It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis compound found to reverse brain aging

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
No it impairs brain function .
It creates pathways that over time the brain gets use to same dose and mice are not men and weed fanatics .
I know a person who is a heavy user and even just weed along Impairs normal thought prosses to the point this person needs intervention and even then it may be to late he is on the verge of losing every thing .
Not much of a difference from him or a alcoholic .

As for wed not being addictive he has quite over and over and over .
Frankly I say yes it should be legal as a person who wants to be stoned high drunk or what ever will and NO law no prison will change that .

I say prevention and using therapy is the only thing that may reduce this country's drug use .
as for your excuses keep them no ones believes for one mint your not full of it even you .

wile weed may help with some medical things so does asprian and even to much of that will eat holes in your stumic .
No such thing as a totally safe drug .
PS I like quite a few other people are allergic to weed .
Now lets say we focus on the medical benefits possible and stop tring to justify your weed habit .

Once its legal through out the us smoke away . But dont wast peoples time with how its so great that you do .

I own/run a successful business that will scale nationwide this summer. I am a heavy user. Your friend is just a loser, has nothing to do with MJ, sorry.

your post

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
THC was administered to old mice who would normally have lowered cognitive ability, which caused the mice to be mentally rejuvenated and able to function on the same level as younger mice who were in their prime.

And they started to listen to a lot of Pink Floyd.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It creates pathways that over time the brain gets use to same dose and mice are not men and weed fanatics .
I know a person who is a heavy user and even just weed along Impairs normal thought prosses to the point this person needs intervention and even then it may be to late he is on the verge of losing every thing .

Frankly I say yes it should be legal as a person who wants to be stoned high drunk or what ever will and NO law no prison will change that .

I say prevention and using therapy is the only thing that may reduce this country's drug use .
as for your excuses keep them no ones believes for one mint your not full of it even you .

wile weed may help with some medical things so does asprian and even to much of that will eat holes in your stumic .
Now lets say we focus on the medical benefits possible and stop tring to justify your weed habit .

Once its legal through out the us smoke away . But dont wast peoples time with how its so great that you do .

Nothing is safe! you can die if you drink to much water

Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning, hyperhydration, or water toxemia is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by overhydration (excessive water intake).

But we CANT live withouth water, can we??

The fact that you breath, is actually shortening youre life, oxygen is NOT good for you cells
But we CANT live without breathing, can we?

So living is what is killing you, so stop the BS about safe drugs and stop the lecturing!
Youre friend is properly really drepessive and the cannabis use is a symptom of that - I would suggest that you talk to him, if he is really a friend(it doesnt sound like you think of him as a friend, he is just a druguser), then you should help him - tell him that you feel his is overusing and losing it, and ask him why that might be, maybe you can help him - but dont blame the drugs, remember they are only a symptom and it would properly just make him defensive if you start that debate. so dont tell him drugs are his problem, they are just the means of escape from the real problems.

BTW what are youre habits, and how are the better than someone with a weed habit? Do you eat fat, sugar, watch tv, drive a car, or any of the other countless bad habits people have, that are really really bad for us??
I bet you do...
edit on 27-6-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU
BTW what are youre habits, and how are the better than someone with a weed habit? Do you eat fat, sugar, watch tv, drive a car, or any of the other countless bad habits people have, that are really really bad for us??
I bet you do...

Our vices help give us character and personality.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
I've heard that it improves spelling and grammar.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Thanks for pointing that out. I ,however, live in a glass house am very old and partake of the weed myself. My doctor wrote me a script for marinol, but it was crazy expensive, so I told her I would just smoke the stuff I buy from friends.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Anything that causes anxiety or lack of control is not good for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SickWave
Anything that causes anxiety or lack of control is not good for you.

Too many of these posts come up and I normally just ignore them but I feel I really need to say something here. When I was 18 I had a very bad accident at work due to a mistake by the Forman, I paid big time. The pain drugs the doctors gave me were so powerful the best I could do was to sit and drool on myself, they just added extras when they tried to get me to sleep and eat, life really sucked. After five months in the hospital I finally got out, and can you guess what I tried? In a very short time all the chemicals the doctors were pushing went in the trash and things started to look better. I went back to school and graduated in the top 10% of my class with a technical degree. I went on to have a successful career in the engineering field, raised three successful kids, and I was able to retired early. Can you guess what I smoked every day for 40 years?

