It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Day 2018.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

What a sad story, I feel for you, I've watched loved ones go downhill and even die from addiction.
Meth isn't really a thing here it's heroin that causes most of the damage to people, well heroin and alcohol to be honest.
Coke, MDMA, and pot are the main recreational drugs in my parts, but moreso coke these days, which is a pity because when everyone was on MDMA there was less anger...everyone was 'loved up' as we called it back in the 90's and noughty's.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I kind of think that his addictive personality and relying on drugs to self medicate could be what led him to where we are today.

That's what a lot of it boils down to. Every individual is going to have their own reaction to it, and if they already have compulsive or addictive behaviors then it will cause them problems. But I also have a friend who wrecked her health by eating too many Krispy Kreme donuts. She's not out burglarizing homes to support her habit, but it's still not a good thing. Shows you that it's not so much the substance, it's the person ingesting it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: GoShredAK

Maybe it's the sea air here, maybe it's just decent pot, it's all locally grown these days, massive cottage industry since the

Cheers Cornish
You might well be onto something there too on the quality. Back in our zone in the 90's it was all resin, largely of the slate variety and this was often contaminated with other things especially bicycle tyre rubber, plastic, etc. It does make you wonder if all the nasty stuff mixed into the rein has had an effect on people back then. For sure legalisation would get rid mostly of the criminals and their polluting of us so there certainly are benefits to it

Bits of plastic and allsorts, I remember it well. Green is definitely stronger than resin/solid back in the day, but you can still buy it these parts, much better quality than back in the 90's, but way more than £7.50 for a teenth now.
I know loads of 'gardeners' and they produce decent products, organic crops even. I've been tempted to do it myself, just a lot of work tending to plants...I could easy sell it wholesale to someone so not even much risk getting caught.
Maybe one day.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I've been tempted to do it myself, just a lot of work tending to plants...I could easy sell it wholesale to someone so not even much risk getting caught. Maybe one day.

One of the biggest problems with growing your own is that if you're doing it hydroponically it requires a lot of electricity. That's how the police end up busting a lot of illegal growers, by the ridiculous amount of electricity they use. Otherwise, if you can grow it outside, all the better, although that leaves it at the mercy of the weather and becomes a target for thieves.

And then, just like tomatoes or the like, after all the time and money and energy you put into it, it's probably not as good as the professionally grown stuff and ends up being significantly more expensive.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh I would only do it like the cottage industry which is quite huge now. Our cops will usually not even arrest you if you get busted with 9 plants, but those plants if not busted will make a decent amount of money even after paying for the electricity. I've not got a smart meter and I could easily bypass my supply to get it free.

The thing is I'd be punished more severely for ripping the electricity off than growing weed. I'd probably take the hit and pay the electric, there is still a great profit to be had, like I said, massive cottage industry in my parts now.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'd probably take the hit and pay the electric, there is still a great profit to be had, like I said, massive cottage industry in my parts now.

In California it's all being corporatized, with the silent partners (assumedly) being the big tobacco and liquor industries. There's a conspiracy! In some dispensaries here, the cannabis is even pre-packaged in little silver bags, with the weight and varying amounts of THC, CBD, etc., listed on the package. I suppose there are people still growing their own -- a 30,000 sq.ft. warehouse store selling hydroponic supplies recently opened up near a local airport -- but with prices low and quality high, your average mom and pop weed grower is going to have a difficult time competing in the market.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Snow not on roofs is how the catch them these days or helicopters with thermal imaging.

Most people have PC burning all day, sometimes two or three, then there is big screen TVs, that's about 300-700W per device.

So the old you burn too much lekkie tactic don't quite cut it any longer really.
edit on 28-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: intrepid

Imho it can't be treated as booze and cigarettes because it ain't unhealthy and unsafe as those.

Get ready for an EXPLOSION in schizophrenia in the states that legalised the stuff. Seriously most people I hung around with as a kid in the UK who smoked dope ended up in mental institutions and to this day are hooked on drugs (the government issued ones)

I have known many people who have smoked weed all there life, and they are absolutly fine. Off course you will get people who go down a dark road, but they were always going to go down a dark road. Could had been weed, drinking too much etc
edit on 28-6-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

New lighting systems don't burn the electric so much as well.
I've been so tempted, seeing people make thousands from just enough plants which don't mean jail time if caught. Usually just confiscation of equipment...and the plants of course lol
I'm soo tempted now my chickens have flown the nest, got the room space, got the contacts to just wholesale it, just not got the motivation.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I shouldn't have been so harsh on them....I was getting feeling impatient at the moment.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It is the stigma governments have put on this. Same with psychedelics, which also has huge healing properties mentally.
edit on 28-6-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Buddy, you can get stains that will grow in your back garden these days, especially with the somewhat mild climate down your neck of the woods.

A few years back some entrepreneurial avid horticulturist decided to grow some down the banks of the River Clyde, Police found bushels of the stuff, Skunk Weed if memory serves, and that's in the heart of Scotland. LoL

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ah if I ever go down that road I'll be looking at an all year round investment, not just 8 months of the year.
Easier to regulate and tend your plants with electricity and water.
I've got a few mates with land though and they are tempted to grow on the sly but in the open.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Could it have been said "Slayer records" that were responsible alone?
LoL

Having been put through a fair bit of Slayer by him then yes you could be right. The lad took loads of trips too. Had a triple wammy on one day then got sectioned.................. Told his boss at the accountants stuff the job, marched into another office told his misses the secretary it was over, jumped in his old school Mini and rammed someone at a junction.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Trips probably did it mate.
Acid tab squares of cardboard yeah?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes, I'm thinking the trips myself.

Acid can be murder if you are in the wrong environment or around the wrong people.

Scores of fellows have been known to have similar breakdowns all the same, especially in the finance industries.

Usually, coke that's their demon.
edit on 28-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I can tell you what happens when cannabis gets legalized. For the average non-smoker, nothing happens and for the smoker, or partaker, life becomes much easier and better with so many options available.

So many things to worry about I can't understand why someone would get all up in arms about pot.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

For us here in the U.K it's the mentality of the backward thinking xenophobic Tories that's the main problem with the legalization of Cannabis.

May, her twisted cabinet, and party, full of sexual deviants, austerity preaching bastards, and privileged few, with a silver spoon logged where the Sun don't shine, probably think such forward-thinking ideologies would draw more immigrants and or make the population of our nation into a gaggle of paranoid schizophrenics.

edit on 29-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

And Britain is the world's biggest supplier of medical cannabis to other countries apparently, sorry can't post a link, on phone.
Any search engine though, you couldn't make it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Snow not on roofs is how the catch them these days or helicopters with thermal imaging.

Most people have PC burning all day, sometimes two or three, then there is big screen TVs, that's about 300-700W per device.

So the old you burn too much lekkie tactic don't quite cut it any longer really.

I haven't used them personally but led lights all the rage these days, very low wattage and little heat

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join