It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Day 2018.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

And yet almost two-thirds of drug possession charges still envolve Cannabis.

The mind boggles really.

As to junkies, well they steal things, cant help themselves really, but sound or not, you simply cannot have them around.

Good shoplifters all the same, bought a few things off them myself. LoL

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't smoke but I'm still looking forward to see at least some kind of change in the culture and society we live in. To me, life gets so damned boring. Same old fake British moan music on the radio, same old processed crap sitcoms. I'm forever hopeful for an explosion in real feeling and innovation in the arts and culture. This may do nothing in that regard, but like I say, at least it will be a change of some kind. Boy that sounds cynical lol

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Police Scotland are quite strict though aren't they?
Devon and Cornwall constabulary don't give a toss about pot unless you are really taking the piss or some prick actually makes a formal complaint so they have to.
9 plants or less is lucky to go to court, you just lose all your gear. Massive cottage industry here because nobody really thinks it's illegal anymore lol

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I'm forever hopeful for an explosion in real feeling and innovation in the arts and culture.

A lot of this comes from the Internet. We now have mountains of art and culture from all the time periods of history available to us at any time. It tends to makes us feel that there really is nothing new or innovative anymore; it's all been done before. Art has been deconstructed so many times, like Humpty Dumpty, it can't be put back together again. Music, TV? Now we really get a good idea as to how derivative they really are. Derivative and boring.

Boy that sounds cynical lol

Well, that's the world for you... Cannabis won't cure it, but it might make it a little more tolerable.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well, Bar-L(Barlinnie) gaol is chock full of shoplifters, benefits cheats, and house tanners + people who refuse to pay fines. 99.99% of such are junkies or alcoholics who also have severe mental health issues to contend with.

If you ask me we are locking up the wrong sort, aside from the house tanners.

It's a social issue at the heart of Glasgow poverty, not that the SNP would agree, but take it from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Should probably add, ive never been there for any extended period, but i don't like fines and used to kick around with rather a few people that did/have resided there for extended periods.

Thing is i dont ever recall coming across any Bankers, CEO, or politicians in the halls. ;(
edit on 27-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sounds like our worlds are so different mate.
Cops don't care about pot here, my own son got brought home for a telling off when he was 14 caught with a bong and some green, the knobhead was the one carrying it. But when he was 16 a cop who knew him by name said "FFS [son's name] I'm a copper, do it behind the arcades so nobody sees or smells it" lol
He's never been cautioned or charged, cops don't care about pot here.

EDIT
My son is a senior first team player for our town's only rugby team, he's a forward not a back though so doesn't have to run much. The odd spliff is no problem.
edit on 27-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Driving under the influence of marihuana....say goodbye to roadrage. Lol

Peace

ETA:Go Canada!!!!
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 27 Jun 2018 15:31:14 -0500pm303120186 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Cops don't care about pot here...
I'd say there's a learning curve, even in Canada...2 Toronto cops ate a cannabis-infused chocolate bar seized as evidence
(Cracks me up!)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You need weight before Police are interested, where dope is concerned, that's like pounds/kilos for any sort of proper conviction.

And yet like i said two-thirds of associated drug offenses are indeed cannabis related, pretty much nationwide.

Can you spell fixed penalty fines?

Coz that's what its all about, or so it seems.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You need weight before Police are interested, where dope is concerned, that's like pounds/kilos for any sort of proper conviction.

And yet like i said two-thirds of associated drug offenses are indeed cannabis related, pretty much nationwide.

Can you spell fixed penalty fines?

Coz that's what its all about, or so it seems.

Lol, don't even get fixed penalty fines unless you take the piss like smoking it in a kids playpark or on a packed beach.
That's fair game in my opinion, not that it would bother me but I see if other people get pissed off.
I don't do the tourist beaches though, we locals climb down dangerous cliffs to secluded parts lol...we die doing it as well every now and then!

EDIT
Off-topic but my early 20's son went cliff jumping this evening in the sea, I wasn't worried anymore than I am generally as a father. He's grown up with me doing it, he had a good evening with a few beers and mates.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
lol great replies.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I tend to agree but some Police round these here parts take there bullying seriously.

Should not smoke dope anywhere near weans all the same, that's bad, totally agree.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I've heard your cops are way harsher than ours.
Crazy how a few hundred miles makes such a massive difference in UK society.
Our police "Devon and Cornwall" are funded based on the winter population so in summer when there's zillions of tourists they let allsorts slide as 'not a crime' lol, poor bastards struggle with public order in clubland etc.

