It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does The Democratic Party Have So Many Violent and UnCivil People.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: carewemust

Yet when you look at incidents over the past 2 years, the vast majority have been committed by DEMOCRATS against REPUBLICANS.

i dont know one way or the other but why we only looking at 2 years?

why not look at the past 25 or 50 years?

If you can find more statistics, by all means, please share them. Like I said in the O.P., the information is hard to come by.

not really a statistic but i dont care to spend more than a few seconds looking

www.thenation.com...

In the real world, since the end of the Vietnam era, the overwhelming majority of serious political violence—not counting vandalism or punches thrown at protests, but violence with lethal intent—has come from the fringes of the right. Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project says that “if you go back to the 1960s, you see all kinds of left-wing terrorism, but since then it’s been exceedingly rare.”

Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, told NPR that “when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders.

A 2015 survey of law-enforcement agencies conducted by the Police Executive Research Forum and the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security found that the police rate antigovernment extremists as a greater threat than reactionary Islamists. The authors wrote that “right-wing violence appears consistently greater than violence by Muslim extremists in the United States since 9/11, according to multiple definitions in multiple datasets.”

I've looked into this claim, and it's not as clear cut as it seems at first. Many of the criteria they use to label someone a "right wing extremist" apply to both sides of the aisle. For example in one "study" they labeled anti-government or anti-authority mindsets as right-wing. That's asinine. There are plenty of left-wingers who are anti-government and who reject or hate authority figures, such as police.

Mind you, these are the same people who call a suicide at 2am in the parking lot of a school that's been closed for months a "school shooting".

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

Its a bell curve. 80% of the population could give a rat's arse.

The 10% on the extreme left or extreme right cause most the problems that the rest of us have to listen to day after day.

Since controversial BS sells, guess who gets most of the attention?

You're saying that both parties commit violent acts against the other, but the liberal acts get the media attention?

Currently, yes because of who is president. When it was Obama in office, the birthers got coverage...for example.

It swings back and forth.

I understand what you're saying. But I don't remember seeing "birthers" coming after Obama Admin staff in public, and at their homes. Did you see the video of how Mitch McConnell and his wife were approached by left-wing thugs today, while leaving their home? It was chilling, until Ms. McConnell shut them up.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Even though both sides have suffered disappointments, the "Right" is better equipped mentally to cope with them, and take proactive action to turn things around

There is actually research to back this up. A few months ago I did this thread about a supposed claim that fear and anxiety drive conservative views, where I exposed that the study that's often cited with this claim actually found the opposite. The research found that conservatives tended to cope with difficult or unpleasant situations better through constructive analysis and figuring out ways to deal with the problem. Liberals tended to not want to face unpleasant realities, which leaves them lacking in coping ability when they have no choice, like the past 2 years of Trump being their president.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

Because liberalism is a mental disease

Then the DNC needs to disavow itself from these extremists, while there's still time to salvage the party.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: wdkirk

I don't remember 'birthers' stopping traffic and causing events to be cancelled....

agreed. the Dems are more adamant in their anti-trump stance.

yea but how many liberal mentalists have killed, ran people over with cars, or beaten other protesters to a pulp vs right wing mental cases

I have no data on how often that is happening however, I would agree that Dems bad behaviors get a lot of press.

Most people form their beliefs based on what their favorite press/media tells them. That's very important to how they vote.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Republicans wanted Obama out of office too. It took years, but it was FINALLY done at the ballot box... the CIVIL way.

Done at the ballot box?

How so?

He served his 2 terms and left, so Republicans never got him out at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Very true. Emotional vulnerability make certain personalities ripe for the picking. I suppose that's why Democrats want to be the party that invites people into this country. Once inside, they're grateful and vote Democratic.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Your opinion makes a lot of sense wdkirk. What we're seeing is simply people who are mad/disappointed and looking for a way to vent. It's not like they HATE lower taxes, President Trump the person, or are intrinsically evil in nature. They're mad because everyone failed them in 2016. Obama, Hillary, Dems in Congress, the Media, and now we're learning, the corrupt leadership of the FBI too.

Good point!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I was embarrassed as a Trump supporter when he was insulting people on the campaign trail. So I know somewhat how you feel. The important thing is to focus on the big picture. The overall goal of the party, or individual running for office.

You're wise enough to do that, but like you said, the LEADERS of the Democratic party need to shut-down the haters.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why?

Mature intelligent people seek rational peaceful productive solutions to their problems.

