It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Day 2018.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: JinMI

I hear they used to be able to grow peat moss.

There's your gateway drug.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
It's a valid concern.
Unfortunately it is true that marijuana is the door to alot of other drugs, because of being completely harmless some people think it's ok to try some other drugs and not every kid has the head to discern these things.
Being a smoker for years, I think that legalization is premature and our society is not ready yet. There needs to be a re-education on legal and illegal drugs before that starts.

A wise person once said to me: "Marijuana doesn't lead to harder drugs. A lack of marijuana leads to harder drugs."

People who want an attitude adjustment are gonna get one. Dope has never been easier to get. Legalisation of pot keeps tokers from being outlaws. And make no mistake, kids these days know a heck of a lot more about pharmacology than we old farts ever did.

originally posted by: intrepid
Weed IS the gateway drug... to the 7 11.

Careful now, son!

edit on 27-6-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: huh?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Imho it can't be treated as booze and cigarettes because it ain't unhealthy and unsafe as those.

Get ready for an EXPLOSION in schizophrenia in the states that legalised the stuff. Seriously most people I hung around with as a kid in the UK who smoked dope ended up in mental institutions and to this day are hooked on drugs (the government issued ones)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Imho it can't be treated as booze and cigarettes because it ain't unhealthy and unsafe as those.
But I'm all for regulations like not smoking in public places, especially where there are children.
Also driving high shouldn't be a problem. They probably need to set a limit tho.

My biggest concern is that kids end up on the wrong side of society, due to a law that they can't respect...not to mention the possibility of a criminal record that could affect them for the rest of their lives. I'm happy that they are talking an amnesty for prior busts. Either way, pot will still be easy to find, as it always has been. So I've been told, eh?

Exactly. It was marijuana laws that showed me just how full of crap police are when I was younger. And that’s stuck with me since.

I haven’t really gained any respect for police since.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Get ready for an EXPLOSION in schizophrenia in the states that legalised the stuff. Seriously most people I hung around with as a kid in the UK who smoked dope ended up in mental institutions and to this day are hooked on drugs (the government issued ones)

HAHAHAHA Yeah right...Most everyone I grew up with that smoked are productive members of society that probably still toke on occasion. Yes Yes there are those one or 2 that couldn't get it together but it wasnt (completely) the reefer.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You missed April 20th, silly folks from Canadia.

We wouldn't want to celebrate Hitler's birthday.

I never knew Hitler was born on 4/20. Thank you! I will never forget that fact again.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yup they will not even open a dialog about it.
The party which says it will legalise it will win I don't know why labour isn't pushing for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why would someone want to inhale burning plant matter?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Nowt to do with you is it? it is about the freedom to do what we like to our own bodies.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Speaking of heroin, trivia fact.

Dutch "Coffeeshops" were in part at least formed to combat the wave of heroin that was sweeping the Netherlands back in the 70's and creating many addicts. I think we can all agree that cannabinoids are a better choice than opiates. Cannabinoids are still technically illegal here though. State-Imposed cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Heh, sure pal.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

With a screen name like yours I'm surprised you need to ask this question.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I will be making special chocolate and lemon brownies.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

That's exactly how "spice" got started. The legal synthetic weed sold as incense. The synthetic stuff is dangerous and all because weed is illegal.

I don't think weed being a gateway to psychedelics is bad. It can be a good experience if in the right setting and mind-set.

People are always going to look for ways to alter the mind, so why not promote the good stuff?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

"Spice" is not synthetic weed.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Seems an interesting move, could be millions of tax dollars made if the government play it right.
I'm surprised the UK doesn't do the same just for the revenue.
...I forget it's illegal here though, most people smoke every now and then, nobody grasses to the cops, and the cops don't care unless someone actually made a complaint. They don't even take personal possession off you anymore if searched or whatever, they are so under resourced that they concentrate on 'real' crime.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
It was legalized in California,nothing any different happened,maybe more people got high,why not worry about liquor stores which are robbed 30 times a day,and promote criminals,don't see anything like that at a dispensary,I've worked at many,majority of patrons are older people with physical disabilitys

As I've said before, weed used to be this daring thing that was kind of sneaky and dangerous but when it's legalized it just becomes something old people use to help with their sore feet. All the coolness gets sucked out of it, so maybe that will help kids from getting in trouble with it. At least the good kids. The bad kids are doomed anyway.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

People have been doing it in one form or another for thousands of years. I guess they like it.

Why drink milk? Why drink a gooey fluid squeezed from a cow that is mostly fat and salt and intended to quickly build up a newborn calf's weight?

Why drink coffee? Crush a bean and boil the stimulant-infused oil out of it and drink it?

People are weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The cops smoke dope too along with crack, heroin and all the rest.

Christ, I've been to parties(in a former life) where social workers and Police have been that mad with it, full of Ketamine, Coke, and E that they ended up stripping naked and walking alone a vertical wall in the belief that they were defying gravity. LoL

These same people go out the next day....or so.... and gaol, criminalize and remove junkies children(agreed) for the same thing they are up to every weekend.

The hypocrisy of our nation and the rest of the first world nations, nevermind the people that enforce the so-called laws of such is beyond contempt!

If you did not laugh you would bloody cry.

edit on 27-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

PMSL I know cops and probation officers who are on the party scene on the sly!
Cops don't care about drugs here just anti-social behaviour and public order.
You can be off your nut but behave and it will slide. Everyone knows the smack heads but so long as they behave they get a pass.
Cops chase the crime of addicts like theft, not the crime of possession anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join