It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DNC message for 2018 . . . 2020

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but Democrats are not progressives. This is not to say that there are not progressive Democrats, but the party is controlled by neo-liberal party members who function as moderate Democrats. They do not represent the people, much less progressives; and that is largely why the party continues to fail. The DNC would rather lose elections that embrace progressives.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was thinking more on the lines if you don't vote for us we will start a civil war we did it once we will again.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I never knew this was a thing until now; looked into it and see that it's only ever Democrats that push it and it's never really been wholeheartedly pursued.

I learned that there is a "shadow representative" of Washington D.C position (a position which Jesse Jackson held) which is able to vote in House committees, but not able to vote on the House floor, although they can introduce legislation and have it cosponsored by full members of the House of representatives.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
(Caveat; this is speculation based on the MSM and is satire, mostly)

Hi! We're the DNC!

We're not going to lower your taxes. They're crumbs anyway so it's not like you'll miss them. We're even going to raise taxes, because you need what we want to mandate you to have.

Unemployment? It's too low. Not enough people are relying on government services, and really, that hurts our feelings. So we want to up that puppy so you can rely on us some more. We can't make you dance if you aren't under our control.

Borders. Borders-Shmorders. Borders are so 20th century. We're progressives! We believe that the opportunity to rely on government exists for all people regardless of where you come from.

Wars. We hate wars. Can't stand them. But they pay the bills so what-are-ya-gonna-do!

North Korea. We had a good thing going on but Trump ruined it with talks of peace. Peace don't pay the bills brah! Gotta ramp up fear so you can rely on us some more because we want you to be afraid be cause of what we did so you can run to us to protect you!

And finally, if you don't vote for the DNC, well, you're Hitler. We'll harass you at restaurants, gas stations, your home. We'll threaten your children, your spouse, and we'll try to get you fired! Remember Roseanne? HAHAHAHAHA!

Thank you and remember, vote DNC this year and every year afterwards or we'll ruin you.

DBC IS the SNL of ATS!

All hail DBC!!!

(this IS what you always wanted, right?)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I would love a DC Statehood. Ends that pesky lack of term limits debate real quick like. Lack of statehood made the Supreme Court decision on Heller vs DC very important as well. In fact the four dissenters should have immediately went through impeachment proceedings and subsequent removal for Article 6 violations. For two reasons. Congress controls DC laws per the Constitution so local city council ordinances are irrelevant and the Second is crystal clear about Federal Government infringing of firearms.

If all privately owned property had the same protections spelled out for firearms specifically, there probably wouldn’t even be a Democratic Party today. Especially not the current form of tax and spend plutocrats that say they want to soak the rich.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You mentioned Bernie and Superdelegates. I just supplied the optics for easy to understand digestion of facts with similes. And though you didn’t ask, Republican gulags are in East Tennessee, heart of Appalachia, where kill a commie for mommy isn’t just a mantra, it is a way of life.

Has nothing to do with the fact that the University of Tennessee Body Farm where cadaver dogs and forensic pathologists hone their skills is in the area. And I absolutely was not the one that suggested to admissions a recruitment slogan of “UT, where students don’t flunk out, they just become part of the curriculum.”

Anyone that says I submitted that is an absolute liar.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Borders. Borders-Shmorders. Borders are so 20th century. We're progressives!

It's time to treat gun control like border control.

Undocumented.

No background checks.

And ALL are welcome.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So, 4 pages in and no one has been able to convincingly articulate what it the Democrats platform is?

That's all very flowery, but publicly, their ONLY platform is, "We hate Trump just as much as you do! We're not Trump!"

Seriously. Watch just about ANY democrat political ad up for re-election in Nov. and that's what you will see.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yep.

Hell they're even blaming Trump for the rise of people buying bunkers.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Chinese whispers are saying that Trump won't run for a second term.

Any thoughts?

4D chess?

Quit while he's winning?

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't run a 2nd term if I was him, but then I wouldn't have wanted the job at all. He is good at being a business man and we needed a firm hand over the thieves running us in the ground for the NWO. I applaud his efforts to do what is right for American citizens.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The Democrat only need to have a platform of ....

No changes to Social Security and no changes to Medicare.

Old people vote....If the GOP follows Trumps lead it will issue in a bigly backlash, believe me...
No, we don't believe you, AT ALL.

One bitter ol'man ain't and won't change nothin'.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Arnie123 because: Mmm

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Applause!

A run-of-the-mill member, Gryphon66, has applauded your activity on this thread. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received nothing besides the member’s appreciation, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this silly attempt at humor, LOL.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: crap

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Democrat Massage is Clear...

Stop with the Amygdala Hijacking!

The meltdowns are making the floor sticky...

Meltdowns, I thought it was from all the Trump supporters circle jerks.
Be sure and wash your hands when you boys are finished.

Well, I am guessing no one pays you to think then if that post is any indication. Who states crap like you just did but immature punks. Oh you didn't bend that low, really ?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I would love a DC Statehood. Ends that pesky lack of term limits debate real quick like. Lack of statehood made the Supreme Court decision on Heller vs DC very important as well. In fact the four dissenters should have immediately went through impeachment proceedings and subsequent removal for Article 6 violations. For two reasons. Congress controls DC laws per the Constitution so local city council ordinances are irrelevant and the Second is crystal clear about Federal Government infringing of firearms.

If all privately owned property had the same protections spelled out for firearms specifically, there probably wouldn’t even be a Democratic Party today. Especially not the current form of tax and spend plutocrats that say they want to soak the rich.

DC is like London. Not the city of London but the other London!

]]]]]]]]]

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I heard they're changing their mascot from a jackass to a swamp creature. They haven't decided who to model it after yet since there are so many to choose from.

How about "The Blob"

It sucks up everything in its path and expands till it covers everything. www.youtube.com...
Couldn't resist

edit on 27-6-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
I'm sorry, but Democrats are not progressives. This is not to say that there are not progressive Democrats, but the party is controlled by neo-liberal party members who function as moderate Democrats. They do not represent the people, much less progressives; and that is largely why the party continues to fail. The DNC would rather lose elections that embrace progressives.

Progressives are eating up the Democrats. It's THE BLOB!
sorry couldn't resiste

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
A Reply To: angeldoll

Not worth it?

Look at your signature. You've cut off all debate before you've had a chance to hear the other side. You're right, and everyone else with a different idea is wrong.

Who are you to say "not worth it"?
edit on 28-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: IAMTAT

How did the DNC f Bernie over again?

You know. And this is so unintelligent to try to pretend you are ignorant on ATS after all these years.

ETA

If we did down arrows on ATS that one would have the most in this thread. You attempt to insult the intelligence of the Bernie people and the rest of us.
edit on 28-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

No plan for the economy.

No plan for unemployment.

Even the stuff they preach about like free college and healthcare - no plan whatsoever.

Their entire platform is "We aren't Trump" and that's all they got. How can they even call themselves a political party?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
more of the same.....that didn't take long
www.sfexaminer.com...

NEW YORK — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the 28-year-old former bartender and Bernie Sanders campaign organizer who won a stunning congressional primary victory against a powerful New York incumbent Tuesday, said she would support impeaching President Donald Trump if she wins in November. “I would support impeachment,” the first-time candidate told CNN Wednesday. “I think that, you know, we have the grounds to do it.

impeachment....yippie

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join