Childish emotionally undeveloped lack wits throw tantrums and strike out violently until they get their way - or get sent to a corner for a time out, the liberal equivalent of which is a safe space crying room.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I don't know what their problem is. I am left leaning on a lot of issues, but not all. When I see the left becoming violent accosting people because they wear a hat they don't like or damaging property it really disgusts me. I don't want to be a part of that group. It would be different if their leaders came out and denounced that behavior, but they didn't and don't it makes me sick.

I have never, nor will I ever, complain about a hat someone chooses to wear. However it is a personal offense to me and so should it be to all true Americans to think that American was never great. At what point did we need to m.a.g.a? Hasn't it always been?

As a veteran, I've always been proud of my GREAT country! That's why when Trump was running, I used the MAEG, instead the MAGA. MAEG= Make America Even Greater!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: hoss53

a reply to: hoss53

why does that offend you?
seems silly to get offended over how others feel about the country they live in

Answer the question. When did American stop being great?

Jan 20, 2009

A date that will live in the world of Zer0

😃⚖😃

For yours truly, 2009 was great from a cultural perspective. No fat-cat country club White guy running the country for once. But after that initial thrill wore off, came R-E-A-L-I-T-Y...and it wasn't pretty like Obama's smile.
edit on 6/26/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Since Liberals and Conservatives have the same genes, it boils down to upbringing, I suppose. Those whom I know in the inner-city have always "depended" on government. Democrats promise big government, hence a natural attraction for those who like the benefits that come with it. The bigger the better.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Republicans wanted Obama out of office too. It took years, but it was FINALLY done at the ballot box... the CIVIL way.

Done at the ballot box?

How so?

Trump beating Hillary is what removed Obama. Everyone knows Hillary would have continued every single failed and destructive Obama policy and agenda. Why else would Obama bend over backwards and even break laws to help Hillary win? Trump is still dealing with neutralizing them and flushing out these people.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Done at the ballot box?

How so?

Hillary Clinton billed herself as an extension of Obama. Obama billed Hillary Clinton as an extension of himself. Democrats were disappointed it seems. While they did turn out for Hillary, it wasn't the turnout that Obama got.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly right on both points. Though I still don't understand why the Deep State had such little faith in Hillary. It's like they were breaking laws to help her, because Obama wanted them to...but their heart wasn't in it.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
I feel your pain brother. I was a liberal Democrat back when both parties had liberal and conservative wings within the party. Slowly, it seems, since the end of the Reagan administration, the parties have been taken over by the extremists.

I saw the transformation from conservationists of the earth to "management of natural resources." These were the people who had become so delusional that they actually believed that they were qualified to "manage nature." It devolved from "protect and cherish the land" to "make the land do what you want and other people must follow this cookie cutter approach."

I saw the people who were trying and having some success uniting people get shot in the head in public.

Fast forward 50 years and we're seeing not the in-public assignations but the feeling of a certain percentage of the population that it is okay to damage someone's property if you don't like the bumper sticker they are displaying. That is not the thinking of a liberal. That's an authoritarian---no matter what label they try to hide behind.

On the other hand, the Patriot Act is also authoritarian legislation. So we're getting it from both parties. The fringe make the news. A conservative Democrat is a rare thing in today's world. Trump has helped to bring some liberal Republicans back to the fold with some of his policies.

Our state just reported a pretty dramatic drop in Democrat registration. www.courier-journal.com...

I'm pleased to see the number of those who don't claim a party rising.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
No one said America was never great. I think a good example of when it was great, was during WW2. This country pulled together for a common purpose. There are other periods that im sure you could find if you want to do the research. At different times in our history, (usually in periods of strife) people put aside their differences and did what was needed to ensure our freedoms and safety. This is what we need to do now before we destroy ourselves as a country. People now identify as: republican, democrat, independent, African american, Mexican American etc. what we need to do is identify as Americans. We are in the same boat here, and it's sinking fast. a reply to: hoss53

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying. But I don't remember seeing "birthers" coming after Obama Admin staff in public, and at their homes.

And gunning down gov employees at a baseball field after asking of they were "republicans"

Or the BLM which was/is a leftwing organization calling for cops and whites to be shot, which they were on several occasions. (see the dallas shooting)

But the left conveniently like to leave that out.

edit on 26-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Their behavior was formed early in life.. And see Uncle Sam as their surrogate mommy/daddy? OK. Then why the violence?

Psychology absent Social Psychology cant explain humans, especially not when groups themselves are the discussion. See page 2 of the thread my follow up in there breaks the whole thing down.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join