It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Network Instability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good afternoon fellow ATS'ers.

As of late I've been noticing an increasing amount of internet network outages including phone lines. Originally I thought it was just a one time error. However I spoke with some of my friends and they've been experiencing the same issues. This is happening with many different service providers as well. Our systems at work have been cutting in and out and lagging horribly, as well as other businesses in the surrounding area. This has been going on for nearly two weeks.. I also though that this must have been an isolated incident. Well, it's not.

Are any of you experiencing these kinds of issues?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks
No problems here in Southwestern KY.
I work in IT, and I've not heard anything from any clients today either.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Anyone else have Prime Video down on Saturday?

Personally I think it is 1 of 2 things.

1. Media war with hackers downing and blocking sites from rivals i.e. Netflix vs. Amazon

2. A.I. asserting itself into another system cause a momentary outage until it has rooted itself...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have had less problems in the last two weeks than in the month prior concerning internet but I will say I have observed unusual behavior on my us cellular phone. Calls are dropping out of nowhere all of the sudden -- as much as 4 times per day.

Maybe related to net neutrality? Deep packet inspection has quite a bit of overhead. Perhaps someone upstream was not adequately prepared to handle their own traffic shaping.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

As of late I've been noticing an increasing amount of internet network outages including phone lines. Originally I thought it was just a one time error. However I spoke with some of my friends and they've been experiencing the same issues. This is happening with many different service providers as well. Our systems at work have been cutting in and out and lagging horribly, as well as other businesses in the surrounding area. This has been going on for nearly two weeks.. I also though that this must have been an isolated incident. Well, it's not.

you said...too many servers, towers, wifi, devices, tv, cable, dishes, phones...how many total devices in say one block of 15 homes of teens and families, businesses must there be?

Multiply that block x all blocks in one area, in one city, x one area of one county in one region x one state x all states or areas?

Surprising the infrastructure of support isn't there as fast as tech needs it to be.
edit on 26-6-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Everyone , everywhere are going through the patching (both firmware and software) for the "Speculative Side Band Addressing Flaw"
That would be my guess...
Up to 30% efficiency drop across all devices.
Be my guess.
To update a Layer 2 or 3 Switch or Router , you have to reboot that device.
Update a server ? Reboot.
Etc,

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We live in the boonies, so we have satellite internet... normally, I have no problems. Since Sunday, I have been getting "connection reset" and "server timed out" errors... several per hour. It is definitely not normal.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm in the UK. My internet comes from an ISP who are forced to use BT telephone lines. I've had to give up using Firefox because the downloading of adverts, tracking cookies, ad websites, and flash banners from over a dozen different websites was slowing the connection so much. Even with my alternative browser, I've had to disable so many other auxiliary web services to keep the speed up.

Very often, my browser says that a connection to a website is broken, no IP address can be found, but then the webpage fragments start arriving. Even with newspapers. My suspicions are with Akamai, which is some kind of web-page pre-processing.

edit on 26-6-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

That's exactly what we're experiencing. Got the networks back up and running at the office, well at least one half of the building. Still having problems at home as of this morning.

top topics

join