EDIT
If I had violent men at my door I'd phone a mate first then 999 second, faster response. Different worlds.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Strip and then spread butter over your body, nobody can catch you. I read it on the internet. Blue dye works the best.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Get ready for an EXPLOSION in schizophrenia in the states that legalised the stuff. Seriously most people I hung around with as a kid in the UK who smoked dope ended up in mental institutions and to this day are hooked on drugs (the government issued ones)

HAHAHAHA Yeah right...Most everyone I grew up with that smoked are productive members of society that probably still toke on occasion. Yes Yes there are those one or 2 that couldn't get it together but it wasnt (completely) the reefer.

If they can sell standard grade grass then fair dooooos, things will probably be ok. Don't get me wrong, weed is an amzing experience and can take you to some amazing places, there are just some people out there that will be better staying off the stuff. People rate dope as a light drug, in my honest opinion it is massively underated and should be considered the pinnacle of drug taking. You know it's gonna have a crazy effect on the individual when it can stay in yiur system for months, while other drugs disappear from you in no time at all often 48 hours. In effect with mary jane even the occasional joint and you never come down properly into reality, while with other drugs as potent or not as they may be you will always ventrure back to reality in a day or two..................... If you want to

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
People rate dope as a light drug, in my honest opinion it is massively underated and should be considered the pinnacle of drug taking.

No.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm baffled that there are still so many people, in this day and age, that actually believe reefer madness level ignorant bs.

I mean seriously, the truth is so clear and obvious. You have to be so utterly close minded and just plain stupid to believe some of the things that are always said in a cannabis thread.

One example would be where somebody said most people who medicate end up with schizophrenia. You gotta be kidding me! That is a rare occurrence that certainly involves underlying factors. Mary Jane is not to blame and does not cause anything of the sort. Sure weed could act as the catalyst that throws someone over the edge. Someone who already has flawed nuerochemistry that predisposed them to eventually developing a mental illness. The weed doesn't do it. Weed just happens to be In the picture, amongst possibly countless other factors. So what happens is every other possible cause is overlooked and all the focus is put on the marijuana.

Prescription drugs, diet, lifestyle, family history, chemical inbalance to name a few, should all be considered as a cause way before cannabis use.

I would argue that in a normal brain cannabinoids help prevent mental illness.

Another one is how people are so concerned about people driving while medicated. To compare this to driving drunk is asinine. Extremely ignorant.

Your average cannabis user who naturally has a tolerance will not drive any differently than a stone cold sober and safe driver. Many times our stoned drivers of the world are actually driving exceptionally safer than normal.

A total newbie who smokes for the first time in their lives and immediately gets behind the wheel may find themselves having a panic attack or too paranoid to drive. However In that case, the person would definitely pull over, aware that they shouldn't be driving quite yet. Rather than a drunk who would continue to drive due to impaired judgement.

Another scenario where these driving concerns are valid would be with consumption of edibles. With careless dosing one can absolutely become legitimately impaired. Again however, they would certainly pull over as soon as they realized they took too much.

Fortunately most people are smart enough not to overdose. Cannabis users are not so careless and reckless as an alcoholic or hard drug addict.

Thank God the benefits of cannabis are gradually being brought back into the light and even explored further.

The positives outweigh the negatives and the risks by far.

Weed does not belong in the same category as alcohol or pharmaceuticals/hard drugs.....not even close....they are in two different universes.

This information is so readily available for goodness sakes...anybody with a functioning brain who cares to educate themselves can very easily come to these conclusions themselves.

To cling on to the 1937 era propaganda is inexcusable, lazy, and extremely ignorant.
edit on 27-6-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

BS propaganda.

Alcohol and cigarettes are the gateway drugs.

Alcohol was my gateway drug.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Aside from the CCTV of course, that's apt to catch you.

Plus have you seen the price of Butter lately? LoL

There is nobody chasing me anyway these days, i'm too long in the tooth now.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I consider weed a dangerous drug for sure, very dangerous. ALL other drugs leave your body in a day or two while Cannabis stays in you, it becomes part of you, you become a permanent dope head. Best bet leave it alone, because if you keep on going (not everyone but a fir percentage) you stand a good chance of going bezerk. Delusions and paranoia will take over your mind set and those will never leave you if you have even one joint every three months. It stays in you and takes over you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join