It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does The Democratic Party Have So Many Violent and UnCivil People.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Please change the title if possible to make a distinction between being a Democrat and being a Progressive Liberal calling themselves Democrats because no other Party would have them.

Why Has The Democratic Party Allowed So Many Violent and UnCivil Progressives into a once Honorable Party

Add words such as uncouth , immoral , disrespectful , hades the dictionary is full of words to describe Liberals.(none are good)

edit on 6/26/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

So you're saying that the top leadership in the Democratic party ENCOURAGES such behavior. The rank-and-file are really normal people, incited to being extremists by party leadership. That makes sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TinySickTears

Considering this crap goes back into decades of labor riots, race riots, war riots, welfare riots, violent crime apologists, the KKK, Weather Underground, Anarchist's Cookbook era, and ANTIFA, I agree with you... the OP sold his topic short by not going back a lot further than 2 years.

am i reading this wrong or are you saying the kkk is left wing?

has there been any violence committed by the right?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They have a very vocal ten percent which spread a lot of chaos throughout society. The vast Democrats are not that way. But they do not have time to research what is really happening so tend to believe that ten percent of them that are calling themselves progressives I think.

Unfortunately, 90% of the mainstream media keeps their attention focused on the 10%, and attempt to justify it.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Two reasons.

First, it is the difference between how liberals and conservatives think.

Liberals are emotional (look at the tantrum since Nov 2016 for an example) and react based on emotion. They have been taught to think that conservatives are actually evil... so anything they do to combat that evil justifies what they do. By any means necessary. Doesn't help that the liberal culture has a situational ethics problem.

Conservatives, by and large, want adherence to law and stability. They approach goals differently, thinking that civility and order is the way to run a nation. If they lose politically then fine... they may huff and puff about it because of how they think and feel, but accept the consequences.

SECONDLY and most importantly, it is because liberals and progressives on both sides of the isle just had a major upset. We have, for the first time since Reagan, a President that isn't a progressive. Holes are being poked into their ideology by the new President, goals are being set back and tried and true ways to push down the President's approval ratings so they can get rid of him just don't work with Trump.

They have thrown everything they have at the guy and he is still going, still unraveling their plans, still winning.

Long story short, it is driving them nuts.

Think it is bad now, they don't understand that the more over the top they go, the more they whip their base into a hate frenzy, the more it is going to cost them politically this year.

So sweety, if you think they are unhinged now, just wait till the end of the midterm cycle.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Considering this crap goes back into decades of labor riots, race riots, war riots, welfare riots, violent crime apologists, the KKK, Weather Underground, Anarchist's Cookbook era, and ANTIFA, I agree with you... the OP sold his topic short by not going back a lot further than 2 years.

I'm saying the KKK was founded by the Democrat party, which is a historical fact same as the GOP is the party of Abraham Lincoln and freed the slaves.

And yes, there has been violence committed by the right, but not to the degree and public spectacle as the left. Off the top of my head I can't come up with any riots started by the right... right wing malcontents tend to lone wolf this stuff for some reason.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

Thank-you. But all humans feel entitled to something, don't we? Be it an entitlement, or freedom to choose.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm saying the KKK was founded by the Democrat party, which is a historical fact same as the GOP is the party of Abraham Lincoln and freed the slaves.

And yes, there has been violence committed by the right, but not to the degree and public spectacle as the left. Off the top of my head I can't come up with any riots started by the right... right wing malcontents tend to lone wolf this stuff for some reason.

thanks

im asking cause i really dont know what the lines are anymore

didnt know that about the kkk though.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They don't have a coherent message.

Are they going to lower taxes? Are they going to strengthen the border? What are they doing to grow the economy? What's their plan? We're still fighting, are they going to end the war? Are they going to decrease unemployment?
What are their plans for healthcare?

What do they want to do?

Seriously.

No one says sh#t about anything positive from the left.

What is their platform?

I went to the DNC site and they still have "Goals for 2016" on there as their platform.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Please change the title if possible to make a distinction between being a Democrat and being a Progressive Liberal calling themselves Democrats because no other Party would have them.

Why Has The Democratic Party Allowed So Many Violent and UnCivil Progressives into a once Honorable Party

Add words such as uncouth , immoral , disrespectful , hades the dictionary is full of words to describe Liberals.(none are good)

You raise a very good point and people should be aware of the distinction.

There are Progressives in both parties... it is just that the Democratic party currently houses more.

I do hope the party starts cleaning house, as the Republican party seems to be attempting to do.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So we've got 2 hideously taken out of context politicians (we clearly arent listening to the same recordings of those politicians), a comedian who is known for being edgy, an old musician who is known for controversy and two rappers. Hardly a description of a majority of the "left"

Meanwhile we have Milo Yiannopolous who was a favorite on this very forum for quite awhile (I remember when every one of his speeches would get their own thread) told the Observer today that "I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight". But yea..the problem is one sided.

