It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emin Agalarov trolls Trump with a new video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Btw, serious question here: Did you know that JFK and Khrushchev had a backchannel so as to avoid their crazy deep state advisors and that backchannel was responsible for deescalating the missile crisis?

Because they are so very much like Trump and Putin, one can barely tell them apart.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You mean this?
en.wikipedia.org...

No. It was started after the missile crisis.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I would like to hear Putin sing a little song to Trump.

It might begin with

"If you want my money

and you think I'm sexy

come on honey let me know".

What do you think? Sounds like it could be a hit!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, I don't mean that at all. Here's a little sneak peek but it's actually a much larger story and Krushchev even went to bat for JFK with Castro.

On Saturday evening, after a day of tense discussions within the "ExComm" or Executive Committee of senior advisers, President Kennedy decided on a dual strategy—a formal letter to Khrushchev accepting the implicit terms of his October 26 letter (a U.S. non-invasion pledge in exchange for the verifiable departure of Soviet nuclear missiles), coupled with private assurances to Khrushchev that the United States would speedily take out its missiles from Turkey, but only on the basis of a secret understanding, not as an open agreement that would appear to the public, and to NATO allies, as a concession to blackmail. The U.S. president elected to transmit this sensitive message through his brother, Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, who met in his office at the Justice Department with Soviet ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin.

link

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Some more from "The More You Know" dept: Did you know we actually have a lot in common with Russia? Moreso than say, Saudi Arabia" but that's a whole 'nuther subject.

Did you know that President Trump actually has been harder on Russia than Obama was? Hey, btw, did you see the recent news about Obama's stand down order as regards the "Russian interference" reports"

Did you know that the Trump admin has never given control of significant amounts of uranium to Russia? Hard to believe I know but it's true. If you need links just ask but it's a simple Google.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Oh.
I wouldn't call it a "back channel" as you described it and the "red phone" would seem to be more efficient.

Pretty far off topic so early in the thread, in any case.

Did you know that the Trump admin has never given control of significant amounts of uranium to Russia?
You mean uranium production capability? Yes, I did know that.

edit on 6/26/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: DJW001

Interesting how the first two responses, within minutes, take Russia's perspective and immediately get, what, four or five stars? In less time than it takes to view the video!
Oh here Snookims have a star .

Why not give me a start flag, luv? That would help.this thread float to the top of thenfeed?

Explains a lot of why you don’t seem to be taken seriously here a lot of times. You are actually soliciting to get stars and flags! First I’ve seen that.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Interesting how the first two responses, within minutes, take Russia's perspective and immediately get, what, four or five stars? In less time than it takes to view the video!

Why not give me a start flag, luv? That would help.this thread float to the top of thenfeed?

Explains a lot of why you don’t seem to be taken seriously here a lot of times. You are actually soliciting to get stars and flags! First I’ve seen that.

Nice attempt at a contrafactual. Pointing out thread gainging is not "soliciting stars and flags."

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Did you know that Russia has its own language and the USA does not . Well if you leave out all the other languages they don't .

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Nice attempt at a contrafactual. Pointing out thread gainging is not "soliciting stars and flags."

You are getting very difficult to understand.

And your Russian singer is singing in English...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I would like to hear Putin sing a little song to Trump.

It might begin with

"If you want my money

and you think I'm sexy

come on honey let me know".

What do you think? Sounds like it could be a hit!

Maybe.
I needs some dun nah dah nah na dananata dah danata da.....

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh.
I wouldn't call it a "back channel" as you described it and the "red phone" would seem to be more efficient.

Pretty far off topic so early in the thread, in any case.

Like I said there's more to that story and to be honest you're kind of thick when it comes to things outside of debunking UFO vids and educating you is a little tiring as a result. Zero sum even.

No, it's not off-topic imo. The deep state has played the Russia card for various stupid reasons for decades now and contrary to some's belief they don't always know best or have our best interests at heart. Just ask JFK. Might need a Ouija Board for that one though.

edit on 26-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Ad homs suit you.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Oh.

Sure it was---told you there was more to it, Phage, it was a continuation and a great effort to further diplomacy, I wouldn't lie to you...The More You Know!

After the fiasco of the Bay of Pigs in April, however, coupled with Kennedy’s deep concern about the stability of the Southeast Asian country of Laos in the face of a Soviet-backed insurgency, the Kennedy brothers decided to explore the Russian love for secret back channels. Starting in late May 1961, Robert would meet at least 35 times—an extraordinary number—over the next 19 months with a Soviet intelligence officer named Georgi Bolshakov (of the military intelligence service, then as now called the GRU) to voice his brother’s hope for a lessening of tensions between the superpowers. Unsurprisingly, the press and public knew nothing about these meetings. But Kennedy also kept most of them a secret from the rest of his administration. National Security Adviser McGeorge Bundy would not know the extent of these meetings until three decades later. Kennedy’s most influential biographer, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr., and his close aide and speechwriter Theodore Sorensen knew little of these contacts at the time. Robert often met with the Soviet agent in his office at DOJ; the FBI might have caught whiff of these tête-à-têtes, but the CIA was in the dark.

