It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Ordinary Meds Cause Depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For me, investigative journalist Jon Rappoport is one of my most trusted sources.

Clearly, there is something very wrong with mainstream medicine, as this article by him dated June 14, 2018 reveals:

Many ordinary meds cause depression; public trust in Pharma hits new low

—For years, I’ve been writing about the medical system’s self-feeding mechanism:

Give a patient a drug to treat his symptoms; the drug causes new symptoms, which are diagnosed as a new illness; and then new drugs are given, and those drugs cause still more symptoms, which in turn are diagnosed as a new condition…on and on it goes. Drugged patients suffer tragically and needlessly, and cash piles up in Big Pharma’s coffers.

At one time, this circle of devastation might have been called an accident. But now, all the experts know the truth. Therefore, this is rightly labeled a MARKETING STRATEGY, and, at the highest levels, a covert op to disable the population.

Here is a new revelation:

Suppose your doctor told you this: “I’m prescribing an antidepressant because the other drugs you’ve been taking have a side effect—they cause depression.”

You might say, “Wow, where is my compensation for suffering depression?”

The answer, of course, is: Nowhere.

Yahoo News (6/12) has the story: “One third of Americans are taking prescription and over-the-counter drugs, such as birth control pills, antacids and common heart medications, that may raise the risk of depression, researchers warned on Tuesday.”

“Since the drugs are so common, people may be unaware of their potential depressive effects, said the report in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).”

“’Many may be surprised to learn that their medications, despite having nothing to do with mood or anxiety or any other condition normally associated with depression, can increase their risk of experiencing depressive symptoms, and may lead to a depression diagnosis,’ said lead author Dima Qato, assistant professor of pharmacy systems, outcomes and policy at the University of Illinois at Chicago.”

Here is the kicker: “The report was released one week after US health authorities said suicides have risen 30 percent in the past two decades, with about half of suicides among people who were not known to suffer from mental illness.”

“Anti-depressants are the only drug class that carries an explicit warning — called a black box warning — of suicide risk.”

“For other common medications — like blood pressure lowering pills, antacids known as proton pump inhibitors, painkillers and hormonal contraceptives — the warnings are harder to find or simply don’t exist in the packaging.”

And who knew this? “Researchers found that more than 200 commonly used prescription drugs have depression or suicidal symptoms listed as potential side effects.”

In the Yahoo article’s comments section, one person writes: “That explains why so many heart patients get diagnosed with clinical depression and PTSD. I went from 0 pills a day to over 20 a day after a heart attack. Several months later after becoming clinically depressed I was [p]ut on antidepressants.”

Quite possibly, the depression wasn’t simply the reaction to having a heart attack. The drugs used to treat the attack were at fault.

Hundreds of meds causing depression have produced a $$ bonanza for the psychiatric drug business: THOSE drugs OVER THERE cause depression; THESE drugs HERE treat it.

Of course, the SSRI antidepressants (e.g., Paxil, Zoloft) contain warnings about suicidal effects—because they, too, cause depression. And my readers know I’ve been presenting evidence for years about the ability of antidepressants to cause people to commit violence, including murder.

This is quite a “situation.” Hundreds of ordinary meds bring on depression. Doctors then prescribe antidepressants, which can deepen depression and push people into suicide and homicide.

Taking this further, the official solution to mass shootings is “earlier intervention with people at risk,” which means more psychiatric clinics, more diagnoses of mental disorders, and more drugging with compounds which induce violent actions.

Here is a new report indicating the public may be waking up to “the brutal pharma game”. From fiercepharma.com (June 13): [Public] Trust has hit a new low for pharma in Edelman’s annual Trust Barometer survey. The 13-point drop from 51% to 38% in the U.S. was the category’s biggest plummet in the five years the public relations and marketing firm has been tracking [public] sentiment…Pharma’s score of 38 puts it firmly in distrusted territory…”

None of this press coverage digs deeper into the tragedy. As I’ve been reporting for several years now, the landmark mainstream report on the effects of pharmaceuticals was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association on July 26, 2000.

Written by Dr. Barbara Starfield, a revered researcher at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, the report—“Is US Health Really the Best in the World?”—concluded that, annually, these drugs kill 106,000 Americans. Extrapolating that number out to a decade, the drugs kill a MILLION people.