I also get that not every "right wing" person supports Milo also, but every side has their crazy people, and the sources we have today (epscially on the right I've noticed) are so divided that you will never see anything other than a "crazy leftist" on them.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
They have a very vocal ten percent which spread a lot of chaos throughout society. The vast Democrats are not that way. But they do not have time to research what is really happening so tend to believe that ten percent of them that are calling themselves progressives I think.

Unfortunately, 90% of the mainstream media keeps their attention focused on the 10%, and attempt to justify it.

It sells.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Momma's kids dont get spanked enough.

Dr Drew Westen did a whole book, based on cutting edge neuropsychology, how conservatives have an appeal to the fatherly parental model, and democrat have their appeal in the motherly parental model.

The implication of course that they all want the government to be their mommy / daddy.

That's the Psychology explanation.

The Social Psychology explanation is a little more complex, and I argue three pronged:

1. Appeal to Collectivism. This aspect runs two fold in that its 'powered by' hardliner groupthink, where there is both ideological and group psychology dynamics to the equation.

2. Anonymity of the Crowd. Now we're talking classical Le Bon (circa 1890's), taken to new extremes via social media.

Le Bon detailed three key processes that create the psychological crowd: i) Anonymity, ii) Contagion and iii) Suggestibility. Anonymity provides to rational individuals a feeling of invincibility and the loss of personal responsibility. An individual becomes primitive, unreasoning, and emotional. This lack of self-restraint allows individuals to "yield to instincts" and to accept the instinctual drives of their "racial unconscious". en.wikipedia.org...

3. Outrage Machine: Now combine all that with their appeal to "Moral Emotional Wedge Issues", which the Republican's are just as much guilty of in my lifetime, but its the ultimate fuel on the above fire. Especially since the Democrat model is based on Nazi'eqsue rabid appeal to mass group identity dynamics, its the ultimate in irrational groupthink mongering (in human history I argue).
edit on 26-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I went to the DNC site and they still have "Goals for 2016" on there as their platform.

Well, to be honest they have had the same goals since Wilson...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Because they have Now Become Overtly Anarchists . Simple Choice now in Nov. , Anarchy or Constitutional Law and Oder . CHOOSE America !
edit on 26-6-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They don't have a coherent message.

Are they going to lower taxes? Are they going to strengthen the border? What are they doing to grow the economy? What's their plan? We're still fighting, are they going to end the war? Are they going to decrease unemployment?
What are their plans for healthcare?

What do they want to do?

Seriously.

No one says sh#t about anything positive from the left.

What is their platform?

I know lots of people on the left that are good people. But the far left radicals are a pain in the butt. I only know a couple of those kind of people personally, I stay away from associating with them, they are so negative in their personalities. I like talking to people who are mellow. I do not like to get involved with people that are radical, that kind of life sucks. I do not think that the regular Democrats and mild Liberals should be following these radical people, they are bad for our society, real worthy issues need to be addressed,

The Illegal immigration scam is just that. We need to make it cheaper for good people to be able to immigrate to this country and set up better work permits if they want to come here to work. No Mexican criminal should be allowed here, let Mexico deal with their owb criminals.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

"Progressive" does not mean what some believe. Progressivism is good in some cases . You could say that I am a very "progressive" person when it comes to new PC equipment . I try and stay on the "cutting" edge of technology .

Progressive Liberalism is a whole nuther ideology.

I once was a "Progressive Liberal" for many a year.(decades actually) . That was when the "movement" meant something good. Hell , you could even say I was there almost at start. Yep , A Dirty , Tree-Hugging , Progressive Liberal , Long Haired Hippie" . But it meant something righteous. And all throughout the late 60s to middle 80s , it was all done WITHOUT violence or even the THREAT of violence.

Now they have members of Congress inciting violence ?
And , they are all Democrat .
Why ? They are playing to their largest base (other than dead folks and illegal immigrants) They don't even have the greatest portion of the True Blue Democratic voters anymore .

The latter is why I left , by the way . It was becoming something violent and evil.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Republicans wanted Obama out of office too. It took years, but it was FINALLY done at the ballot box... the CIVIL way.

Term limits gave Obama the boot.
I think he would have won a 3rd term if allowed to run.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I'll see what I can manage. Only so many characters can fit in the Title ya know.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yet when you look at incidents over the past 2 years, the vast majority have been committed by DEMOCRATS against REPUBLICANS.

i dont know one way or the other but why we only looking at 2 years?

why not look at the past 25 or 50 years?

If you can find more statistics, by all means, please share them. Like I said in the O.P., the information is hard to come by.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join