In the fall of 1962, when the Kennedy brothers suspected RFK’s interlocutor of having become a source of disinformation about Soviet missile activities in Cuba, they switched the back channel from Bolshakov to the Soviet ambassador, Anatoly Dobrynin. This secret contact, as many now know,would be influential in securing a peaceful end to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Slate

See...you really were being obtuse and thick in the face of facts. That's not an ad hom jus' sayin'.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: The GUT
Btw, serious question here: Did you know that JFK and Khrushchev had a backchannel so as to avoid their crazy deep state advisors and that backchannel was responsible for deescalating the missile crisis?

Because they are so very much like Trump and Putin, one can barely tell them apart.

Moreso than you apparently are educated on no offense. Some deep reading would show you there's more to that simile than you might think.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Interesting story. Thanks.

It is very human—and sometimes politically useful—to see parallels in history. But any comparison between these two cases requires first asking the simple question: Who benefits? Given the financial entanglements and conflicts of interests surrounding this president, and the activities of the Russian government in trying to bring him into office, such a relationship, if it exists, is likely to be revealed as very different from the one encouraged by the Kennedys years ago. In the 1960s, we know now, a president and his closest adviser took creative and audacious steps to make the world a safer place. Happy 100th birthday, JFK.

www.slate.com...

And yes, it was an ad hom. I freely admit when I am ignorant about something and your second post provided far more information. Ignorance is not stupidity.
edit on 6/26/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Good lord...Robert Kennedy meet with the Russians over 35 times in 19 months. If Robert Mueller hears about this, there will be another indictment.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I gave you a source palatable to your prejudice.

Given the financial entanglements and conflicts of interests surrounding this president, and the activities of the Russian government in trying to bring him into office, such a relationship, if it exists...

Boy that's a convoluted and presumptive sentence right there. Bet you can see that.

It's important that we understand the history that has shaped our foreign policy and strategies up until this very day. That period and a little before those events, say 1947 and the National Security Act and the creation of the CIA, is very germane to the present outside of the question of Trump, btw, and well worth digging into.

The deep state game hasn't changed much as regards how it uses Russia for various means to an ends that don't really have much to do with Russia. Not directly anyway. I can recommend some fascinating & relevant material on Allen & Foster Dulles and how Frank Wisner anticipated using the "Progressive" movement to manipulate America if you're interested. I'm glad you learned something new today even if you were rather imperious in your premature dismissal of the documented history presented.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Good lord...Robert Kennedy meet with the Russians over 35 times in 19 months. If Robert Mueller hears about this, there will be another indictment.

Well Mueller did indict a company that didn't exist at the time of his allegations, so it's not that much of a leap.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I freely admit when I am ignorant about something and your second post provided far more information. Ignorance is not stupidity.

Fair enough. I strive to base my opinions and arguments in a well thought out way and challenge myself to study both sides of any issue with a willingness to follow the truth wherever it leads. Certainly I'm not perfect in my opinions but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find me pulling assertions about matters of fact out of my behind. I sincerely do think further study along the lines I recommended would be somewhat of an eye-opener as far as the dichotomy of what we're told about our policies and the realities behind them. I also suggested leaving Trump out of it for a minute so as to get an understanding of why we might be hearing so much rhetoric about Russia. Doing that just might bring greater understanding and if it turns out that Trump didn't collude in any significant way with the Russians even greater revelation. If he did collude I'll certainly admit I was wrong, but I see a pattern here and it's consistent with historical facts. As far as the ad homs, are you not aware that for years you've been rather imperious and intellectually dismissive of many folk here? That's been my impression and you've done it to some folk I care about and we didn't even have a mud pit then. I only pick at those I perceive bullies, Sir. Imo you not only bring some of that on yourself, you should probably toughen up a bit if you're gonna roll in the mud. And have a stronger fact base of any topic you go "on guarde" in if minor ego bruises are that much of an issue. So there it is. Anyhoo and again: I do believe my suggestions as far as historical study topics is not only good advice but a fascinating journey.

The following is an exceptional read and sourced well enough for a start. I only suggest it first because it is a great read and cuts to some of the chase, gives a broad overview of topics to come, is written by a liberal which might ease some shocks, and will tell if you want dig further into more scholarly works.

The Devil's Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government

edit on 27-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join