In 2009, I interviewed Dr. Starfield. She adamantly stated that the US government had never consulted her about fixing the horror; nor had they launched any program to reverse the catastrophic trend.

When I label this overall operation chemical warfare against the population, I’m not exaggerating.

For obvious reasons, the mainstream press refuses to reveal the truth. It’s not only Big Pharma’s advertising revenues that are on the line, it’s the chaos that would be caused by cracking a foundational pillar of modern society.

Reality itself would undergo a vast disruption, as branches of the secular religion called modern medicine collapsed in full view of the public.

jonrappoport.wordpress.com...

It takes a strong stomach to face what's going on, rather than make excuses for it.

Or lie about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well- that explains some of my problems, and probably the nonstop, unfixable stress that I have. Come to the US. Die a slow, painful horrible death by depression.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I like the work of dissident psychiatrist Peter Breggin, MD.

Peter Breggin MD
Published on Jul 20, 2012

Simple Truth Series @ breggin.com... ... Trailblazing psychiatrist Peter R. Breggin, MD in his first of the series: Simple Truths About Psychiatry: Do You Have A Biochemical Imbalance? Dr. Breggin debunks the myth of biochemical imbalance and examines what is known about "mental illness." Further information may be found on Dr. Breggin's website and in his many books, including his latest: "Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal: A Guide for Prescribers, Therapists, Patients and Their Families." See more at his website www.breggin.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The drugs given to mental patients do one thing, it alters the brain/as he says it changes the brain. True, but the fact is it ALTERS the brain.
I really think pot for many people would be the choice of treatment, but its free, no money in it for pharma, at least not yet.

You know a new drug always comes out with the patient runs out. Its designed that way. I admire this doctor for his honesty, but risperdal does stop hearing voices, well not really, they (the voices) are miles away in the brain.

The very sad part is and for those of you reading this, once on these atypical class 2 drugs, try quitting, the possible end result: suicide , the brain just stops thinking normally and tells the inner spirit its time to kill yourself.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The very sad part is and for those of you reading this, once on these atypical class 2 drugs, try quitting, the possible end result: suicide , the brain just stops thinking normally and tells the inner spirit its time to kill yourself.

Quitting under a doctor's care is the answer.

Never do it cold turkey.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

It's probably part of the depopulation agenda.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It is and that's why it's imperative that people wise up.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

I hope he has good security...
People like him usually end up dying of u"nique circumstances". Lake falling asleep with a pillow smothering you.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Jeez,

The trust people give to strangers because they have PHD.

Side effects and symptoms of all pharmaceutical drugs come either in or on the packaging here in Australia.

Its a shame society need to point a finger when its each individuals responsibility to know about their own body and what they put into it.

Depression being a side effect is very common in pharmaceuticals because you are adding external chemicals to the chemicals you have inside,

Its how our emotions work, a chemical reaction happens and we feel, happy, sad, etc.

adding chems will effect these emotions.

The real issue is not whats in the drugs, its the blind consumption by society of something that is out in the open but more often than not ignored until its pointed out.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Those chemicals are being put in food as well.

I have a theory that the 3rd Reich did not die with Hitler - Hitler was just a name to distract the public. What we know happened in Nazi Germany was not a German thing - experiments on how to kill people using medicine and food.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I am indebted to Alex Jones for what he has taught me.

He was the first to educate me about 9/11 and false flag terror.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
With anxiety you might have too much dopamine either because you do not eat the proper foods, or you may break down dopamine too much. In those cases, you may need to block eat more dopamine increasing foods or supplement with acetylcholinesterase promotors. Acetycholinesterase breaks down acetylcholine, promoting it means it works faster. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter, it makes you wiser. If you aren't wise, then you can't see your mess ups and believe things are going all right. It hides the truth most times. Antidepressants are usually promotors of acetylcholinesterase, meaning they block choline use in the body. Breaking down dopamine is done by either the mao genes or the ComT genes. You could break them down too good then you need to eat more foods containing tyramines, or dopamine promoting foods. If you don't, then you need meds to compensate. If you break them down poorly, you need to limit the moderation of consuming these foods, if you eat too much you get doped up. Soy sauce and rotted Norwegean fish or Worcestershire sause is not good for you. The Ummami taste dopes you up if overconsumed. This can lead to getting depressed when something goes wrong, paxil and prozac and blood thinners would make this problem worse, consuming more foods containing natural acetylcholinesterase inhibitors is best for this. More veggies in your diet can help this, but organic is the way to go because the inhibitors in pesticides and herbicides are permanent inhibitors which can lead to anxiety. You can also use a little sage or even coffee and for these people eating eggs helps, they contain choline. Choline and betaine are similar but conversion varies by genetics influence on proper enzyme production. Not everyone can be a vegetarian. Not everyone can live off meats alone.

