminal needed to be stopped in his tracks.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You should talk to your fellow officers and tell them that next time they decide to beat the crap out of someone...

or decide they are going to stalk and follow people who aren't doing anything wrong in their cars just to harass them maybe people would be more inclined to see their side of the story

I've seen WAY WAY to many bad apples in police forces and been harassed by police officers for no reason

just 2 years ago I had a guy follow me around for literally 45 minutes while I went food shopping and was taking care of some daily task. he followed me to 3 different stores and finally I pulled over got out of the car and started walking up to him and he drove off

yeah it's really common

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join