So just sit there and tell everyone how bad it is, tell them it ruins their life, tell them it fries their brain and that they will just sit on their butt eating chips and watching cartoons. Me, I’ll just relax in my paid-off house with all my cars & money and spark one up while I laugh at the brainwashed people.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yep,from decades of "experimental" trials,I can assure all that strains do different things,and isolating traits can target certain ailments, back crossing and selfing can dial in a strain to a point where it is fairly predictable to a strains benefits. Also having the ability to produce female seeds eliminates time and room wasted for people that don't have time and room to waste to get the meds they know work,and need.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SickWave

Different strains do different things. I bet you smoked mexi or panama red/gold. Sativa is cerebral, indica is more body effect,hence why big pharma are making the move,its all there in one little plant.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Small doses of treat people sick. It is necessary to recognize this fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I get you were joking but "strung out on cannabis" is not a thing.

Strung out on heroin is a thing.

Just because it is scheduled with heroin does not mean it should be talked about in the same light using the same terms.

There is no "strung out on cannabis" that is impossible.

We gotta stop feeding the lies.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You're so wrong.

Catch up, get with reality, you are going to be left behind with this ignorant deceptive and lazy thinking.

This is only your opinion and it is glaringly flawed.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Claiming "No, it impairs brain function" with such certainty makes you look super foolish.

You're the one wasting time and you're doing the world a disservice by putting your energy into keeping the ignorant bull$h!t alive.

Either put in some honest effort to educate yourself or keep your propaganda laden and fearful opinions to yourself.

Cannabis is NOT addictive. Not even close. Drugs such as opiates and benzodiazapines are addictive. The difference is night and day.

Cannabis is extremely valuable in it's ability to aid a person through the withdrawal symptoms that come with the truly addictive substances.

Cold turkey cessation of cannabis use does not result in a detox period or any withdrawal that is even worth mentioning. Running out of pot is completely safe and will do no harm nor will it hurt at all. This remains true no matter how much someone has been using, no matter how frequent.

The same cannot be said for so many acceptable drugs. Going cold turkey off alcohol or benzos can kill you, when it doesn't it can permanently damage you.

Antidepressants, blood pressure medications like clonidine, gabapentin.......the list goes on.......these drugs are actually addictive and harmful if stopped suddenly.

If someone wants to argue that weed is addictive, sure, about as addictive as maybe coffee..maybe..

To compare this to true addiction is an offensive bad joke that screams ignorance.

Some people should save their comments for a subject of which they have at least a little bit of knowledge.
edit on 28-6-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Duplicate post...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Yup I agree heavy user here also, only use it in my spare time just gotten fast tracked for management in my company. I know many people in very high level jobs who use it every day.
Much much safer than booze.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

That's your experience. I used to work for a team of Stoned Masons, all 4 who worked that team were stoned all day every day. The work we did was first class. Did your friend start smoking it before his brain had fully matured (I. E still a teenager) because that's when you see problems in the way the brain develops...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: trollz
THC was administered to old mice who would normally have lowered cognitive ability, which caused the mice to be mentally rejuvenated and able to function on the same level as younger mice who were in their prime.

And they started to listen to a lot of Pink Floyd.

Stereotypical......really not that funny my friend.

Comments like this, though not nearly as foolish as many others, need to die.

This too is only helping keep the reefer madness born deception alive.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There are limits all the same, take Spice for instance, that stuff is downright dangerous and came about as a direct result of normal Cannabis being illegal.

Obviously, all drugs are not 100% safe, but some are a hell of a lot less detrimental to our health than others.

Hence the hypocrisy of our Goobements is self-evident really.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't care about spice.
Booze is one of the most dangerous drugs there are and it is available everywhere.
Because of that I don't personally entertain the idea of making any other drug illegal.

And people that have never tried grass really have no valid opinion imo. How can they?

You can't have an opinion that holds water on this issue if you have never tried it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Sorry just to clarify, have you tried it yourself?

Everyone can have an opinion, whether or not said opinion contains any validity seems to be the issue.

Can you imagine what would happen if our respective societies attempted to ban Alcohol in this day of age?

Look at how prohibition in the last century turned out, all we would do is create another black market economy with the criminal element at the epicenter.

Just like it is now in the UK with Weed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join