It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis compound found to reverse brain aging

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: andy06shake
smoke a doob day should be a holiday, there would be less war, turmoil and abuse for damn sure.

Unless somebody makes it difficult to get when they want it. I've seen my share of pot users get extremely angry if you get between them and their pot. That carefree, hippie-dippy image is yet another old stereotype that doesn't exactly fit reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: andy06shake
smoke a doob day should be a holiday, there would be less war, turmoil and abuse for damn sure.

Unless somebody makes it difficult to get when they want it. I've seen my share of pot users get extremely angry if you get between them and their pot. That carefree, hippie-dippy image is yet another old stereotype that doesn't exactly fit reality.

I see you've met my oldest daughter. I wish that was a joke. Man life with her is unbearable if she's jonesing.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I mean, really? I know a few regular pot smokers, commonly they can't remember what day of the week it is. Does it reverse their brain age back to toddler levels?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This article may better explain what's going on in the aging brain when cannabis is used. It looks like it's not healthy for young people's brains to partake at certain levels.

The broad takeaway from this study is that plant cannabinoids like THC can have very different effects on individuals depending on their age. These differences are likely due to age-related changes in the endocannabinoid system. Elevating cannabinoids levels may help compensate for some of these age-related changes.

www.leafly.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Umm what? Lol can you please learn to spell? Maybe smoking weed will help. You sound very bias and only comparing the one person you know to the rest of the world. Because someone you know smokes weed and has an issue that isn't because of weed, it's because they have other issues and they use weed to cope with it. I smoked close to every day for 25 years and still have an IQ of 137. I have a good career in the IT field and have no problems stopping if I have to. You need to learn some facts before trying to spew nonsense using the one person you know as an example.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That's not because of weed, they are just idiots to begin with. Stop blaming weed or using it as an excuse.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I want my mom to be on weed for her excruciating arthritis/rheumatism but Philippine law enforcement kill people found with "drugs."

She's in pain; barely able to stand.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The Rocky Mountain way is better than the way we had:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Failure after failure has been the story of amyloid-targeting therapies in humans with Alzheimer's.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jondoeuk
Failure after failure has been the story of amyloid-targeting therapies in humans with Alzheimer's.

Yet, the doctors are still have mixed results using medical marijuana on Alzheimer's patients because, the say, they still don't know very much about Alzheimer's.

Early Marijuana Dosages More Effective

Some doctors have begun to release research that shows that cannabis can protect the brain from forming Alzheimer's if it is used earlier in life. The THC in marijuana can help the brain retain memory function if Alzheimer's is diagnosed early enough. It helps memory receptors in the brain to remain healthy for a longer period of time after the initial onset of Alzheimer's. While this does not indicate that THC is an Alzheimer's cure, it does imply that the more devastating effects of the disease can be delayed in patients who use marijuana.

www.1800medicalmarijuana.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: trollz

It seems like ever week we here of possible positive medical application for cannabis.

I can just imagine walking into a nursing home seeing elderly patients strung out on cannabis, lol. "Hey man, this is good stuff, lol."
No one gets "strung out" on cannabis.

(post by LinkedWithInk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by LinkedWithInk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is not just Cannabis. There is a lot of research at the moment regard psycadellics too, and the benafits they have. You have to wonder why the powers that be have tried their hardest to make sure these natural substances stay illegal!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
No it impairs brain function .
It creates pathways that over time the brain gets use to same dose and mice are not men and weed fanatics .
I know a person who is a heavy user and even just weed along Impairs normal thought prosses to the point this person needs intervention and even then it may be to late he is on the verge of losing every thing .
Not much of a difference from him or a alcoholic .

As for wed not being addictive he has quite over and over and over .
Frankly I say yes it should be legal as a person who wants to be stoned high drunk or what ever will and NO law no prison will change that .

I say prevention and using therapy is the only thing that may reduce this country's drug use .
as for your excuses keep them no ones believes for one mint your not full of it even you .

wile weed may help with some medical things so does asprian and even to much of that will eat holes in your stumic .
No such thing as a totally safe drug .
PS I like quite a few other people are allergic to weed .
Now lets say we focus on the medical benefits possible and stop tring to justify your weed habit .

Once its legal through out the us smoke away . But dont wast peoples time with how its so great that you do .

Some people have an addictive personality ,it's like saying we should ban alcohol because some people abuse it, everything in moderation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join