Ok, I confused half of you with all the big names. Just make sure to moderate your diet, some that settle you and some that make you smarter. If it gets lopsided, they have a pharma drug for that or just plain way cheaper supplements that do the same thing. Symptoms of anxiety and depression are hard to tell apart sometimes, especially when the patient is messed up and cannot correctly answer a patients questions correctly. Most time adjusting diet can make up for these things. Some people need Pizza, others need fresh meat and veggies. If the person who needs the high umammi foods like pizza and aged foods does not get them they can get messed up. If the people who can't break down the aged chemistry get too much, they get delusional. Moderation is better than avoidance most times. Getting the proper amount for the enzymes you produce to process them is the best way, I do not know what happened to people's automatic craving mechinisms working correctly. Now another thing, with a diet containing mostly processed foods, including organic, it can lead to problems. Also there are a half a dozen more common conditions I have studied where people cannot eat too high a concentration of raw veggies of one type or another. Different veggies have different properties. As an example, look up the celery allergy, it is caused by either the uginol in it or a person's intolerance with the balsam of perue allergy.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A lot of very useful info in that post.

Anyone can chase up and verify what Rickymouse has said or simply use what is in the post to ask questions of their doctor to maybe adjust their diets which can make quite a change in an individuals life.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Anyone can chase up and verify what Rickymouse has said or simply use what is in the post to ask questions of their doctor to maybe adjust their diets which can make quite a change in an individuals life.

Half the doctors do not even know exactly how the meds work. They are told to try to give meds for many things that have a side effect of blocking utilization of choline. Most of the first long term meds prescribed to people block choline use in the body. I am disappointed in the medical and Pharma industries in this country. I am glad I quit following my original desire to become a Doctor when I detected corruption in the industry back when I was in college in Pre-med. I knew after ten more years I would be brainwashed to start thinking of patients as cash cows.

I am trying to find a way to get it so people get proper cravings so they do not get sick. Blocking choline also dampens the immune system. Blocking Folate is another problem that some meds do.
edit on 27-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Half the doctors do not even know exactly how the meds work. They are told to try to give meds for many things that have a side effect of blocking utilization of choline. Most of the first long term meds prescribed to people block choline use in the body. I am disappointed in the medical and Pharma industries in this country. I am glad I quit following my original desire to become a Doctor when I detected corruption in the industry back when I was in college in Pre-med. I knew after ten more years I would be brainwashed to start thinking of patients as cash cows.

I am trying to find a way to get it so people get proper cravings so they do not get sick. Blocking choline also dampens the immune system. Blocking Folate is another problem that some meds do.

When I started having the seizures (especially that really awful one), I literally had the doc of the moment tell me he had no clue, and then prescribed some anti seizure med, which did exactly nothing but make me sleep almost 24/7. Jury is *still* out on what's causing them, btw. A friend suggested it could be cardiovascular. Since nothing else has checked out, I will be asking my current, much more competent doctor about this angle.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
When I was first prescribed Valium a while back, I thought it was the answer to my problems. It made me feel great. Then a few hours later there was a horrible bounce-back and I got extremely depressed to the point where suicide seemed like a reasonable, rational choice. The chemical shift depressed me, along with the knowledge that this drug was really not going to work for me after all.

Talk about a bummer.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here is John Bergman (a holistic doctor and Chiropractor) ranting about medication. He speaks about how, if a healthy person took medication it would cause illness as well as other things about medication.
This is just a 5 minute rant to get started.

And this one is a full length talk..... it is amazing... he is so logical about health... it all make so much sense.

edit on 6-3-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Well- that explains some of my problems, and probably the nonstop, unfixable stress that I have. Come to the US. Die a slow, painful horrible death by depression.

Well, that's one way to put it. On the other hand, surgery and other branches of medicine are quite capable I think.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

top topics

join